The metallic reissue color faded .. any hope?

nutnutnut

Aug 6, 2007
I have got the silver metallic reissue from Ebay, it have got the color faded on the rim and corner.
I wonder if the Chanel restoration would help for this problem?

Anybody had the faded color before? How are you doing with it?
With Thankss!:confused1:

ha? well, its really depends how the user used it

i bought mine in around august 2007, then keep using it as daily bag for almost 3-4 months, by end year i noticed there is blackish discoloured around the corner, i kinda like it at the end actually ..

Eeks this is what I'm afraid of.. that is why I never buy metallic bags. I think the best way is to bring it to a Chanel boutique near you and ask them if it can be fixed. Good luck!

I love metallics but I am scared to get it because of this!!!
I had a chloe silver metallic bag and after wearing it for 5 or 6 times the metallic started rubbing off :sad:

Does chanel offer to fix this?

i used to own one metallic reissue before and i heard from my SA that it will eventually faded due to the special treated leather.

Well, i guess u probably has to bring back to chanel store and see what they can do for this.

I think it would be useful if someone could post pictures of what they meant by colour fading or their metallic bags turning black, the colour peeling off etc etc.

I have three metallic bags and after reading all the comments on this thread (and the other one), I checked out my bags but I didn't find anything odd about them. I have used all of my metallcis so they're not like brand new. I have to say when I wear my metallics, I actually hand carry it by its chaim and lift the bag slightly away from my body as I don't want it to rub against my clothes. The colours still look good, I think. But who knows? Maybe my bags have already lost their metallic feels and I didn't know that....:sweatdrop:

^ You can actually search on eBay. I've seen used metallic bags (for example the recent one I saw was the used silver metallic luxe bowler by personalshoppers) which are in pretty used and worn condition. The metallic fades off. I think it is pretty much inevitable due to wear and tear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ICONIC-CHANEL-L...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

10.jpg

11.jpg

5.jpg

Credits to personalshoppers on eBay

I almost bought a red metallic but SA was hard to deal with so decided to cancel my order. Thank goodness or else its a waist of money if after few wears, it would just fade. Thanks for letting us know.

all metallic-treated leather is prone to the color rubbing off, regardless of it is chanel or not... unfortunately there is nothing much that can be done except to be super-careful not to let edges rub up against anything.