The Memphis Pouchette as a Wallet

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
As most of you know, I had been waiting very the Memphis wallets to finally come out, when we learned (sadly!) that the MJ stores did not purchase any of the SLGs from the Memphis line and none of the major dept stores were carrying them. After looking at descriptions on Barneys and eLux I discovered that the pouchettes had cc & currency slots, so I thought maybe I'd try that instead (the price was the same as the wallet anyhow!). Then Bloomies had a sales event and the pouchette was discovered at a few stores. For a little more than 1/2 the price, it was worth it to try. And when it arrived, I was mesmorized by the black leather & colorful accents on this bag!! Then I got the Danuta and I've been thinking, maybe I don't need the pouchette after all!! It is a little big to use as a wallet and I thought about either returning and/or selling it. I pulled it out today and after seeing it again, my heart melted (I do love that black!!). I thought why not try it out first & see how I like it.

Well, it works. Definitely need to use it in a larger bag tho (which for me, usually isn't a problem!!!), and what's nice is that when I want to run out quickly and don't want to take my entire bag, I can just grab this, throw my phone inside and run!!! I actually compared it to my Lg Zip Wallet, and honestly I think this weighs LESS than that does!!! (Esp once I put all my stuff inside -- that LZW got kinda weighty!), but it works. Three tassels are a bit much inside of another bag, but I remedied that by removing two & adding them to my bag instead!!!

So here you go -- here's how to use the Memphis Pouchette as a wallet. If anyone else tries this out, I'd love to see your pics too!!

the pouchette with just one tassel and the lock (the other two are on my bag!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• memphis 035.JPG
    memphis 035.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 191
what's inside my pouchette -- I know I could have left all my cards loose inside, but I put them in my card case anyhow (its mercer leather, so its pretty light weight). I also put my loose change inside the zip pocket -- I was going to use a coin purse, but decided why add unecessary weight, but you could easily fit a key pouch inside or a small coin purse (and then use the zippered pocket for something else)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• memphis 038.JPG
    memphis 038.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 195
  • memphis 044.JPG
    memphis 044.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 183
and here's how it looks inside of my bag (along with my 9,000 other pouches!!!:P)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• memphis 025.JPG
    memphis 025.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 188
  • memphis 029.JPG
    memphis 029.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 187
  • memphis 032.JPG
    memphis 032.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 27
you make me want a pouchette now JJ! i might have to hint it to my parents (for graduation present :P)

and you're so organized! :tup: i'm ashamed! :shame:

if you find it's getting too heavy to carry, I'd be happy to take some of that wad of cash off your hands! ;)

Looks great! What are the measurements? Is it significantly larger than a regular wallet?

if you find it's getting too heavy to carry, I'd be happy to take some of that wad of cash off your hands! ;)

Looks great! What are the measurements? Is it significantly larger than a regular wallet?

:lol: Sadly, most of those are singles!!!
the pouchette is 9x6x1 -- a ZC on the other hand, is 8x4x.1 -- so the pouchette isn't that much larger!!
and its actually lighter weight than my Lg Zip Wallet (even with all my "stuff" inside -- when I put everything inside my LZW, it got pretty heavy)

Last edited:
and you're so organized! :tup: i'm ashamed! :shame:
I never used to be!! The agenda has really helped -- I try to write everything down inside so that I no longer have all those little loose pieces of paper w/phone numbers & notes inside my bags!! I also use those Daisy pouches from Sephora - I use one for coupons and one for all my receipts. Then I have the larger Special Items pouch which I use for odds-n-ends, like band-aids, a mini mascara, blister block, extra pens, etc.

Just adding a few inexpensive pouches really made a difference in the "neatness" and organization of my bags!!

I'm so glad you're keeping it! We're pouchette twins! And I love how many pouches you have in your bag! I have a zillion but clearly need to use more of them at a time!

Sadly, I can't do the same as you...impossible when the cc slots are on the other side of the pouchette. But it wouldn't work for me anyway. I'm a little too afraid to put the memphis leather into my bigger bag just 'cause i throw so much into my bags that I'm scared I'll mess it up.

But I'm so glad it works for you! It really is super light-weight and just a tiny bit taller than a wallet.