The New Travel Bag

sillykitty

Jun 6, 2009
Maria just sent me some pics of the new Travel Bag. She'd like some input from tpf to choose a name, something travel-y!

Dimensions: 20" x 12" x 7.5"

The front pocket is removable, and will fit a passport comfortably

ABBIMG_4288.jpg

ABBIMG_4290.jpg

ABBIMG_4318.jpg

ABBIMG_4292.jpg

ABBIMG_4297.jpg

ABBIMG_4302.jpg

This is in Cognac, and Maria said the pics are shinier than the bag is IRL

The price is TBD

Last edited:
I just love the cognac leather color :biggrin:

Names (being that I think they like feminine sounding names?):
Explora
Adventuress
Jessette (like as in, Jet Setter?)
Voyage
Sandie (sand beaches? lol)

...or maybe a location?
Milan
Jamaica
Paris
London

I love almost everything about it except for the handle because it looks a bit pinched in where the rolled part is placed.

IDKY...Something about the proportion bothers me but overall..I love it..and it would work very well..

Hmmm....maybe a rolled handle with the addition of that rolled piece..or a smaller rolled piece..something is off to my eyes..but that could just be because I am sitting here listening to my selfish neighbors blasting regaton, rap and other stuff with a DJ..partying in the middle of the week..I have a headache from hell.

What about Vagabond for a name?

Adeona..or Avandra...goddess who protects travelers?

Last edited:
I like vagabond.
I wonder if this fits airlines carry on fit?
I just went to the Titaqnic exhibit in Times Square on Sat- so many things were still in really good condition (considered they were sitting at the bottom of the ocean for 73 + yrs w/ 600 lbs of pressure, salt water, micro organisms...etc) because so many people had leather luggage and jewelry rolls etc. I thought to myself I wanted a leather bag for traveling and now here it is. I like it.

How about Atalanta? She is a Greek Goddess associated with travel, adventure, running and hunting and is regarded as fiercly independant. In some stories, she accompanied Jason on the quest to retrieve the Golden Fleece (and was the only woman among the Argonauts).

(I do like the bag!)

I like Bon Voyage or Vagabond. Too bad they have an Amelia already because it'd be cool to be named after a famous woman explorer/traveler such as Amelia Earheart.

Adios would be kinda cool too.

How about Atalanta? She is a Greek Goddess associated with travel, adventure, running and hunting and is regarded as fiercly independant. In some stories, she accompanied Jason on the quest to retrieve the Golden Fleece (and was the only woman among the Argonauts).

(I do like the bag!)

Ooh, I love this suggestion! I like Wanderlust or Vagabond too, but Atalanta sounds like it could fit in with the other bag names.

I definitely like the look of the bag itself. The "pinched" handles (I think the flat handles are folded in half lengthwise near the top?) might actually be more comfortable for shoulder carrying than regular flat handles, if they don't slip off the shoulder that easily. I don't think I'd swap them out for rolled handles either (at least not without shortening them), as I think the proportions might look strange, but that's just me.

I wonder if it'll have feet, though? If so, I hope they manage to find bigger feet than the tiny little square ones they currently have! The size looks like it should fit airline carry-on restrictions too, but I haven't checked the restrictions in awhile. 20" sounds like it's about the same length as a standard carry-on suitcase, though? Definitely sounds great for the frequent traveller!

I definitely love the look of the new bag! I travel frequently, so this would fit my needs quite well!

Since the other Ignes styles all seem to have female names, it'd be neat to have this bag named after a famous female explorer/traveler. Ann Bancroft? Isabella Bird? Sally Ride?