The NYE ball dress thread! Pls share with us!

^^ That's a very pretty dress! I'd say it'd be inappropriate for a wedding on any other day but since it's NYE, you might have a pass to be a little more sparkly and va-va-voomy. The only thing is it looks a little short?

As for me, I just got my NYE dress in and I'm unsure if I should go with tights or bare-legged. :thinking:

IMG_7938.jpg
IMG_7943.jpg
IMG_7962.jpg

images.asos.com/inv/media/6/3/0/0/1370036/silver/image1xxl.jpg

I was going to wear this, but I am going to a wedding NYE - is it inappropriate??

Hm, can't get the pic to load into the thread.

here's a link: http://us.asos.com/Tfnc/Tfnc-One-Sh...ress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Silver

Where is the wedding located? Time, like will you be at the reception while the ball is dropping? Is that your official NYE celebration? Is there a dress code listed on your invitation.

I think it could be inappropriate, and likely is. However, maybe with a jacket/shawl for the actual wedding it could work.

It's a pretty dress, I just don't know.

Maryanne007 that's a perfect dress for NYE but I totally agree with what nviedprincess says. Maybe you can wear a blazer over it? Is the bride around your age? Do you know what your friends might be wearing to the wedding?

Mia Bella
great legs! you will be breaking necks all night. Show them off!

LoveMyMarc go for it!!! I love the lace =)

Im wearing this! (still trying to figure out the bra situation)

it looks pretty unforgiving as far as lines go. But I have one converter bra that includes like a low waistish strap? I don't know how big your breasts are, but I can't just do the silicone cover thingys. MAYBE if the dress is snug enough you could.

Really cute dress though!

sarasmit3269- gorgeous dress!!! I would suggest the silicone bra?

it looks pretty unforgiving as far as lines go. But I have one converter bra that includes like a low waistish strap? I don't know how big your breasts are, but I can't just do the silicone cover thingys. MAYBE if the dress is snug enough you could.

Really cute dress though!

Thanks guys! I got the dress through Revolveclothing...They pmed the dress that was sold out at saks and dropped the price to $45 SHIPPED...AND it got here in two days! I seriously couldnt believe it. NOW, that said, the dress certainly isnt worth more than that. The material is extremely flimsy and feels kinda cheap.

I have large breasts, so Im not sure if the silicone one will be able to support them. I did look at some that almost looked like a corset with a very low back that I might look into, plus a little extra squeeze in my middle region wouldnt be awful either. :P

I love everyones dresses so far! I love NYE!

There are some beautiful dresses on this thread!

Maryanne - I actually love that dress! Is the wedding going to be a huge event and everyone dressed to the nines? (I'm guessing since they chose for it to be on NYE?!) If it is, go for it!

I'm still figuring out what to wear but great inspiration, ladies!

These are the dresses i'm debating about. I would love to wear the Lanvin since I just got it. BUT I would like to wear the HL red for NYE. RED is perfect for the holidays but so is the purple dress.

lanvinoneshoulderdress.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited: