Mansur Gavriel THE MG BACKPACK Thread – post pics, ask questions, and chat about the BP!

I'm so thrilled! After searching high and low for an MG bag, I finally found a mini Rosa backpack on Luisaviaroma. It's been a year or so since I started the hunt. I even got conned once by a Chinese site where I paid full price for an MG large bucket but they sent me a fake Chanel clutch! I couldn't get my money back and it sort of dampened my spirits and I gave up hope on ever owning an MG.

I can't wait to reveal my bag once it gets here. I live in the opposite end of the world so it might be weeks before I get it. Although it is much more pricier than it used to be, I feel that it is worth the wait and effort I put in. I'm sure you MG owners are happy when you get yours and I'm glad I'll be able to join the club. :yahoo:

I just bought a navy tumble mini backpack in the 8/12/2015 restock, can't wait for it to get here !
I decided to go with the tumble for functional reasons as I was afraid it would get scratched, I mainly got it to serve as my "travelling overseas backpack"

Congrats on your purchase !! I got the black tumbled mini backpack at the last relaunch and no regrets! (Smell-wise, it seemed somewhat less pungent than my Blu tumbled mini bucket although you still need to be patient with airing it!) I find the soft tumbled leather more convenient to use than veg-tanned although I try to put less in it as weight distributes less evenly with unstructured leather (if that makes sense?) One thing that's kind of annoying is the shoulder pad bit on the straps folds over easily and needs re-adjustment bc of the soft leather.

I bought a regular backpack in brandy/raw in this relaunch. I have never seen this color combo anywhere else. I am 5'2 so I am not sure if that size will look too big on me? I got this bag for work when I need to carry my laptop and mini backpack won't fit it.

It's not perfect- a few scratches but expected. It's vege tanned leather, there's no way it stays perfect if I really want to use it. And it actually makes it easier for me to start using it, because I don't have to worry about keeping it perfect :smile:

Loove your backpack!!!!

I got my bucket bag today but sadly it looks like they dropped a bit of excess glue or something on the purse. It's not huge but it's noticeable. I know the bag isn't supposed to be perfect but I'd really like all the marks on the bag to be put on there by me. I'm going to write to the company but not sure if they can exchange for a new piece. Has anyone tried before?

Last edited:
Loove your backpack!!!!

I got my bucket bag today but sadly it looks like they dropped a bit of excess glue or something on the purse. It's not huge but it's noticeable. I know the bag isn't supposed to be perfect but I'd really like all the marks on the bag to be put on there by me. I'm going to write to the company but not sure if they can exchange for a new piece. Has anyone tried before?

Definitely write to the company and see what they say. i believe they will do something if that's a defect.

Hi fellow MG backpackers,

I'm not sure whether I am allowed to make comparisons to another brand here, but I came across a leather backpack from a small Italian brand, Gianni Notaro, in Japan and instantly fell in love! The structured leather in addition to the four metal feet holds its shape well, and the drawstring + magnetic closure are sturdy. It looks well-made down to the last detail, not to mention that it is half the price of MGs.

Size wise, it is slightly larger than the mini-bucket but it fits quite a bit in there.

I like MG's Cammello colour, but I personally prefer this rich chocolate brown color because it just looks more....for lack of a better word....luxurious!

Don't get me wrong! I am a MG fan, but I do think that this is comparable if not better (*gasp*) than MGs simply because it'll hold its shape, and the leather is not as slouchy.

Hm I am having trouble uploading pictures of the handbag. Here's a link to the picture on Google+

What do you think, fellow MG lovers? ;)
you will always get better quality buying direct from italy. you pay for the label and the quality isn't there on mass produced branded items anymore. only the fools and the desperate to appear more rich than they are pay for the labels still. I just took delivery of a italian leather backpack, hand crafted, not machine and the quality outweighs all of my designer bags that cost 10x the price, even back when the brands stood for quality ( grandad LV travel trunks ) the only draw back is the design of the straps being thin when they are separated to wear as a backpack, due to thinness, they cause some digging and the zipper sides will no doubt rub against bare skin in the summer.

Hi, I’m looking to get the mini backpack as I really like the style. I don’t have any experience with this brand though-how is it in terms of quality for the price? Is it worth it?