The MLB 2009 Thread!

nooch

Judge Roughneck
Apr 25, 2008
(I didn't see one, so is there is another please merge!)

Baseball is back! Who is your team? Are you playing fantasy? Who are your playoff picks? Are you as completely psyched as I am?

I'm a lifelong Yankee fan (and completely NOT bothered by their opening day loss, half the teams in baseball lost!) and I was going to play fantasy this year but a bunch of people backed out so I am backseat driving my husband's team :biggrin:

I am a big waffler as far as the AL East goes (yanks, sox, and rays are probably all going to win 90+ and finish within three games of each other) but I have the Twins in the Central, the Angels (duh) in the West and my NL picks are Mets, Cubs, and D-backs (if they can not crap out Mets-style this year!)

Enjoy the season ladies!!!

:yahoo:Whooooooooooooo! Baseball is Back ! Go Yankees !!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

okay sorry I will calm down :nuts: I am just so excited that baseball is back ! I can barely contain myself !

so nice to have to fellow Yankees fans in here !

Lols, all the people who hopped on board the late 90s bandwagon are gone now and tbh I like it better that way!

The closing of the old stadium, the opening of the new stadium, and some comments made recently (along with living so far from NY now) have made me think a lot about the disconnect I feel from them more recently as opposed to when they valued their farm system more and the idea of clutch, non-flashy baseball more but I still love them.

:yahoo:my local team is STL Cardinals, but I'm a die hard fan of the Chicago Cubs!!! I'm going to the Cardinals game tomorrow, so lets see how that goes!:popcorn: I have season tickets and of course bought every ticket for the Cubs vs Cards game! :yahoo: