The Most Incredible find in My Own Closet

MichelleinNYC

Feb 13, 2006
So I was cleaning out my closet this past weekend and came across a wallet I haven't used for some time. This wallet was a gift from a well-to-do aunt of mine who lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Anyway, I always admired the wallet because of it's uniqueness and quality but I just discovered now that it is a Balenciaga! I couldn't believe it! The wallet was given to me five years ago before I was "designer-inclined" for lack of a better word. I wasn't at the time familiar with the name "Balenciaga." Has anyone seen this wallet before? I wonder what it is worth.

I am trying to attach two pics of the wallet. It is my first time posting images. Please let me know if you are able to view.

Attachments

• Balenciaga1 copy.jpg
    Balenciaga1 copy.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Balenciaga2 copy.jpg
    Balenciaga2 copy.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 136
It looks like old school Balenciaga (before Nicholas Guesquire (sp))

Last summer there was a display of the tobacco heiress Doris Duke's clothes from the 30's to the 50's or 60's in her mansion i(which is now a museum) in Newport, Rhode Island. One of her favorite designers at the time was Balenciaga. I didn't get to see it but I really wanted to!

The wallet's very pretty

Thanks ladies. The funny thing is when I used to carry it around, I was pretty rough with it. Now that I know what a treasure it is, it will receive much more TLC. It is still in excellent condition, thank God!

Loganz, thanks for your help with the picture postings!