The Most Incredible find in My Own Closet

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So I was cleaning out my closet this past weekend and came across a wallet I haven't used for some time. This wallet was a gift from a well-to-do aunt of mine who lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Anyway, I always admired the wallet because of it's uniqueness and quality but I just discovered now that it is a Balenciaga! I couldn't believe it! The wallet was given to me five years ago before I was "designer-inclined" for lack of a better word. I wasn't at the time familiar with the name "Balenciaga." Has anyone seen this wallet before? I wonder what it is worth.

I am trying to attach two pics of the wallet. It is my first time posting images. Please let me know if you are able to view.

Balenciaga1 copy.jpg Balenciaga2 copy.jpg
  2. I can't see the pics. :oh:

3. Ooo I can't wait until you post the pictures, they're not showing up for now !

4. I can't see them either :sad:

5. I have never seen that wallet; it is so unique.

That is a fantastic find, you are very lucky. :biggrin:

6. It looks like old school Balenciaga (before Nicholas Guesquire (sp))

Last summer there was a display of the tobacco heiress Doris Duke's clothes from the 30's to the 50's or 60's in her mansion i(which is now a museum) in Newport, Rhode Island. One of her favorite designers at the time was Balenciaga. I didn't get to see it but I really wanted to!

The wallet's very pretty

7. wow lucky you! i love it. it's great to find treasures you didn't know you had!

8. Wow, what a find! It maybe a collectible :nuts:

9. Cute wallet.

10. Thanks ladies. The funny thing is when I used to carry it around, I was pretty rough with it. Now that I know what a treasure it is, it will receive much more TLC. It is still in excellent condition, thank God!

Loganz, thanks for your help with the picture postings!

11. It's a good thing you kept it and didn't give it away to goodwill or something:amazed: !

12. Nice. It's very 'classic' looking.

13. It looks great for a vintage! You should definitely keep it!

14. very nice!

15. Wow, a gem you didn't even realize you had!!! It's a beauty!!!