The newest member of our foster family!

Diesel&Coco

May 27, 2008
So, this is the newest "baby" in our house!

I just joined a MinPin Rescue near me, and he was rescued from a nearby animal control where he didn't have much time left.

I don't know much about him, as I believe he was abandoned in the middle of nowhere. The animal control people named him Marco, but I have no idea what his real name is, and I'm open to suggestions, as I'm not particularly fond of "marco." He's full grown, and the other volunteer estimated him at about 17 lbs.

Such a big baby - he's afraid of my two chihuahuas! One is around 6 lbs and one is 4 lbs - he's at least triple their size! LOL!

This is my first rescue and my first Min Pin, and I've heard a lot about their personalities, but he is so skittish right now! I really think (hope) he'll open up.

Anyway, here he is! (Sorry, don't know why this is rotated - it's right-side up in Photobucket!)
DSC01675.jpg

AWWWWW, he is lovely!!! I have two min pins and they are the LOVE of my life. He will bond with you in no time. They love to be loved, and are so very loyal. I can not wait to hear updates!! He is a big boy...my girls are 13 and 11 lbs...anyway, CONGRATS!!! Have fun.

Yes, he is a funny little guy! He has no idea of his own size - he thinks he's the same size as my 4-pounder! My Diesel sniffed his butt, and Rico (that's what I'm calling him now) JUMPED into my sister's lap, like "Hold me!" He tried to fit alllll of himself in her lap, but he's just too big and he doesn't realize it, LOL!

I have to take photos of him for the website and PetFinder, and I'll post them here. That one doesn't really look like him - it makes his face look bigger than he is.

We're at a stalemate on names: I like Rico, Murphy Lee, Spike, and Chuck Norris (LOL), but DBF likes Thor, Frank the Tank, Triumph (like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog) etc. (I hate "Marco" - every time I say it around someone else, they go "Polo!" Ugh).

What a handsome boy you have. Like Sunshine said, he'll come out of his shell and turn into a lover. I'll tell you though, they need boundaries. Prince, my Min Pin, would have the run of the house if I let him. He's such a stubborn one but is one of my 4-legged loves of my life.