The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modeling pics:P

Picture254-1.gif

And snuggled into their new home......

Picture248-1.gif
They look beautiful, and finally a glimpse of some of your shoes. We need a collection thread from you, STAT!!!!

Hi Ladies - please help :smile:

I was wondering what color strass do you all think would look good on taupe suede? I've attached a pic below of the suede.

I wanted to strass a shoe in AB Crystal (pic 1) because I love love love the color but I'm thinking that won't look good with a taupe background???

So then my thoughts went to trying to match the taupe more effectively with something like a Silk (pic 2) or a Light Colorado Topaz (pic 3)...

Then I came across Vitrail Light (pic 4) which I think in photos looks beautiful and would match the taupe exactly around the edges and give a little pop of color with the light pinky-purple shading.

Alternatively and completely off the tracks of my above thought process I was thinking of dying them purple and doing Volcano strass because I love that color too but wasn't sure about how much I might actually wear them... Ladies who have done Volcano, do you find you can wear it with a lot of your clothing?

Please help!!! :P

408047384_tp.jpg

2028CrystalAB_sm.jpg

2028-silk-sm.jpg

2028-lt-col-topaz-sm.jpg

2028-vitrail-light-sm.jpg

Clothingguru, Rdgly, Amazigrace, Lisaloves, Frick & Frack, Erin, Hanna, Joaniii....Thanks so much!!:sunnies

Erin- The vintage t-strap were purchased about 2 years ago, I bought a 39.5....they were 'new' vintage....so I really haven't even broken them in very well yet. The ones that were on the 'bay recently were a 40:biggrin:

Rdgldy-Just a 'teaser glimpse' for now;)

Frick & Frack- I am happy with them now....I was so incredibly disappointed when they first came though. They were so sad and in really gross condition. I took them to my cobbler for some Spa Time and a deep cleaning. He even removed the inside leather bottom pad to clean. I could not have gone into my closet every morning and had them staring at me the way they originally arrived

Hi Ladies - please help :smile:

I was wondering what color strass do you all think would look good on taupe suede? I've attached a pic below of the suede.

I wanted to strass a shoe in AB Crystal (pic 1) because I love love love the color but I'm thinking that won't look good with a taupe background???

So then my thoughts went to trying to match the taupe more effectively with something like a Silk (pic 2) or a Light Colorado Topaz (pic 3)...

Then I came across Vitrail Light (pic 4) which I think in photos looks beautiful and would match the taupe exactly around the edges and give a little pop of color with the light pinky-purple shading.

Alternatively and completely off the tracks of my above thought process I was thinking of dying them purple and doing Volcano strass because I love that color too but wasn't sure about how much I might actually wear them... Ladies who have done Volcano, do you find you can wear it with a lot of your clothing?

Please help!!! :P

View attachment 1215183

View attachment 1215175

View attachment 1215184

View attachment 1215185

View attachment 1215179

I really think the Colorado Topaz or the Vitrail would look wonderful!

I am not certain about dying suede.....it is not recommended.

Hi ladies. Your DIY projects are amazing - just beautiful!

I was recently inspired by the stingray shoes in the Girl 6 collection and managed to score a great vintage pair. They are brown and I was hoping to have them dyed black since I very rarely wear brown. When I took them to the cobbler today, they said they won't dye the shoes because the dye will peel off. This wasn't specific to the stingray - they said that the dye will peel off the leather heels too. I had never heard this before. Do you think it would be feasible for me to dye these myself? I've seen successful DIY dying projects with other exotics but not stingray. Has anyone had experience with these? Would it be worth me trying to dye them? I've attached a photo for reference. Thanks so much for your help!

louboutinbrownstingraymule-1.jpg

To you ladies who glittered your shoes, how did you cope with all the glitter falling off? I used an aerosole sealer on the shoes, but the glitter is still falling off everywhere and I'm borderline about to sell the shoes (if I even can!) because I don't know what to do! :crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.