The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has exploded with super talented ladies!!!

I've done a few strass pairs myself but I've noticed there's a lot of new crystal colors out. Where are you getting your color cards? I have one from MJ trim that's a year or two old...

Cute! I admire your use of patterns. That's not my forte ;)
Hi Oaken, thank you - but guess what, I´m still practicing to strass closer together. Did a pair of pumps - BUT I can´t, I´m so scared to lose control. I mean I fear to use to much of one size on the shoe and not the same way on the other shoe, that freaks me out and the new pair wasn´t close at least - better, but not close :wacko: BUT, I think the sparkle is even better now.

Hi guys!! so my crystals came in yesterday, and as soon as I got home last night at around 11 I started! ... Im so scared lol ... first of all I didnt think it would take SO LONG i stopped at 1:30am and didnt even have the whole heel done.

So this is my problem, i dont know if im putting too much glue or what, but when you look close up I can see excess glue around the crystals. I dont want any spaces in mine, so I probably have to go back and fill in those tiny spots with 5ss but its still bugging me, do you think that means I am applying too much E600? I am putting a blob using a syrng, then flattening it out over a larger surface and applying the crystals. Maybe I shouldnt do that? I saw that from youtube videos.

Also, surprisingly, I like the larger crystals so much better, the way they look and pick up light!
Anyways heres an iphone pic of my progress, the other side of the heel you cant see in the picture is done ...
Hi it looks great ... can´t see any gaps. I have read that we should not use to much glue. When I have to use E6000 (hate it) I use a syringe and to a line but right after that, I take a toothpick (wooden) to spread it out a little, than place the crystals. Maybe this helps a little.

Hi it looks great ... can´t see any gaps. I have read that we should not use to much glue. When I have to use E6000 (hate it) I use a syringe and to a line but right after that, I take a toothpick (wooden) to spread it out a little, than place the crystals. Maybe this helps a little.

Okay good, becuase thast what I have been doing, I think i used too much. But yes i officialy have a new hatred for E6000.... its so stringy and dries so fast and lumpy boo

Happy 4th of July Ladies!

Just finished these red, white and blue strass (no, not FOR Independence Day, but it just happened to work out that way :P)

Hot pink YoYo painted red and strassed in Light Siam:
Siam1.jpg

Siam2.jpg

These were black satin that I painted metallic blue and strassed in Capri:
Capri3.jpg

Capri1.jpg

These ivory Hyper Prive were painted silver and strassed in Moonlight. The blue insole is the PERFECT pairing for the light blue iridescence that reflects off the special coating. I am in LOVE with this color. It's far more interesting and beautiful than clear crystal IMO:
Moonlight4.jpg
Moonlight3.jpg
Moonlight6.jpg

And finally, just a little red, white and blue festive fun. Thanks for letting me share ladies! :smile:
RedWhiteBlue.jpg

RedWhiteBlue3.jpg

Those are gorgeous!!!!

I did a pair of flats in jonquil & jonquil AB, over painted gold leather. They are gorgeous!!
^so pretty!

I strassed a small box-clutch to match my Cl´s ... and it has a little secret :smile::yahoo:
^it's beautiful! I see "me"

Hi guys!! so my crystals came in yesterday, and as soon as I got home last night at around 11 I started! ... Im so scared lol ... first of all I didnt think it would take SO LONG i stopped at 1:30am and didnt even have the whole heel done.
^looking great so far

So .... 1,728 crystals later, I ran out and completed 1 shoe! I totally under estimated how many I needed.... of the 1,728 theres probably 50-100 5ss left! Everything else is gone, literally to the last crystal! And thats not even a full shoe, the patent part of my shoe was only the heel and part of the top back portion of the shoe! My cell phone is dead right now and who knows where my camera is, so I will take a picture later.

I love them!!!! It came out so good! I mean, close up or under a microscope its obviously not perfect some excess glue, but for the most part there isnt really any gaps..

So now I have to order more!! I ordered & used:

2 gross- 9ss
2 gross- 10ss
2 gross- 12ss
3 gross- 5 ss
2 gross- 7 ss
1/2 gross- 16ss
1/2 gross- 20 ss

This thread is making Me want to straws my sorta scuffed up gold ballerinettes! I was having lunch with my mom today and showed her some of the gorgeous handiwork in this thread and she is amazed! I will practice on the heels of a pair of nude Jimmy Choo Lilacs one of my cats so lovingly decided to nibble on. She loves paper and receipts but she just had to treat herself to filet mignon! I will get to ordering sometime this week! I can't wait!

The ballerinettes were a fabulous consignment store find, along with the choos. The Loubies had tiny scuffs here and there but I wear them so much. The Choos were near perfect except for a spot where the stitching came out on the right heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.