The National Anthem

Should The National Anthem be Sung In English Only ?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sanguar said:
^^Have you had gelato at Giolitti's in Rome?

I haven't been to Italy yet. I have a whole list of gelato shops on my list to try when I get to Rome. I want to learn Italian before I go to Italy. We're planning on renting a house there in summer of 2008, so I have a little while to learn.

Italy's gelato shops better watch out!

sparkle67 said:
Believe it or not alot of them DO pay taxes-- which is part of their argument for legalizing them- now

Can I see where you've seen this? I have not heard of this, and mainly heard of the cheap labor argument. Do you have a link to share? I'd like to read it. :amuse:

What does singing the national anthem in Spanish have to do with illegal immigration? My family are all legal immigrants and have been in this country for 43 years, and some of them don't know English very well. Should they not be able to sing the national anthem of the country which has become their home? They are American citizens, and are not only proud of the country from which they came, but also proud of the country which they live in now.

I don't agree with illegal immigration. But many legal immigrants who come to this country and lawfully become American citizens don't always immediately learn how to speak English. Let's not shun those people and lump them all into one "category".

I'm shocked at the amount of "yes" votes.

Like organic said, english wasn't the first language spoken here. America is called a melting pot of cultures-- and that's what is so amazing about living here. Spanish is quickly becomming a more dominant language, and that's neither good nor bad, it's just the case. Yes, english is our "official" langauge, but it doesn't define our country.

bleh.

Who CARES if it's sung in spanish?

also, as a side note, for those of us fortunate enough to be BORN here...

WHERE is your empathy for those born into countries with much worse situations??? I'd want the chance to start out somewhere new too.