The New Edition Story

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
Wow, I am surprised there isn't already a thread.

I'm a huge New Edition fan, (as well as their breakout projects) and I'm just so impressed with everything about this. The casting is excellent, the wardrobe, the music, the actors... I could do with less commercials but excited so many sponsors wanted the air time. I'm also really glad they chose to air it back to back instead of on a weekly basis or something like that.

I can't believe how long they were broke. It's truly sad how the music industry can just suck you dry like that. I've always admired Michael Bivens's business sense and it was great to see how that came about.

I can't wait to see the final installment tonight. Hopefully this will be released on DVD. I honestly would've paid to see it in the theater . Also Bell Biv Devoe is releasing an album tonight (I think midnight). 90s/early 2000 hip hop/r&b was my golden era. As the young kids say "What a time to be alive!".

Loved this biopic! I think it was the right combination of a great story. I appreciate the openness that each NE member was willing to allow the series to address. The music was great, all of it, so nice to be able to sing along as the tale was told. Loved the desire, hard work, the moms, but most of all the common theme of the 5 kids sticking together and sticking up for each other even when one gave another their worst. The cooperation of all to make this happen is great.

Whoever wrote and produced this should be hired by Lifetime, or at least send them a memo to get a clue. We could have so many biopics to watch, sing along and learn a few things we didn't know. I've got a whole list of rock, country, r&B, and rap groups I'd love to see portrayed like this. so watchable. so enjoyable.

All those young actors portraying NE were so good looking, much better than the original guys. My daughter was shocked at how different the real NE members looked.

BET finally did something right.

They did a great job with this movie (probably because NE themselves were heavily involved). The casting was spot on, the acting was good and all the actors can actually sing. Keith Powers and Algee Smith are cuties.

Reactions: natcolb65
Loved this biopic! I think it was the right combination of a great story. I appreciate the openness that each NE member was willing to allow the series to address. The music was great, all of it, so nice to be able to sing along as the tale was told. Loved the desire, hard work, the moms, but most of all the common theme of the 5 kids sticking together and sticking up for each other even when one gave another their worst. The cooperation of all to make this happen is great.

Whoever wrote and produced this should be hired by Lifetime, or at least send them a memo to get a clue. We could have so many biopics to watch, sing along and learn a few things we didn't know. I've got a whole list of rock, country, r&B, and rap groups I'd love to see portrayed like this. so watchable. so enjoyable.

All those young actors portraying NE were so good looking, much better than the original guys. My daughter was shocked at how different the real NE members looked.

Now I can't let this slide...

Attachments

• Shocked-Doc-Rivers.gif
    Shocked-Doc-Rivers.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 122