The 'micro' bag trend. Lovin' it? Or not?

Those micro bags are cute but I still haven't seen anybody carry one.:sad::sad:
The women I see either wear medium or large bags... or no bags at all...
Some of them, especially the very young ones, walk along my city streets carrying their phones in their right or left hands...I suppose their keys or lip gloss are in their pocket...:hrmm:

What we have here are fashion designers thinking up something "new" for the runway. Ergo, the bags that honestly look like plastic bags with quilts in them, or bags so small they are not handbags, they are jewelry. Not that I am knocking anyone who wants to buy one. To each her own or his as it may be.

I love fashion and applaud inventiveness. But, I need a bag to be functional as well as beautiful. Unlike celebs, I don't have an assistant to run behind me with my "stuff" so I can look glam carrying a matchbook on a chain as my bag. LOL!

So I'm not a fan of either extreme - micro or maxi. I need the bag to function.

Actually I think the micro bag as crossbody, (like the first photo) could function. If I only carried, keys, credit card and maybe lip balm for an ultra minimal hands free look. Quite a few ladies carry the micro bags, it can look a bit weird though because the hand held ones are like dolls purses...

Reactions: Mariapia
Also, saw the top bag in person and it's a decent enough size (would fit a 7 at least, not sure on plus). I'd love that minaudière; I think it's actually a lipstick case? Doesn't look like it would fit an ID or credit card.

Reactions: ladysarah
Also, saw the top bag in person and it's a decent enough size (would fit a 7 at least, not sure on plus). I'd love that minaudière; I think it's actually a lipstick case? Doesn't look like it would fit an ID or credit card.
Do you use a hand held or a cross body one? Please post some modelling shots...

Do you use a hand held or a cross body one? Please post some modelling shots...
I tend to go for crossbodies (SDJ Toy, MCM X-Mini Milla, or the like). I like the convenience of either being hands-free or being able to grab it quickly by the handles. That said, lately I've been addicted to the Bulgari card case in my avatar, which only has a short chain strap. I'll try to post some mod shots in a bit.

I personally prefer small bags. I just don't carry enough to wear a larger bag. As long as the bag fits my phone, a card case, keys, and a lipstick then I am good to go. If the bag is too small to fit these essentials, then it is too small for me...which means it is tiny. There are some bags that are too small for even these essentails (Fendi Micro Peekaboo, etc). Those bags are too small for me, but hey, they may work for someone who carries a smaller model of phone. Don't assume that just because something doesn't work for you that it doesn't suit someone else's need just fine.

To me, "minaudière" describes jewelry-type bag.
Pure decorative whimsy.
To accent outfit.
Not necessarily to do. But to be--preferably be beautiful.

I shun these bags for myself.
Because I spill things.
And wear jewelry/carry useful clutch instead.

However, for look, think hand-held works better than crossbody-style strap (op photo).
Because does not interfere with clothing lines. And seems more mature.
http://s.plurielles.fr/mmdia/i/73/7/toutes-addict-a-la-minaudiere-10660737yocnj_2041.jpg
Adds final spark. As exclamation point at end of outfit's sentence.

Hope helps.

Reactions: Mariapia and 2cello