The new (but old) Diana bag

Just accepted delivery of the small Diana. Gorgeous bag, but I’m not as happy as I thought I’d be. I think it may be one of the many bags I love on other people.

View attachment 5337196View attachment 5337197
It’s a beautiful bag. I have it in Black, size small and I love it. The weight is nice and light and I can get in and out of it very easily. I don’t look as chic wearing it as most models or celebrities but I don’t care. It makes me happy and it suits my needs. @paper Tiger made an excellent suggestion, sleep on it and if it still appeals to you when you wake up, keep it. Best wishes.

Reactions: papertiger and 1LV
It’s a beautiful bag. I have it in Black, size small and I love it. The weight is nice and light and I can get in and out of it very easily. I don’t look as chic wearing it as most models or celebrities but I don’t care. It makes me happy and it suits my needs. @paper Tiger made an excellent suggestion, sleep on it and if it still appeals to you when you wake up, keep it. Best wishes.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: Cool Breeze
Thank you for your input @Cool Breeze. Perhaps I'll call my local boutique and see if they can identify the name for me. I can't seem to find it on any of the Canada/U.S. Gucci websites though I know it's from awhile ago and may have just been a runway piece and so not widely available.
It's from the Love Parade collection which is just about to be released. There is a limited preview online but the full collection hasn't been shared. I'm sure an SA could help figure out if this bag was put into production.

New color. (Gorgeous!). Photo credit to Gucci email I received. View attachment 5365709
I saw this bag in person and the color is so rich and intense. The leather band is a very warm and saturated yellow. I like the new straps that come with this colorway and I hope they release fabric straps for all of the Diana bags in the future. It really gives the option to make this bag more casual or to dress it up with the original leather strap or top handle.

I'm new so can't make new posts. Hopefully someone can answer this.

This year, they tweaked the design so that the handle shapers on the brown Diana are black (yay!) — but they've also replaced the all-leather strap on the small and medium with a cloth strap featuring the red and green stripes (boo!). The mini still has the all-leather strap.

Wondering if anyone knows if one could buy and/or order the all-leather strap from the store on purchase? Googling didn't show me anything but aftermarket stuff. I am torn between the small and medium, but I am really not a fan of the new strap.

I mean, I figured if I am spending ~$4k USD on a bag, I could theoretically get the store to help procure the strap I want...right?

Conversely, is it possible to still buy the old model from last season? I would be OK with the black/neon yellow combo with the all-leather strap.

(There are two used last season smalls in brown available in JP — but they have some visible wear/dents on the leather from the bamboo handles not being stored properly. I missed out on the one small black I could find online in Japan...and it was brand new ~$2100 USD due to great exchange rate ugh. I need to go look at stores in person, but this bag isn't really popular in brown/black here because flashier bags or white/tan/pink bags are more popular here.)

This year, they tweaked the design so that the handle shapers on the brown Diana are black (yay!) — but they've also replaced the all-leather strap on the small and medium with a cloth strap featuring the red and green stripes (boo!). The mini still has the all-leather strap.

Wondering if anyone knows if one could buy and/or order the all-leather strap from the store on purchase? Googling didn't show me anything but aftermarket stuff. I am torn between the small and medium, but I am really not a fan of the new strap.

I mean, I figured if I am spending ~$4k USD on a bag, I could theoretically get the store to help procure the strap I want...right?

Conversely, is it possible to still buy the old model from last season? I would be OK with the black/neon yellow combo with the all-leather strap.

(There are two used last season smalls in brown available in JP — but they have some visible wear/dents on the leather from the bamboo handles not being stored properly. I missed out on the one small black I could find online in Japan...and it was brand new ~$2100 USD due to great exchange rate ugh. I need to go look at stores in person, but this bag isn't really popular in brown/black here because flashier bags or white/tan/pink bags are more popular here.)

It has a leather strap too no?

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 12.41.57.png

They still come with the leather strap. You get both.