The mini ... should I keep it?

Hi guys,

Im just about to purchase my first chanel mini rectangular in black quilted lambskin shw preloved. The seller has provided me with photos of receipt and authenticity card but I just can't seem to find online any details about the code starting with 29xxxxxx.

It was purchased from store this December.

Any info about the newest date codes?
I just bought my black mini lambskin last Friday direct from the Chanel store on 6th dec (it just got into the Chanel store on 5th dec). The code starts with 29. :smile:

Hi guys,

Im just about to purchase my first chanel mini rectangular in black quilted lambskin shw preloved. The seller has provided me with photos of receipt and authenticity card but I just can't seem to find online any details about the code starting with 29xxxxxx.

It is 29xxxxxx now if the seller bought this month. I just bought a mini last week but in patent.

After debating with myself for months, I decided to go and get a medium flap. Went into the local store yesterday.... and guess what just arrived? A lambskin black SHW mini rectangular which was super pretty! So went home with her.

Should I keep it? Buy a medium flap anyway? Or return it for the medium? For those of you who have both, what uses have you gotten for each?

Chanel bags are only going to get expensive that my instinct is to keep this and use it. Sooooo confusing you guys!

Thanks for input!
Was the medium flap this season special color? If not, u can try to save up and get the medium flap in a few months as we just had a price increase so won’t be increase anytime soon. Definitely keep the mini it is hard to come by.

Reactions: Lilleput
I have both but only purchased my black Mini a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it yet. My medium black lambskin flap is several years old and far softer than my new Mini. I'm so glad I have this bag, it doesn't get much use, special occasions and going out mainly. It's still more or less as new. I much prefer lambskin to Caviar, the feel and lustre is just TDF and what Chanel is all about for me ❤️ Im sure the finish of lambskin has been changed in the last few years to make it more durable. This suits me as my Mini will get used regularly and when worn x body it does need to be a little more durable. It feels different, yet still lovely, soft and puffy with a bit more sheen to it.

I feel they are similiar bags but I use them for different purposes. I'd say if you main use will be popping it into another larger bag the Mini will be ideal especially if you use a hands free style mostly. It's comfortably worn x body, and you can either shorten the chain (with a hook inside) or double it for shoulder use. The chain on the Medium Flap is far shorter and can't be worn x- body.

I don't find the Medium as versatile and if I had to move one on in the future it would be the Medium as I can't wear it x body. The Mini also fits everything I need to carry light, small purse, phone, lippy, sunglasses and it's actually easier to get into than a double flap of the medium, really I guess the Medium is superfluous for me as I could use the Mini for everything I use the Medium for but not vice versa ........ but it's not a decision I'll make just yet :panic:

I've been told and heard so often the black Minis are difficult to get hold off so if this is the bag you would get most use out of right now I'd keep it. In the future if you feel you still want a larger one as well, the medium is from the Classic range and available every year, or you can always keep a look out for a "pre loved" and definitely keep the kidney!! ;)

One other thing to consider is maybe buying the Jumbo rather than the medium in the future. There is a bigger contrast in size between the Mini and the Jumbo and it doesn't cost that much more than the medium. I find it's more versatile as it fits considerably more and can be worn x body if necessary. If I was only allowed two Chanel bags :graucho: it would be Mini and Jumbo size

Last edited:
Reactions: chubbyshopper
I have classic med flap and adore it perfect for everyday as well as out at night. I tried on mini and it can be adjusted to wear cross body or shoulder, and it carries a good amount of items(wallet, keys,phone, lipstick - but THATS IT) but I think(my opinion) is that a mini looks great in a color cause its (again my opinion) more of a "fun" bag where the med flap is classic. So if you could afford both keep the mini, but if you had your heart set on med, I would go med. But again just my opinion - YOU have to wear it.

Ooooh, a pop of colour in mini would be awesome I reckon that would be my 3rd chanel! :biggrin:

Hi guys,

Yes it is 29xxxxxx.

If you had both bags in your collection right now, which one would you use today? Or tomorrow? When I find myself overthinking about bag purchases or keep/return decisions, I just refocus on what serves my needs right now. Both your choices are classic and perennial so I think you won’t go wrong with either choice, just what suits your particular needs and style better. Good luck!

I love your advice. What you are saying does sound sensible!!

Hmmm... I will probably grab the mini, to be honest. Just because I will likely be running off to grab coffee or do an errand to the shops or drop something on the way to work. I am thinking the mini will be good for that. And if I have to bring more, I might just use the Cambon or my longchamp tote which are both really lightweight and carefree.

BUT, having not owned a medium, I don't know if the medium will be equally good for those errands as well with the advantage of being more formal when needed??

Was the medium flap this season special color? If not, u can try to save up and get the medium flap in a few months as we just had a price increase so won’t be increase anytime soon. Definitely keep the mini it is hard to come by.

Hi apple225 - no, it was in black caviar leather. I know caviar is so popular, but it just didn't really draw me in. I guess I am not really a caviar kind of girl, you know. So if I return the mini, I will wait for when the medium comes in lambskin.

Thanks Mulberrygal!

I prefer the lambskin too, I just can't somehow fall in love with caviar. The lambskin in this mini feels sturdy, but soft. Pretty but tough.. totally agree with you there - very Chanel. This is my opinion of course.

You may have hit the nail on the head - I do want that hands-free sort of option. I am busy and always seem to be on the run. And if i am not at work, I am in the shops! :biggrin:. So something easy to use is probably ideal. You know what, the SA in my local store told me they actually had a waiting list for the mini in black. They messaged those on the list for when the bag comes in and whoever arrives first gets it. I wasn't even on the list, it just so happened I was there when it arrived.

Goodness me, decisions! I just feel if I return it, I would regret it. But if I don't get a medium, I will still want it.

I have both but only purchased my black Mini a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it yet. My medium black lambskin flap is several years old and far softer than my new Mini. I'm so glad I have this bag, it doesn't get much use, special occasions and going out mainly. It's still more or less as new. I much prefer lambskin to Caviar, the feel and lustre is just TDF and what Chanel is all about for me ❤️ Im sure the finish of lambskin has been changed in the last few years to make it more durable. This suits me as my Mini will get used regularly and when worn x body it does need to be a little more durable. It feels different, yet still lovely, soft and puffy with a bit more sheen to it.

I feel they are similiar bags but I use them for different purposes. I'd say if you main use will be popping it into another larger bag the Mini will be ideal especially if you use a hands free style mostly. It's comfortably worn x body, and you can either shorten the chain (with a hook inside) or double it for shoulder use. The chain on the Medium Flap is far shorter and can't be worn x- body.

I don't find the Medium as versatile and if I had to move one on in the future it would be the Medium as I can't wear it x body. The Mini also fits everything I need to carry light, small purse, phone, lippy, sunglasses and it's actually easier to get into than a double flap of the medium, really I guess the Medium is superfluous for me as I could use the Mini for everything I use the Medium for but not vice versa ........ but it's not a decision I'll make just yet :panic:

I've been told and heard so often the black Minis are difficult to get hold off so if this is the bag you would get most use out of right now I'd keep it. In the future if you feel you still want a larger one as well, the medium is from the Classic range and available every year, or you can always keep a look out for a "pre loved" and definitely keep the kidney!! ;)

One other thing to consider is maybe buying the Jumbo rather than the medium in the future. There is a bigger contrast in size between the Mini and the Jumbo and it doesn't cost that much more than the medium. I find it's more versatile as it fits considerably more and can be worn x body if necessary. If I was only allowed two Chanel bags :graucho: it would be Mini and Jumbo size

keep the mini as you will eventually get the medium anyways ;)
also , if you switch for a medium, you will prob end up searching for mini eventually!! If you know you can use the mini now, right away....then keep it and use it :smile:))

Reactions: zazaincalifornia
I take back what I said! After spending a day in the shops (doing panic Christmas shopping obvs), I absolutely luuuuuv the mini. I have apologised to my bag for ever doubting - she knows I am keeping her :biggrin:

Carries all my essentials (except the cosmetic pouch), but when I am out on errands and shopping , I don’t really need my makeup though. The mini can still carry 2 lipsticks and small lip balm (the dior lip maximiser actually works great as lip balm). Anyway, will I get medium? Probably. Or jumbo for when I really need more - maybe. Or maybe the deauville tote I have been oogling. But I am not in a hurry. Just bought rolex watch and this chanel - so I am off to ban island!!

Thanks guys for listening to my first world problem :biggrin:

I take back what I said! After spending a day in the shops (doing panic Christmas shopping obvs), I absolutely luuuuuv the mini. I have apologised to my bag for ever doubting - she knows I am keeping her :biggrin:

Carries all my essentials (except the cosmetic pouch), but when I am out on errands and shopping , I don’t really need my makeup though. The mini can still carry 2 lipsticks and small lip balm (the dior lip maximiser actually works great as lip balm). Anyway, will I get medium? Probably. Or jumbo for when I really need more - maybe. Or maybe the deauville tote I have been oogling. But I am not in a hurry. Just bought rolex watch and this chanel - so I am off to ban island!!

Thanks guys for listening to my first world problem :biggrin:
So glad you like mini. Great review cause I was thinking about mini vs small flap, I think I may join you on nan island- cause I did damage at Chanel and bvgari ‍♀️

Reactions: zazaincalifornia