The New Coach aren't so hot, like the old one better

central2

Aug 23, 2009
To me Coach bags are usually unique and different but the last couple of seasons to me haven't been so great. The New Coach aren't so hot, like the older ones better. To me they had more personality and charm.

It's a shame you haven't seen anything recently that you've liked. I'm always seeing bags I don't like, for instance I'm not a fan (for the most part) of the signature bags. But on the other hand, I see many great bags that I love.

One of my newest loves is a lavender Op Art Sabrina. Funny thing is, when the Sabrina initially came out I didn't like it. It's totally grown on me now!

I hope that you find a bag you fall in love with soon!

Hi,
I somewhat agree with you!! I didn't like the Poppy Collection or the Bonnie Collection! I like the classic lines better!!! I have a Black Willis bag (my first Coach!) I usually pull that out for job interviews or more dressy affairs! I also have a red backpack that I use for fun every once in awhile! I just bought a Madison Julianne in black with the brass hardware! I am waiting to try it out!! I also bought a Garnet in Ivy and I love it!!! A change from the basic styles I usually go with!!

Lynne:biggrin:

I love the Zoes and Brookes, and some of the Ali bags, but I'm not wild about anything else, really. My checkbook will appreciate that, for sure. :smile:

Hi CoachGirlJami

Your foot note says:
"Location: In Coach hell - 5 hours from the nearest outlet!! :sad:"

You have got to be kidding!!!!:nuts:

And I thought 45 minutes away was bad!

Hi CoachGirlJami

Your foot note says:
"Location: In Coach hell - 5 hours from the nearest outlet!! :sad:"

You have got to be kidding!!!!:nuts:

And I thought 45 minutes away was bad!

No - SO not kidding. :sad: We are in Wichita, the nearest one is Osage Beach, MO. I guess it's good for my bank account though, I'm too thrifty to buy an FP bag usually (except that Medium Brooke I bought last week - she'll be here tomorrow, and I'm not even 100% sure I'm keeping her).

I am really happy with what Coach is doing style wise. I love all of the different "looks" they are playing with. I like the Poppy but won't buy any unless it hits the outlets. I am loving the Cambridge stuff. It is soooooo different and very "New Coach". I think that what Coach is trying to do is become very diverse so that they have something for everyone. I don't think they are ever going to do away with the Classic Coach style because everyone loves it so very much and it is what the Coach Empire was built on, but I think they will keep branching out and I am glad they are. I go through a number of different "style moods" so it is going to be nice to be able to have a Coach bag for each of those moods. I have never really had anything Coach wise that has fit that casual edgy mood that I have until the Cambridge line came out. I already have 2 Cambirdge Hobos and an Alexa Satchle. But I am also LOVING the Brook and the Tribeca stuff.
I hope that you start seeing more stuff that you love. I know it sucks when you have a Coach itch to scratch but don't see anything to scratch it with.

I don't think they are ever going to do away with the Classic Coach style because everyone loves it so very much and it is what the Coach Empire was built on, but I think they will keep branching out and I am glad they are.

ITA. Also, some of the new lines, like Brooke, seem very reminiscent of traditional coach... it took me a while to see it. But its there in the simplicity of the bag, even if the leather is modern slouchy... and Zoe with her hardware looks very traditional Coach to me...

That said, I do hope there will be more traditional Coach and legacy lining coming out... And I hope you see something that catches you eye soon!

I haven't liked anything Coach has done in a while. This year I love the new Zoe's as wel as the new Madison Line coming to stores in late September. I hope you find something to love soon from Coach.

Although i'm not in love with every single thing like I used to be (I think I was just crazy before, haha!) i'm glad that they're putting out a wide variety with their collections. Each collection is extremely distinct, a few years ago that wasn't so true.

if you love the signature stuff, this would be a rather disappointing time since so many leather bags have been coming out lately...

i love way too much of what coach is doing but i'm trying to hold out for PCE or the bag the forces me to pay full price...