The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
may i introduce miss lady peep strassed AB. she is my first project and i have to say :yahoo:
i:heart: her
IMG_1956.jpg

and here she is with her sisters. lady peep nude and gold spiker.

IMG_1959.jpg

thank you boriquanina and LouboutinNerd :hugs::drinkup:. you were so kind and hepled me alot on my frist project.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

great work! Volcano lady daf sounds amazinggg can't wait to see those!

may i introduce miss lady peep strassed AB. she is my first project and i have to say :yahoo:

thank you boriquanina and LouboutinNerd :hugs::drinkup:. you were so kind and hepled me alot on my frist project.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
^love to see all of those crystals shining like mad! great work on your first project.

:woot::faint:

:woot::woot::faint:

I LOVE them!!! What color stones did you use, and what was the base color of the shoe? Did you change it, I love that color of the stones :heart:

Can you ladies recommend something to do with the border of the shoe. To be more specific, I'm strassing from a black shoe to a crystal AB so I am changing the color of the heel tap from black to tan. I just realized that the very border of the shoe that separates the sole and the leather/upper will still be black. Has anyone had any success in changing it to the kind-of wood tone that light-colored strass shoes have? Or any other ideas?

TIA!

Can you ladies recommend something to do with the border of the shoe. To be more specific, I'm strassing from a black shoe to a crystal AB so I am changing the color of the heel tap from black to tan. I just realized that the very border of the shoe that separates the sole and the leather/upper will still be black. Has anyone had any success in changing it to the kind-of wood tone that light-colored strass shoes have? Or any other ideas?

TIA!

yep, I have. I just paint the trim the same color as the heel taps and then paint the rest of the shoe to match the stone I'm using. I've attached an example for you.

dirtyaddiction.jpg

It's tedious but definitely worth doing!

Last edited:
Thanks, dirty! What paint do you like to use for the border paint? I'm painting the shoe itself a light pearlescent pink for the AB. I've seen that some people paint the borders gold if they're going with aurum, for instance. I also thought about sanding those borders/edges. Any thoughts on that?

yep, I have. I just paint the trim the same color as the heel taps and then paint the rest of the shoe to match the stone I'm using. I've attached an example for you.

dirtyaddiction.jpg

It's tedious but definitely worth doing!

:woot::faint:

:woot::woot::faint:

I LOVE them!!! What color stones did you use, and what was the base color of the shoe? Did you change it, I love that color of the stones :heart:

Thank you guyz goglam, dianabanana12, starr_shenell, frick&frack... !!! I love your shoes too and learned a lot from this topic... I used size 16 9 8 and 5 AB crystal. You can order them from eBay or some websites. I painted the shoes to pale rose before strass. IRL they look more "white" and really sparkling...

I got many compliments when i went out with these babies last night. :roflmfao::graucho:...

Last edited:
Thanks, dirty! What paint do you like to use for the border paint? I'm painting the shoe itself a light pearlescent pink for the AB. I've seen that some people paint the borders gold if they're going with aurum, for instance. I also thought about sanding those borders/edges. Any thoughts on that?

i used lumiere. Was also thinking about sanding but ended up painting. Mix a bunch of colors together to get a light brownish/beige tone ;)

Hi ladies, I'm thinking about starting a strassing project and doing my research here...
I read that CL and the ladies who strassed before used Swarovski 2028 elements. While searching for Swarovski elements on the bay I found Swarovski elements 2058. Are these not the right crystals? What is the difference? Sorry if these are dumb questions... And thanks for your help! :smile:

Hi, I just bought these CL on Ebay for strassing. I orderd a new red sole-protector-pad already. Hopefully my clobber will be able to fix the heel. So I can´t wait the receive them and find out how things really look like

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180876056061?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Does anyone know the NAME ???

I think of painting them in violet or black and strassing them in volcano? What do you think would look good on these? I really appreciate our oppinion and I´m open for new ideas as well.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.