The North Face jackets

Jun 18, 2008
I just ordered my functional warm jacket. I got a North Face Destiny jacket...looks so cute and warm. I am 5-5 and weigh 107. I ordered an xs b/c according to the size chart that is what I am but does anyone know if they run true to size? I hope so, I got a great deal from Back Country Outlet.

Thanks.
Jenny

I think the xs may be too short in some areas. Is there a store near you that carries TNF, that you could try on a similar jacket to check for size? I am about the same height and wear a medium.

I find that all winter coats run large and Northface isn't an exception, but it should fit you fine. I'm slightly smaller and tried on that brand in the stores. The XS was bigger than I would have liked, but it wouldn't have kept me from purchasing it.

On a side note about North Face, I found that the quality in no way justified the sticker price. The zipper didn't work smoothly (it was plasticy and stuck a lot) and the materials were too rough for me.

I have two Denali's and love them! I am 5'7'' and about 135, and a small fits me well (although I don't really wear bulky sweaters underneath). I think an XS will work great for you if they run like the Denali's do! And about what the PP said about the zippers, I have had mine for three years and haven't had any issues with the zipper at all. And I fine the fleece super warm, and defintely worth the price.

I'm 5'7'', 115, and I wear a small. I have a long torso and arms, that XS is just too short all over. I've never had an issue with quality. I've had a couple Denalis for over 5 years and they are in great shape.