The Mindful BE Ladies Club

I'm a terrible traveller!! I get all angsty!!

If I could just press a magic button to take me to my destination, I'd be happy!

Or maybe, if I had some nice new luggage .......!!!! :graucho:

Whoops!!! Must be mindful, must be mindful ....... :lol:

Do the Bewitched "twitch" or I Dream of Jeanie "nod"!!!

Or....just start dating James Bond!!!!

Hmmmmm......Mindful....yes, my "mind has been full" lately of me wanting more BE!!! :yes:

I could do the Bewitched "twitch" and then magic up James Bond (but which one??) and then go travelling!

Maybe a different one for each travelling adventure!! :graucho: :shame:

As for being mindful, I'm a fine one to talk!

Somehow, I seem to have ordered an Angel Purse in Pewter Crash, and I was being soooo good!!! :angel:

I need help people ....!!!!!!

IMO Material goods are irrelevant! It's about what you already have that makes you content, in terms of loved ones, friends, and your health! All too often we take things for granted, it's not until you see and face adversity that truly makes you humble.

My philosophy has always been about living life to the max...whether it be in my personal, work or just in general life! I love to travel, have seen, and lived in so many parts of the world which has truly been eye-opening! :yes:

Agreed! Great post to keep in mind since sometimes we get focused to much on material items and acquiring new items without fully appreciating each one.

ladies of the midi i hear your anxiousness to get another one...but jackie has almost guaranteed that it will be part of the '09 line...it's hard to wait but you'd save money if you did!

I could do the Bewitched "twitch" and then magic up James Bond (but which one??) and then go travelling!

Maybe a different one for each travelling adventure!! :graucho: :shame:

As for being mindful, I'm a fine one to talk!

Somehow, I seem to have ordered an Angel Purse in Pewter Crash, and I was being soooo good!!! :angel:

I need help people ....!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on the pewter leather!!! I think in this style, it's the perfect amount of "flash" for those who are more conservative regarding this color. :tup:

ladies of the midi i hear your anxiousness to get another one...but jackie has almost guaranteed that it will be part of the '09 line...it's hard to wait but you'd save money if you did!

Yes, that's what she told me as well. I know it's going to be hard to wait but I also think that it's going to make it that much more special! I think I'm going to put all my upcoming gifts (Mother's Day, Anniversary, Birthday) toward getting one in fuchsia (if she offers it) and wine or chocolate.

Took my dark grey MIDI out today and enjoyed it immensely! I believe Jackie has designed the perfect bag!:yahoo:

Now I'm going to go rollerblading with my daughter, who will most certainly smoke me going around all the corners in our neighborhood!:P

^Tejasmama, are you kidding? You roller-blade too? My DD is still a little young for skating, but I would love to get her started. I love rollerblading and used to play hockey too....

Girl, between our bags, our Moleskins, our now financially conservative state, and our skates, we gotta hook up! :P

Audball,

I'm starting to think we've got some shared DNA! I used to ice skate as a kid and love rollerblading. My daughter is now into it and we have a good time rolling around. I used to watch hockey games with my dad growing up, but it's hard to find much hockey here in Texas!

I'm also addicted to Moleskines. Just love 'em!

Come on down and visit! Or, if Jackie can arrange a NYC meet, maybe we can all get together!

Jackie did say she would have this in her 09 line but she said when I asked that she didn't know what colors she would carry it in. I am not getting any fall bags as of right now b/c I don't like the color choices. I am not loving the crash leathers. So I really have no choices of leather that I like. We don't know what type of leather or colors she will do the LM midi in. So we mine as well do the chocolate bespoke now if we know that is what we want.

I feel like we all have different ideas of what being mindful is. For some it means not buying any bags for months. For others it means just evaluating your purchases. For me I can afford to buy a BE every few months. So being mindful for me is not rushing into a purchase. It means that I will not impulse buy but really think about the bag and how much I want/like it. So when I see a bag I try not to just buy it on the spot. I try to think about it over days and weeks instead of rushing into a purchase. That is being mindful for me.:smile:

Jackie did say she would have this in her 09 line but she said when I asked that she didn't know what colors she would carry it in. I am not getting any fall bags as of right now b/c I don't like the color choices. I am not loving the crash leathers. So I really have no choices of leather that I like. We don't know what type of leather or colors she will do the LM midi in. So we mine as well do the chocolate bespoke now if we know that is what we want.

