The Mulberry I had and let go......

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Nearly a year ago I bought a beautiful choc Darwin Bays, in excellent condition (still looked new), but I couldn't get the style to work for me. I thought it was too elegant for a new mum who lived in jeans and tops, inevitably covered in baby food. So, I sold it. :Push:

Fast forward a few months and I fell in love with Linnea's fuchsia buffalo Bays, bought one for myself and haven't looked back. I love this style so much because it looks amazing but I can also fit all my stuff and all of Miss M's stuff inside without having to fish around for things. So, I proceeded to get an oak Bays and was on the lookout for a choc Darwin Bays (no NVT for me! lol). Seems like it took absolutely aaaaages to find one but eventually I did! :yahoo:

I got her for an excellent price, probably because she's got quite a big watermark on the interior base which shows through to the exterior base. I'm not bothered about this though because no doubt I'll fill the bag so full I won't see the mark on the inside and I certainly don't plan to carry it upside down so won't see the mark on the base!

She also needed quite a lot of TLC, namely numerous applications of leather cream as the leather was sooo dry. Here are some before pics:

Attachments

• Choc-Bays-before-2.gif
    Choc-Bays-before-2.gif
    178.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Choc-Bays-before-3.gif
    Choc-Bays-before-3.gif
    171 KB · Views: 74
  • Choc-Bays-before-1.gif
    Choc-Bays-before-1.gif
    164.9 KB · Views: 86
She cleaned up beautifully though and I'm really in love with this huge piece of calorie-free chocolate!

Attachments

• Choc-Bays-after-1.gif
    Choc-Bays-after-1.gif
    159 KB · Views: 84
  • Choc-Bays-after-3.gif
    Choc-Bays-after-3.gif
    135.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Choc-Bays-after-2.gif
    Choc-Bays-after-2.gif
    149.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Choc-Bays-after-4.gif
    Choc-Bays-after-4.gif
    135.9 KB · Views: 73
Thanks Jenova! I was a bit freaked out about how dry the leather was but that Clark's cream is pretty amazing stuff.

Bluecat, thank you! And hard work it was, all that buffing!

Thanks, tiree! It felt like it was taking forever to find the right one, but I guess my impatience finally paid off - she was a total impulse buy on ebay the other day!

mamab, Irish "summer" - HA! Today was lovely though, so oak Rosie had an outing. I have used my black Hayworth and choc Effie when the weather has been questionable. I'd rather use a darker coloured Mulberry than anything else!

cmaec, I use Clark's Premium leather cream. One tube costs £3.95 and it lasts forever - I treated 6 or 7 bags with just one tube!

What a transformation. Your Cinderella bag! She's gorgeous. Well done! I've recently discovered that I love the Bays after thinking I couldn't get on with the style for a couple of years. I love mine now and would like an oak or chocolate one at some point. I agree with you though. It has to be darwin.