~The Montaigne Club~

I have been lustfully eyeing the Montaigne MM in empreinte for a couple of months. I frequently visit the beauty on the LV website. Today, I found that on the U.S. website, the MM size in empreinte is no longer available. I am rather disappointed. Does anyone have any intel as to whether LV is discontinuing this bag? The BB is too small for me and I definitely don't want the GM size.

Montaigne MM in emp leather is available on Canadian website right now. It’s “place in cart” for Noir color. If it doesn’t show up, search Montaigne BB, click on emp version and then change size to Montaigne MM. it will show up.

View attachment 4211040

What about the brittany? It wa salso on your mind..I like it a lot as I can close it more compared to my montaigne bags..but still I like my montaignes too and I 'm used to the opening.
Hi Sandra, I think the Brittany is gorgeous. The reason I didn't go with it is because the middle zipped pocket is actually smaller than the Montaigne bb zipped pocket. I realised that right now, I need the security of a zipper. I do also really like this style bag and maybe I'll add one to my collection next time, maybe by the end of the year. I still love the shape and structure.

Montaigne MM in emp leather is available on Canadian website right now. It’s “place in cart” for Noir color. If it doesn’t show up, search Montaigne BB, click on emp version and then change size to Montaigne MM. it will show up.

View attachment 4211040
Thanks so much for the tip. I did find the Montaigne MM in empreinte today on the U.S. website. There is a bug in the website because if I search on the website using "montaigne mm" in the search key, three canvas montaigne bags appear, but none in empreinte. If I search with "montaiagne empreinte" in the search key, there are no results. However, if I select "Women" at the top of the website, and then "All Handbags," it shows all handbags. Using the filter, I can select the empreinte material, which, FINALLY, shows the Montaigne MM bag in empreinte in many colors. It's a lot of work to find a handbag on the website that is still in production!

I am really admiring the Montaigne MM in empreinte. I have watched several unboxing and review videos on the bag on Youtube. Do any of you lovely ladies who have this bag have any issues with the handles always flopping to the inside of the bag? As the handles are mounted on the inside of the bag, I am wondering if I will get tired of always re-positioning the handles every time I need to either remove or replace my wallet or other items in the bag. The bag is gorgeous, but when I am busy, my patience with little, recurring annoyances is limited. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I am really admiring the Montaigne MM in empreinte. I have watched several unboxing and review videos on the bag on Youtube. Do any of you lovely ladies who have this bag have any issues with the handles always flopping to the inside of the bag? As the handles are mounted on the inside of the bag, I am wondering if I will get tired of always re-positioning the handles every time I need to either remove or replace my wallet or other items in the bag. The bag is gorgeous, but when I am busy, my patience with little, recurring annoyances is limited. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Because the shoulder strap is attached on the inside of the handles, the handles won't fold inside the bag - at least it works this way with my montaigne.
If you use the mini-belt that comes with the bag to clip the handles together, it is sometimes complicated and irritating to either work your way inside the bag or always unbuckle und buckle the mini belt if you have to get in and out often. If I have loaded my bag then sometimes it reminds me of playing tetris. As I got used to it and found my strategy it is ok and doesn't irritate me that much anymore. But if you don't use this mini-belt it is very easy to get in and out of the bag.

Because the shoulder strap is attached on the inside of the handles, the handles won't fold inside the bag - at least it works this way with my montaigne.
If you use the mini-belt that comes with the bag to clip the handles together, it is sometimes complicated and irritating to either work your way inside the bag or always unbuckle und buckle the mini belt if you have to get in and out often. If I have loaded my bag then sometimes it reminds me of playing tetris. As I got used to it and found my strategy it is ok and doesn't irritate me that much anymore. But if you don't use this mini-belt it is very easy to get in and out of the bag.
Thanks so much for your very useful input!

Did you choose to keep your noir?

Do you like the MM size?
For me, though they would be different in size, I wouldn't buy the same bags with the same pattern. They would be too similar for me. I could justify to have the bag in different colors and patterns. Especially the montaigne looks in canvas so different than in emp.
But that's just me. I don't like to have too many bags because I know myself that I hate it if I don't use them much. And there are so much more bags on my wishlist [emoji85]

Therefore I would sell the mm and buy the bb if you prefer the smaller one.

Last edited:
I think I got addicted to montaigne haha..I already have 3 ( bb freesia, mm noir and canvas mm) of them and the brittany magnolia and I'm thinking of adding another one... I'm sooo crazy hahahhaa I really want to have the canvas bb haha .. Can this be justified because it is crossbody?
If you know you will use it then why not... There are many on this forum with multiple in speedy, Alma, Neverfull etc... Yours happen to be the Montaigne... So buy what makes you happy.

Reactions: Sandra.AT and Rani
I think I got addicted to montaigne haha..I already have 3 ( bb freesia, mm noir and canvas mm) of them and the brittany magnolia and I'm thinking of adding another one... I'm sooo crazy hahahhaa I really want to have the canvas bb haha .. Can this be justified because it is crossbody?
You know the style works for you and you love mono so you can't go wrong. I'm tempted by the mono bb too now that I already have another empreinte noir bag.

Reactions: Sandra.AT