The new rose indien alma

GM! I had the same dilemma, I tried them both on at the store and felt that the PM was just too cutesy/girly for me. Sort of like I was wearing a kids bag (no offense to any PM owners), I found the GM a bit edgier. With the alma PM in amarante I don't get this 'this is too cute' feeling though, the darker color gives it a different feel. The PM felt a little awkward on the crook of my arm too, the GM was more comfortable. I have it on hold to pick up Wednesday, can't wait!

They are both beautiful bags, if you can try them both on and I'm sure one will stand out more to you! I'd say get this one in GM and get the PM later in amarante.

I would get the PM if you already have a bold color one in GM. Unless you really want the GM size a pm would add a nice variety for size to your collection. I have an Alma BB and it is small....it really depends on what you want to use this bag for.....

I really want this bag, I have fallen in live ready and its the kind of colour I have been waiting LV to come out with. I can't decide between the pm and gm.
I already have the gm pomme and I love it, it's my favourite bAg but with this pink I feel it might be too much in your face especially in gm even though the size suits me perfect.

For those who have seen it IRL do you think the pink gm is "look at me I want attention" and the pm is "look at me I'm cute" ?

I can't decide between the pm and gm.

I have no pm in my collection at the moment but I am planning on buying the pm amarante

So what would you say, gm or pm for the pink indien or even alma bb?

I think the GM is huge and overwhelming. It's almost like the bag is wearing you instead of you wearing the bag. The color is very true to form. I would go for the pm....and I am sure the bb is adorable as well. My store didn't have that one in yet. I am looking at the pochette but only because I wa t something in this color...vs. needing something.

Good luck with your decision

chanel123456 said:
Do you think it is too similar to the pomme? Because this comes across as a dark pink/fuschia..
Do you get a lot of use out of the rose pop? I remember wanting the rose pop so bad but had no money at the time :sad:

Honestly, I only carry my alma during the summer due to the color and the fact that I have soo many other bags in rotation.

GM all the way! I love big bags and you just can fit so much into it! Personally , the PM is too small for everyday use, just MHO. but like previous posts, it depends on what you are wanting to use it for---everyday, evening out......but either way, that color is FABULOUS!!!

Actually, I think you should get the BB and here is why:

1) You already have a GM in a vibrant "in your face" color (pomme is beautiful!)
2) you plan to get the PM size in amarante in the future
3) I assume you have no BB and getting one would round out your Alma collection.

I have seen the rose idien in real life. It is a FAB color!! I do think that it is too similar (in nature) to the GM in pomme to double up if you want variety in your life though. I have the Alma vernis in GM, PM and BB and I am glad to have all three. THe bb is a very darling bag and it gets lots of attention. It is very appropriate for evening/occassion, but I also wear it when I am going to brunch with friends or shopping and lunch and other things like that.

Good luck with your decision!:smile:

I have the alma gm in pomme I love the size it does get heavy, it depends on what you like. If you want the bag to use a lot and be light I would get the pm. For the color it doesn't seem like a in your face color.

This is a tough call. In the pictures I like the GM better, as I do think the PM is a little "cutesy" in pink. I think that if you prefer the GM size on yourself then you should go for that and not worry about being too "in your face." I feel that any hot pink bag is going to be "in your face," so you might as well commit to rocking a hot bag and get the size you love.

i prefer the PM. the GM is too big since the bag is so structured. and the BB is super cute but i've never been tempted to get that size since it's too little for everyday use.

but the question is: what size do you think you'll be most comfortable with and use. you have a GM and obviously use it - could you down-size to a PM or would it be too small for you? if you purchased the BB how often would you carry it? you'll have to try them all on and look in the mirror a lot to see what you like best.

good luck! the PM vs GM(MM) debate continues ...

I vote for BB. I think this is a very eye catching colour and in the bigger sizes it may look dated in a few years but the BB can be a bit more subtle but super cute. Right now cross body bags are in style so you could totally wear it cross body with jeans to run errands or just casually. Plus you can wear with the long strap on your shoulder with a little black dress for nights out. Then even in a few years you could use it as a nice subtle pop of colour for going out. I think in vernis the bigger bags look better in more classic colours like pomme and amarante. Hope this helps! :smile:

x_TaNgErInE_x said:
I vote for BB. I think this is a very eye catching colour and in the bigger sizes it may look dated in a few years but the BB can be a bit more subtle but super cute. Right now cross body bags are in style so you could totally wear it cross body with jeans to run errands or just casually. Plus you can wear with the long strap on your shoulder with a little black dress for nights out. Then even in a few years you could use it as a nice subtle pop of colour for going out. I think in vernis the bigger bags look better in more classic colours like pomme and amarante. Hope this helps! :smile:

I've had my GM since 2009 and i still get oohs and aahhhs everytime I carry her. The alma is a classic, so I disagree!

Oh my...love the color...must stay away from the LV store...

But to answer your question, GM would not be "too much" to me, however I would say for you, go with the BB since you have a Pomme GM and plan on the Amarante in PM.

MsLVinDC said:
I've had my GM since 2009 and i still get oohs and aahhhs everytime I carry her. The alma is a classic, so I disagree!

Its really a case of " to each their own". Even in classic styles I think colours can make the bag look trendier vs more classic. In my opinion bright colours other than red are not classics. That's not to say that the bag can't look great in a few years and that someone can't still totally rock it. But it really depends on the person and their style. I would personally feel the colour might be dated and it wouldn't work for me especially for the day. That's my honest opinion but if you still carry yours and it works for you that's great! :smile: