The mini pouch- are they being made crooked?

Emgee2016

Apr 30, 2016
Hey guys- I just received my pouch 20 in the cipria intrecciato style. I looked at the sides where the leather is folded together and it looks off- one side is more inverted than the other. As a result, it makes my pouch look like one side is more angled than the other - see pics attached.

I first saw this pouch at a Bloomingdales and I saw the same issue so I didn’t buy it. I then ordered it online from a different store and am seeing the same flaws.

Is this normal? Do any of you have mini pouches that look like this? Should I return it and keep searching for a perfectly shaped pouch?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: crazyshopper7
So sorry about this problem in your new bag. Mine arrives on Thursday, and if it looks like this, I'll be returning it. The ones I saw in the boutique last fall didn't have this flaw at all. They were even. Wonder if with the popularity they are trying to make them so fast that quality is sacrificed, and flaws like this happen. With how overpriced they are, they need to be close to perfect, IMO. Good luck deciding to keep or return.

So sorry about this problem in your new bag. Mine arrives on Thursday, and if it looks like this, I'll be returning it. The ones I saw in the boutique last fall didn't have this flaw at all. They were even. Wonder if with the popularity they are trying to make them so fast that quality is sacrificed, and flaws like this happen. With how overpriced they are, they need to be close to perfect, IMO. Good luck deciding to keep or return.
Please keep me posted and share pics on Thursday ! I’d love to know if they are all coming out like this.

I called Bottega and asked them about it and they said each is handmade so the different shape is what makes them “special” - the associate said some have even more exaggerated unevenness. I think you are right, though. I think the demand is so high that they are speeding through the process to churn out these bags.

I was just checking out preowned on Fashionphile and it’s clearly an issue with a few of the bags they have.

Yikes! :-s I'd love to know when each of those was made, to see if the few even-sided ones were made earlier - before they got as popular as they are now. This doesn't make me hopeful for the Pouch 20 arriving in a couple days. At least my Nodini arrives the next day.

Yikes! :-s I'd love to know when each of those was made, to see if the few even-sided ones were made earlier - before they got as popular as they are now. This doesn't make me hopeful for the Pouch 20 arriving in a couple days. At least my Nodini arrives the next day.
Hopefully you can send it right back if it’s to your liking. Can’t wait to see your Nodini shots, it’s such a great little bag I have one, it goes to all the concerts and many parties.