The OA on netflix

It wasn't the dancing that bothered me, it was the shooter. Incredibly random and did not make any sense. Surely the writers could have come up with something not so out of left field for the five to need to use their new knowledge. And the fact that the shooter looked practically like that Dylan kid and the Sandy Hook shooter really did not sit well with me. I guess because those shootings really affected me. I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too much into it but I was really disappointed in the "catastrophe" being that shooting.

You are definitely not looking too much into it, it's a warranted feeling! I agree that the shooting scene should have been omitted. It was unnecessary, very random and distasteful.

i watched it and i have mixed feeling because my friends love it so much and thought this show is brilliant but i just don't see it as brilliant
i enjoy stranger things more
i want to like it and still recommend people to watch it because it's different but i don't find it special.
i love sci fi and fantasy movies but there's lot of scenes i laugh when i think it meant to be serious

I know some people that said the same thing and brought up mixed feelings. I felt very connected to the storyline but only the dancing bits were a bit much for me and the ending. I liked the idea that it keeps the audience guessing whether or not to believe her story. The realist in me was perplexed haha.

It wasn't the dancing that bothered me, it was the shooter. Incredibly random and did not make any sense. Surely the writers could have come up with something not so out of left field for the five to need to use their new knowledge. And the fact that the shooter looked practically like that Dylan kid and the Sandy Hook shooter really did not sit well with me. I guess because those shootings really affected me. I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too much into it but I was really disappointed in the "catastrophe" being that shooting.
I thought that the shooter was the boy that was punched in the throat in the beginning by the bully!

You are definitely not looking too much into it, it's a warranted feeling! I agree that the shooting scene should have been omitted. It was unnecessary, very random and distasteful.

I'm glad I'm not the only who who felt that way. What's crazy is that that scene had practically no impact on me. Imagine if whatever the catastrophe was build up through an episode or two, then boom! This way, I was like....umm??

Reactions: Fran0421
I'm glad I'm not the only who who felt that way. What's crazy is that that scene had practically no impact on me. Imagine if whatever the catastrophe was build up through an episode or two, then boom! This way, I was like....umm??
I think the shooting scene was warranted. If you need to have them all together at the same time what was the likely place? The school. When you think of what could possibly happen at a school that everyone in the world could relate too. It would be a school shooting. Of course everyone has not experienced this first hand, however, we have all seen this play out on the news and empathized with everyone involved.
Just a thought.

Reactions: lettuceshop
I think the shooting scene was warranted. If you need to have them all together at the same time what was the likely place? The school. When you think of what could possibly happen at a school that everyone in the world could relate too. It would be a school shooting. Of course everyone has not experienced this first hand, however, we have all seen this play out on the news and empathized with everyone involved.
Just a thought.

No way, I'm not buying that the writers couldn't be more creative and figure out something else. It just didn't fit at all and did not flow either. There are so many ways even if a school shooting was the way they wanted to go that the writers could have built up to it. But they didn't! Totally out of left field.

DH and I watched the whole series and were hooked from the first episode. The last episode left me reeling and like WTH? Then the next morning we were talking about it and my DH said he felt she was able to reach that dimension they'd all been practicing for, because seeing Homer at the end meant she "reached him" as she planned, but she had to die to get there. Makes sense because all the captives were regularly "killed" during Hap's weird experiments. It does tie in with her being the only one shot at the school shooting. I'd not thought of it that way, but it makes sense to me now. To me, it's like the urgency of the school shooter made the group's moves all the more meaningful and necessary to be able to open the other dimension whilst saving everyone else.

Anyways, I hope they renew it and give us more information.