I feel like we all have different ideas of what being mindful is. For some it means not buying any bags for months. For others it means just evaluating your purchases. For me I can afford to buy a BE every few months. So being mindful for me is not rushing into a purchase. It means that I will not impulse buy but really think about the bag and how much I want/like it. So when I see a bag I try not to just buy it on the spot. I try to think about it over days and weeks instead of rushing into a purchase. That is being mindful for me.:smile:
Boy you think just like me!!! I feel the same way about the Fall colors, not to sure or sold on them. I really like the current in-line colors...that being said I am going to purchase the Angel Purse! I've been thinking about that one for awhile!

I'm still evaluating. The only crash color I think I'd consider is the plum. I wouldn't want it in a large bag size though. Maybe an Angel Purse... Or maybe wait to buy one on ebay if anyone ditches theirs if they don't end up loving it! :graucho: I do really need to start saving. I've spent too much on bags already this year and we aren't even half way there lol but I probably spent at least 2,000. I need to really concentrate on saving money now so I can put some money aside and build my cushion back up again. In the long run, I think saving for larger items will give me greater satisfaction.

I'm still evaluating. The only crash color I think I'd consider is the plum. I wouldn't want it in a large bag size though. Maybe an Angel Purse... Or maybe wait to buy one on ebay if anyone ditches theirs if they don't end up loving it! :graucho: I do really need to start saving. I've spent too much on bags already this year and we aren't even half way there lol but I probably spent at least 2,000. I need to really concentrate on saving money now so I can put some money aside and build my cushion back up again. In the long run, I think saving for larger items will give me greater satisfaction.

Paintednightsky - Just SAVING generally, makes you feel a whole load better!! I'm so glad that over the years, I've been smart with my money. All too often, we'll buy not just bags, but anything that costs quite a few quid on impulse, and sometimes not....and then later realise...'DID WE REALLY NEED THAT'? and usually the answer is a resounding NO!! I say, make the most of what you've got..........and ENJOY IT!!! You never know what till the sale, and you can get an AP. ;)

Paintednightsky - Just SAVING generally, makes you feel a whole load better!! I'm so glad that over the years, I've been smart with my money. All too often, we'll buy not just bags, but anything that costs quite a few quid on impulse, and sometimes not....and then later realise...'DID WE REALLY NEED THAT'? and usually the answer is a resounding NO!! I say, make the most of what you've got..........and ENJOY IT!!! You never know what till the sale, and you can get an AP. ;)

I know what you mean. I have some total impulse buys on bags that I can't even resell because of lack of brand recognition that I totally regret, so I've learned my lesson in that department. I used to be really good at saving and had a bit saved in the bank but that took a total flip as soon as I found this forum lol I also gained new addictions such as clothes, shoes, etc. I find I have amassed many material items since joining this forum but I am not any happier than I was prior I find. Perhaps less since the more you have, the more it takes to give you even the least bit of satisfaction. Years ago, just one BE would have given me delight for a very very long time.

I know I can't change past mistakes so all I can do is learn. How many bags does a girl really need in life anyway? Bags are just material items in the end. I need to use up the bags I already have. Can't deny however that I can't wait to see the sale in June! ;)

Can I be initiated into this club?? LOL

I only own two BE bags, but purchased them on impulse (I deserve this! I work hard! etc. etc.), which was a big splurge for me. Really, one would have been sufficient, and I regret buying two.

I had read something about Jamie Lee Curtis: she said she gave away all her jewelry, owns one pair of jeans, and buys about 4 black dresses a year that she rotates. She feels her life is less weighed down and more simple now. I found this refreshing...

I'm thinking another handbag is not in my future until there's a sale, and only if I really love the bag.

(look -- I'm typing in "purple crash")

Can I be initiated into this club?? LOL

I only own two BE bags, but purchased them on impulse (I deserve this! I work hard! etc. etc.), which was a big splurge for me. Really, one would have been sufficient, and I regret buying two.

I had read something about Jamie Lee Curtis: she said she gave away all her jewelry, owns one pair of jeans, and buys about 4 black dresses a year that she rotates. She feels her life is less weighed down and more simple now. I found this refreshing...

I'm thinking another handbag is not in my future until there's a sale, and only if I really love the bag.

(look -- I'm typing in "purple crash")

Welcome to the club! Can't regret what you already bought so I'd enjoy them to the fullest! Only thing to learn from it is to be more aware of purchases in the future. There's a sale coming up soon luckily for you but I'd only buy if you reallly love the bag. I passed the last 2 sales because I didn't find anything I liked.