The new lv bags by Nicolas Ghesquiere, slideshow from style.com

I can definitely see some Prada influence here and Bvlgari with the one handle lop sided bag style and the chanel quilting look. But I do like that Alma though, something a bit different.

I see an epi speedy popping out from under that very strange cover. But the tweed influence is clearly chanel too.

hmmm strange but interesting.

The bags are ok to me but look like they are out of my price range; however, the bag that looked like a small trunk case that was sitting in a cover made me wish that LV would make like stylish purse raincoates for yoy bags, preferably speedys where you could quickly snap it over your bag but still look stylish if you get caught in the rain. I would so buy that!

i love the little monogram boxy bags (without the weird x's) and the quilted alma and box-y speedy looking things (with both handles). the one handle and buttoned open bags i do not like one bit >.<

The bod bag actually is kind of charming, but that squeezed clutch that pbinsider posted, that was not good! I think the Black and Tan one pictured in the style.com link, gives a saint Laurent like vibe, it looked good but just does not say lv to me. Maybe we just need some adjustment time to the new artistic direction:smile:

i didn't see anything that made my heart sing. all it did was make me realize that i'd better purchase the discontinued LEs i want and the new colors on already available bags i want before LV becomes a brand i don't care for.

i didn't see anything that made my heart sing. all it did was make me realize that i'd better purchase the discontinued LEs i want and the new colors on already available bags i want before LV becomes a brand i don't care for.

I'm with you sgj. Who knows what the future holds now? :girlsigh:

It looks dreadful. The Alma turned into a wannabe Chanel was a travesty. I agree with others hoping LV doesn't turn into another boring handbag brand. Lv has always been known for class and style and timelessness. This look displayed in the show isn't it.

The quilting on the outside of the bag is actually inspired by the interior of vintage trunks which also had the same quilting. I don't think chanel had any influence on the design aspect of this collection

I see quite a bit of Chanel runway in it...but not in a good way. I hope these are for the most part haute couture and the boutique releases will appeal to a larger customer base.

I agree totally. Nothing here interested me. If this is where it's going, I guess the one positive is I will be saving some money by not buying anything. After the past 2 1/2 months that might be a good idea anyway..lol. I miss MJ already :sad:

I kind of like some of the bags. Its a bit more conservative but thats what sales. They are definitely look into selling more bags than making statement pieces.

I'm with you sgj. Who knows what the future holds now? :girlsigh:

i know, it's really a shame because i'm not into Chanel or any other brand, for that matter. i'm going to concentrate on finding and aquiring a LE SS Leopard Speedy, a LE Mono Fetish Lockit and a Noir MC Priscilla. and of course, i still want/need my Grand Bleu Brea and Amarante Montana too.

i know, it's really a shame because i'm not into Chanel or any other brand, for that matter. i'm going to concentrate on finding and aquiring a LE SS Leopard Speedy, a LE Mono Fetish Lockit and a Noir MC Priscilla. and of course, i still want/need my Grand Bleu Brea and Amarante Montana too.
Those all sound just wonderful. Hope you can find those LE's in perfect shape. Also, can't wait for you to get that Grand Bleu Brea! I love the Brea so much. :heart:

I agree totally. Nothing here interested me. If this is where it's going, I guess the one positive is I will be saving some money by not buying anything. After the past 2 1/2 months that might be a good idea anyway..lol. I miss MJ already :sad:

Me too. Most folks here seemed to be really excited about NG, but I just knew that I would miss Marc…and I do. :rain: