The morning after....

I love red bags. I still carry the one in my avatar -- my first B -- regularly and it still gives me pleasure. Red bags are special, and your bag is extra special given how you acquired it. Keep it, use it, don't rush into selling it. As you mention, you got it at a savings so even if you sell it down the line, you may recoup what you paid.

Reactions: lilmonkey
Girl, keep that bag and wear the heck out of her! :biggrin:

Oddly enough I'm hunting this same bag except with GHW on my next trip to Paris in December for my birthday. I've wanted Rouge Casaque for years and ask for it every time I go to Paris.

On my last trip in November, I got your HG Gold B35 GHW but haven't used it a single time. Working from home I just haven't had an opportunity or the right outfit to wear her. It's easier for me to grab a Neverfull or Speedy when running errands. When I reach for a Birkin it's usually my first and HG Raisin or Blue Nuit. I just find them more versatile. Regardless, the Gold was on my list of must have colors and I'm actively buying outfits to complement her so that I'll use her soon. Hopefully!

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful and helpful responses! I've decided to keep and enjoy big red for now! She will be a festive addition to my wardrobe this holiday season. I even ordered two peacoats in camel and navy that I think will pair very well with jeans and sneakers for a casual yet polished look. I'm excited to see how they'll wear against a pop of color!

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.45.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.45.26 PM.png

I went through way too much effort acquiring her only to let her go this soon and it's not as if I can get a brand new gold B35 for the same price in the U.S. at the moment anyway.

I'll post action shots when I finally take her out for a proper spin.

Thanks again for all the lovely and constructive advice!

Last edited:
Girl, keep that bag and wear the heck out of her! :biggrin:

Oddly enough I'm hunting this same bag except with GHW on my next trip to Paris in December for my birthday. I've wanted Rouge Casaque for years and ask for it every time I go to Paris.

On my last trip in November, I got your HG Gold B35 GHW but haven't used it a single time. Working from home I just haven't had an opportunity or the right outfit to wear her. It's easier for me to grab a Neverfull or Speedy when running errands. When I reach for a Birkin it's usually my first and HG Raisin or Blue Nuit. I just find them more versatile. Regardless, the Gold was on my list of must have colors and I'm actively buying outfits to complement her so that I'll use her soon. Hopefully!

Hi scndlslv! I guess we are opposite bag twins! I'm surprised to hear that the gold is difficult to pair with outfits as I imagined the opposite. I'm sure she's absolutely luscious nonetheless.

I hope you find your RC in GHW on your next Paris trip!

Reactions: scndlslv
I feel like when you start second guessing a bag, there’s a high chance you’ll never truly love it. But it might grow on you so always give it a chance.

Bag aside, I’m sure you have plenty of memories and photos to celebrate your amazing trip with your daughter.

For me, a 10K bag doesn’t and won’t come by my life often. It’s got to fulfill its needs and blend into my life and wardrobe seamlessly (I don’t want to plan want I wear around my bag, it just has to naturally “go”).

I had a chance to buy a Blue Electrique (which I think is a magnificent color!) or a Barenia Fauve B30, and I went with the Fauve. Not because it’s a lesser beauty, but because it was well-rounded in my daily life as a work from home mom. I’ll save the BE for a small accessory or maybe a clutch or something else....

I think you have the freedom and upper hand to test drive this red b35 to the fullest (to make sure if you really love her...or not) since you bought it at EU price. If you choose to sell her, your chances of making all your money back is high even if you listed her as gently used. You’re in a much better position than if you had bought her in the US.

A beautiful colored bag is just a glamorized and idealized concept and does me no good if the bag is mostly boxed up. Just my 2 cents.

Excellent points, missD. Thank you!

Hi scndlslv! I guess we are opposite bag twins! I'm surprised to hear that the gold is difficult to pair with outfits as I imagined the opposite. I'm sure she's absolutely luscious nonetheless.

