The Mindful BE Ladies Club

Sara, I lived in London for several years and it's one of the most expensive places there is to live, so I know what you mean! We never had any money spare there (quite the opposite in fact!)

ITA. i was all about to put down a deposit for a choc crash WTM but it's not in my budget in the slightest. £90 is a LOT of money to be. i typically have to stretch £90 over an entire month as my whole spending budget for food, transportation and misc expenses. so to drop it on a bag deposit just seems irresponsible and reckless.

hopefully in the fall i can afford something. plus the initial 'gotta have it gotta have it' has passed

I'm a Londoner, born and bred....and it has gone totally off the scale, when it comes to the cost, and standard of living, so I totally know where you're coming from honey!! That's why I now live in the Netherlands!! LOL!! :woohoo:

I've found that quite a few ladies who like Mulberry also like BE, which is interesting!! :yes:

This is sad but when I travel, I always pop into the Mulberry store at the airport, to see if they'll knock off any more tax....wishful thinking....:nogood:

I do find that some of the leather is comparable though, which is fab for BE, as it's up there with the big dogs! :yes:

I am a BE owner and a Mulberry fan too! I have several Mulberrys. (Bayswater, Antony, Roxy.)

Re being mindful: I've said it before in other threads. There are bags and there are bags. The bags won't go away. There will always be a bag you want. Don't worry about rushing in. And if you "miss out" on one...guess what...the next season will come around and you'll find one you love even more!

I think it has to do with the issue of desire. Desire is insatiable! And that gets exhausting! Always wanting the newest...always wanting what you don't have. I am really concentrating on what I do have and using and loving it.

I do like the Fall 08 BE bags...but I can only buy on sale, because I have one son about to go to college ($43,000 tuition) and a daughter following in two years. Now that's a reality check! My moment has come to get through these next 6 years. I've saved for their colleges, but not to the tune of $200,000 per child! Scholarships are helping me get through this, but still. Lean times. So any handbags I do buy...must be bought on sale.

I will gladly buy any used BE's and sale BE's. In the meantime, I'm loving my Choco Stroke Me, Matte White Clutch Me, Tan Hold Me, Black Crash Love Me.

All this talk about Mulberry's is making me want a Bayswater. I've always admired them but haven't actually gotten involved in their forum lucky for my wallet. I thought this was supposed to help with not buying! lol j/k

I was anxious to make a deposit for fall but now I'm waiting. I'm sure they'll be bags left as always and if not there is always the bespoke. Plus I want to see the bags on people first. And there is the sale before then! Maybe I'll find something on sale to satiate myself enough to skip fall :graucho:

We're not very good at this 'being mindful' business, are we??!!

But we shall try!!!!

I hear what you're saying TropicalGal - I have a 10 year old son and as soon as he was born, we opened an account for him and have been stuffing any excess cash into it since then.

In my day, rent plus fees plus some living expenses were paid for by local government when you went to university - not any more, and most students leave with a massive student loan which they then have to pay off over a period of time when they start work (admittedly at good rates).

However, it's an expensive business and I am really shocked at those college fees you mentioned!

You've got some fantastic bags though already!!!

count me in!! This thread will partially serve as a bag ban, but I am not totally banned. I always get really excited whenever I see a new bag that I just want to spend spend spend!

^It's frugality for me too! I love BE because it's such high quality and it satisfies me more then buying 2 or 3 more bags for the same price would. BE seems to round out my collection nicely with high quality pieces.

I was anxious to make a deposit for fall but now I'm waiting. I'm sure they'll be bags left as always and if not there is always the bespoke. Plus I want to see the bags on people first. And there is the sale before then! Maybe I'll find something on sale to satiate myself enough to skip fall :graucho:

I am in this same exact position. I kept hearing that I needed to hurry and order to get what I wanted and avoid disappointment and got all caught up in the excitment. But then I took a step back. Jackie has to have stock on hand to sell so surly there will be bags in the fall to buy. Look at the bags now. None of us pre ordered any of the current bags and there have been plenty for us. So I may order one now (b/c I know I really want it) but I am going to wait on the others. I want to see modeling pics first.

I think that 'less is more' works well for me. You know, it's funny but when I was in the hospital about ready to give birth to my twins, I was so grateful for this one basket I had filled with magazines, journals, wordfinds, etc. I was so grateful for that one basket, and I still am reminded by the fact that we sometimes love things more when other things don't clutter the way and crowd them out.

Have you ever been shopping in Mexico? You'll go through these amazing stores and there are rows and rows of pottery--shiny, all sizes as far as the eye can see. But you don't realize how beautiful the one you purchased is until you get it out of the store and standing on its own.

I think my handbags are the same way. When I have a few that I love, I enjoy them so much. However, when I get too many in my closet, the ones I love don't get appreciated.

BTW, I'm also taking this approach with things in my house. Lately, I've been making regular trips to Goodwill, clearing out stuff kids have grown out of, etc., and it has been really great.

I think that 'less is more' works well for me. You know, it's funny but when I was in the hospital about ready to give birth to my twins, I was so grateful for this one basket I had filled with magazines, journals, wordfinds, etc. I was so grateful for that one basket, and I still am reminded by the fact that we sometimes love things more when other things don't clutter the way and crowd them out.

Have you ever been shopping in Mexico? You'll go through these amazing stores and there are rows and rows of pottery--shiny, all sizes as far as the eye can see. But you don't realize how beautiful the one you purchased is until you get it out of the store and standing on its own.

I think my handbags are the same way. When I have a few that I love, I enjoy them so much. However, when I get too many in my closet, the ones I love don't get appreciated.

BTW, I'm also taking this approach with things in my house. Lately, I've been making regular trips to Goodwill, clearing out stuff kids have grown out of, etc., and it has been really great.

This is a lovely post, TejasMama :yes:....

Yes, the accumulation of "things" is what got me started on the whole (BE) bag evaluation. One out, one in (just don't ask me what my starting number [of bags] is!)....