The Mindful BE Ladies Club

The fact that the LM midi chocolate turned to the LM midi wine will help me be mindful. I really wanted a chocolate one and I am bummed that it is going to be wine but it will help me to be mindful. I also asked Jackie if the TME midi would be available in the chocolate b/c I heard that it would be but she said only the TME not the midi. So I am bummed out today but I guess I can wait another year for it.

I am being mindful! Although the chocolate bag would have been a bday present form hubby to me.

I'm still checking in here...part of me REALLY wants to put a deposit on the wine midi but knowing that she is planning on offering this bag for 09 is making me think I should wait. I'm just worried that she might change her mind and then I'll end up missing out when a bespoke order moved forward.

Man, this mindful stuff is HARD! No wonder monks live in a secluded place...need to stay away from temptation!

This is interesting...as mindful as we try to be...we are busy coming up with strategies to justify another purchase. Hey! I'm just keeping us ladies honest! Either you're on the wagon or you're off the wagon! There's no such thing as a little bit...pregnant.

SO. Take a deep breath and repeat after me. "There will always be bags. Bags and more bags. I can like a bag, but that doesn't mean I have to buy it. I can like it just by looking at it. I can like it on someone else. I have enough bags."

Is it working?

I'm still checking in here...part of me REALLY wants to put a deposit on the wine midi but knowing that she is planning on offering this bag for 09 is making me think I should wait. I'm just worried that she might change her mind and then I'll end up missing out when a bespoke order moved forward.
quote]
Ditto on this....I do not want to miss out on this color if this is the color I think it is. I have made up my mind to wait on a Navy for sure from RM, so this maybe my last purchase for BE this year since I am not sure about the HUGE metallic selection for fall. Purple crash is still my fav!:yahoo:

I'm on the wagon...really...Took the Love Me Mini out today and think it's great and will serve the needs that my LM won't (and my sexy IM...which I still think is a hot bag, but not always "kiddo place" appropriate).

I'm actually thinking of downsizing my entire collection - I only fear that if I sell something, I'm going to try to buy the sold object back!

This is interesting...as mindful as we try to be...we are busy coming up with strategies to justify another purchase. Hey! I'm just keeping us ladies honest! Either you're on the wagon or you're off the wagon! There's no such thing as a little bit...pregnant.

SO. Take a deep breath and repeat after me. "There will always be bags. Bags and more bags. I can like a bag, but that doesn't mean I have to buy it. I can like it just by looking at it. I can like it on someone else. I have enough bags."

Is it working?
yes, it's working *kicks rock to the curb*

Ok, MOM... yes, we needed the reality check. Here's mine.

I don't have a lot of bags--2 BE, 5 Coach, 1 LV(that I never carry for some odd reason) a Tylie Malibu, a Cole Haan...and a few no-name bags for my knock-around days.

The truth is...it's plenty. I know it is. I guess part of me is so excited about FINALLY finding that 'aha' bag that now I'm in a panic to get another one.

I think, "what if something happens to mine!" and other silly ways of justifying it. I will be mindful and think this through. I know that I have more than enough for my lifestyle.

Reality check over. Time to get kids to bed.:tender:

For me, being mindful is paying attention to my finances and what I am spending and NOT getting caught up in anything, and taking my time..

I am so on board for the LM midi in fuschia, but, even when someone wanted to bump it up time-wise, I had to resist and reiterate that I just can't do it until 4 months from now or so.

I only have the one LM coming my way, but I got caught up in the fall line and had to take a step (or 5 running leaps!) back from temptation.

Now I realize that a bag that I long for (not just spur of the moment lust LOL!) is available in a better time frame (4 months will feel like forever, that is going to take some patience).

Tejas, I'm spying on you on the Money Talks forum - DON'T DO IT!!!
:nogood::P

Hehe..I love that! :nuts:

I have to agree that being mindful..for me..isn't about not buying anything for a certain period of time; it's about being deliberate and really thinking through my purchases, and part of that process is that 'back and forth' struggle between 'I love it and want it' and 'is it really the best thing at this time?'

That's why I love the money talks threads because they offer such great perspective, KWIM? We don't have any debt but it still helps me focus on how to best use the funds we have and enjoy the things we have. And I also know that it's easy to get caught up having too much stuff, only to feel suffocated by it later.

Also, the eBay treadmill is a real bummer. I had a period where I couldn't find what I wanted or purchased without really thinking things through and ended up on the buy/sell or return cycle, and I hated it. I DO NOT want to do that again. It's very stressful for me.

I really love this thread and the ones like it in money talks...it really helps clarify what you're experiencing and helping you work through it. Thanks to all the ladies here who allow me to think out loud.:heart:

^^I'm in a similar situation. We are debt-free, but it's more a conscious choice to really think about what we need vs. what we want. I was very impressed with this:
http://www.storyofstuff.com/

Can you imagine that only 10% of the things you purchase now will be utilized in 6 months? I find the whole science of accumulation fascinating - we humans have an amazing capacity to "want" far above our needs. And while I am very interested in freecycle and donating, I seriously question why I purchase in the first place, when I have such a bevy of things that I adore right in front of me!

Well, I'm happy to say...the more I see pix of the Fall 08 line -- and the bags are gorgeous--the happier I am with my current BE collection. In fact, the bag I like most in the Fall 08 line is the Clutch Me in exciting new colors...

I am just falling more in love with what I have: my classic Choco Stroke Me, the great Black Crash Love Me, the Tan Hold Me, my white Clutch Me...

Ladies -- I have been watching Oprah, all about buying stuff you don't need, living ecologically and mindfully, people living with clutter. Besides paying for my kids' college, my priority is to save my money for travel. So, no more lattes, no more shopping for entertainment and buying because something's on sale. Mindful buying is my modus operandi.

Yikes! Tropical Gal, I love what you said above, "There will always be bags..." ... but ... the Stroke Me is being discontinued! (actually, I didn't like it until I saw it modeled on everyone here - wow, NICE! You all look soooo good with it!) What is saving me is the fact that we are moving in a few weeks, so no mailing address for about a month. (well, not so much, since we are dealing with Jackie and she would probably save me one and mail it later - isn't it nice that we found these lovely bags AND a wonderful company/designer?) Ah, this isn't helping. I need to go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading again :shame:

^^^Sisu -- I still think you never "miss out" on a bag...because Jackie and others will come up with bags you crave just as much. Also, Jackie knows that Stroke Me is a winning style. She is retiring it for awhile, and I'm sure she'll bring it back.
That said: handbags really do date, unless you get the classic Chanel flap. When I watch the reruns of Sex and the City, their handbags look so dated! Same with Six Feet Under or any series. So...will you even want a Stroke Me in the future? That's hard to say.
What I am sure of is: there will be another bag you crave just as much as the Stroke Me. That's the nature of desire.