I hope you find your RC in GHW on your next Paris trip!

I have gold and I adore looking at it, but it is my least used bag. I also struggle with outfit combinations. Probably I just need to use it and push through it!!

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful and helpful responses! I've decided to keep and enjoy big red for now! She will be a festive addition to my wardrobe this holiday season. I even ordered two peacoats in camel and navy that I think will pair very well with jeans and sneakers for a casual yet polished look. I'm excited to see how they'll wear against a pop of color!

View attachment 4224066 View attachment 4224067

I went through way too much effort acquiring her only to let her go this soon and it's not as if I can get a brand new gold B35 for the same price in the U.S. at the moment anyway.

So glad to hear! I really enjoyed your Paris post, and pics. It's a gorgeous red, and looks so lovely in your modelling pic. Maybe just a matter of getting used to wearing red, as it looks quite at home on you, and really suits you! :heart:

Just read your post and could completely identify with your dilemma! It’s wonderful that in the end you managed to make it work for you and will be enjoying this stunning bag.

I was recently in Paris and asked for a few very specific options, the very last one of which was a B30 in Malachite in TOGO. None of my requested bags were available but I was offered a B30 in Togo in Vert Cypres. I even hesitated for a minute as it is very hard to to say no to any Birkin, and more so to one that is “almost” what you want. But... it was not Malachite and it was not PHW. So after deliberating for a couple of minutes I politely declined, which completely blew my SAs mind as she almost exclaimed “whoa, I NEVER had anyone declining a B30!” :huh: And when I called to tell my husband what happened, he also was amazed I didn’t take it.

But... I am (and was at the time) completely content with that decision. I already have a gold Kelly I bought on impulse (I didn’t want a gold Kelly) which I had for some 6 months and still have not taken her out of the box, so I know I don’t want another bag that is not on my *very inflexible* wish list. Now, this might mean that I will never get offered the exact combination that I want, but it’s ok... then it’s just not meant to be. But personally I can’t justify $$$$ on something that is not quite what I want.

I do hope you make your RC work for you and it doesn’t turn into what my Gold Kelly is atm - a closet bag.

Here is the photo of the poor declined VS B30 as an eye candy :smile:

Attachments

• 2C366BAA-6350-4002-A9F9-B0002EFB5E92.jpeg
    2C366BAA-6350-4002-A9F9-B0002EFB5E92.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

Hi lilmonkey,

Just want to tell you Im glad you are keeping it and share that I had recently chosen Black over Rose Poupre but would without hesitation choose RC over Black or Gold simply because Black and Gold will always be available for future purchases. This even when I already own a RC lindy and RC/rose jaipur double sen for years. This red is such a perfect red that I would happily add it again in a B, C or K.

Your Paris adventure was a thrilling read and that bag is absolutely a jewel. I have exactly one red bag and it comes out whenever I have a big event like a wedding, and when I am so tired of my neutrals (I am deplorably safe taste in bags). Don't sell in haste, regret at leisure. (And yeah, I think DD will be enthralled by the Hunt for Red Birkin when she is old enough to start sliding down the H slope).

Just for fun:

Do you think big red would pair well with a mm blue lagoon rodeo? The tail is blue izmir and the saddle is bougainvillea. ☺️
Congrats on such a beautiful bag, I loved reading your adventure in Paris! That rodeo is adorable and so fun! I think it’d go very well with big red. Now, where are those peacoats from if you don’t mind me asking ?
View attachment 4224947
View attachment 4224955

I’m much more at peace with my decision to enjoy big red, thanks to the wonderful input on this forum! Someone suggested getting outfits to match. I didn’t Quite get an outfit, but I did get an accessory to go with the palladium hardware.

View attachment 4227401

Move over, diaper bag! Mama is in a MOOD! :hbeat:

Beautiful!!! I also enjoyed reading about your adventures in Paris and am glad to hear you’re keeping the bag.