The Most Beautiful Bag Ever!

I think lilach was actually saying it is not nice of Bagsnob to post the pic without crediting the source :yes: I agree! :tup: No one likes to do work and not be given the credit.

thank you for clearing this up!

thimp ! i am very sorry for this misunderstanding. it was certainly not directed your way but to the owner of that website. not only as the name of createurs was not mention but moreso that the pictured bag is an aftermaked one and not direktly hermes encrusted
again sorry for the misunderstanding and welcome hope you enyjoy it here as we all do :smile:

Could someone explain "aftermarket diamonds" on a Birkin?!? Where are they? Are they glue-gunned on or set? Ans what does it do the intrinsic value of the bag?

Could someone explain "aftermarket diamonds" on a Birkin?!? Where are they? Are they glue-gunned on or set? Ans what does it do the intrinsic value of the bag?

well aftermarket means that the bag originally was delivered by hermès without the pavé. then it was added probably by an independent jeweler outside of hermès.

well the same technique is also done with watches and a lot of afficinados frown upont this practice. consequently the aftermarked pieces do not keep their value like an original product and in most cases the original manufacturer will deny any service on aftermaket treated pieces

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome! And lilach, thank you for your later reply. It is deeply appreciated. Before Purse forum, I knew very little, and only in passing, about the iconic Birkin. Thanks to all you lovely ladies (and gentlemen), I am learning more and more about it. It is a truly breathtakingly beautifull and classic bag. The more I know about her, the more determined I am to get her.:yes:

This color is sooo beautiful - I personally couldn't pull it off, though. Well, I should correct myself - I couldn't pull it off at this stage in my life but who knows...life is constantly moving and I can definitely see mine moving in a brighter, more exotic direction!

i love exotics in bright colors. i guess i collected WAY too many black bags before h, and now i'm in a stage where i am craving color. this orange one with diamonds is sooooo pretty. would brighten anyone's day.

Wow that is some bag.

It's totally surreal to me personally to think of casually (or even not so casually) being able to drop SIX figures on a bag, so it's really fun to imagine that even for just a few minutes! And what a beauty that bag is--or rather, the one with the Hermes-applied diamonds would be ;)

This color is sooo beautiful - I personally couldn't pull it off, though. Well, I should correct myself - I couldn't pull it off at this stage in my life but who knows...life is constantly moving and I can definitely see mine moving in a brighter, more exotic direction!

Lux - you're as bad as me.....never say never....;)

Personally, for me a croc will always be in a neutral sans diamonds....unless it's a Kelly like Starrs Braise!!!!!!!!!!!!!