The Meaning behind Jack and Lucie

I love the Jack and Lucie keychain! Thanks for the meaning behind them!
Is it possible to know if they are still available at LV boutiques? Also, how much do they retail for? I would so appreciate some more info on this keychain! TIA!

It retails for $240 and they are limited edition, I just bought the last one from my boutique a few weeks ago

I love the Jack and Lucie keychain! Thanks for the meaning behind them!
Is it possible to know if they are still available at LV boutiques? Also, how much do they retail for? I would so appreciate some more info on this keychain! TIA!
I went in to the LV Store today and unfortunately they do not have it, they did offer to order one for me , the retail price is $240.00 plus the cost of shipping.

That's a fascinating story! I love Nightmare Before Christmas, and I saw Lucy in a museum exhibit when I was a kid:yes: Does anyone have a pic? I've never seen it.

It came in 2 color :P

img10613823898.jpeg
img10613872788.jpeg

I've seen lots of members with pics of their jack & lucie charms but I've never actually seen one in real life until today. I was shocked by the size of each "ball"... lol

They're definately a lot bigger than what I had imagined... for some reason, I always thought they were about the size of M&M's... lol, silly me!

For a few weeks I kept on reading threads about this particular keychain as 'Jack and Jill' then one day I realised it was actually called 'Jack and Lucie'!! Then I wondered how on earth how could they have gotten the name wrong-----doh!

Thanks for info.

I guess I don't read the news much because I don't remember hearing about the oldest fossil bone.... but I do remember my SA mentioning it to me when I looked at the Jacky & Lucie keychain because I thought it was odd. New question for those who have the keychain: Do the Jack & Lucie balls scratch each other when hanging on a purse? I would think that they would bounce together and scratch each other? Any comments?

I guess I don't read the news much because I don't remember hearing about the oldest fossil bone.... but I do remember my SA mentioning it to me when I looked at the Jacky & Lucie keychain because I thought it was odd. New question for those who have the keychain: Do the Jack & Lucie balls scratch each other when hanging on a purse? I would think that they would bounce together and scratch each other? Any comments?

I may not be the best to answer this one since I just got my Jack and Lucie on New Year's Eve, but they have been on my Speedy since then. I just checked not a scratch on either one yet! They are really the cutest and so funky!

And, for those of us who love to be "in the know," some more interesting facts...

“Lucy” is the popular name given to the famous fossil skeleton that American anthropologist Donald Johanson found in Ethiopia in 1974. The fossil is on tour in the USA now. In October of 2006 (simultaneously with the release of LVs Jack and Lucie!) Ethiopia signed a deal with the USA to have the fossil tour the USA for six years and visit 11 cities. Yes, the fossil spells its name with a “y” and LV spells it with an “ie.” It is also interesting to know that the archeologists that named the fossil, selected the name Lucy from a Beatles song that played in their archaeological camp on the night of her discovery!

Who said the PF wasn’t a key source for historical facts!

Maybe all of you knew this already, but I just learned the meaning behind the Jack and Lucie keyring! Jack is named after the symbolic Halloween Jack O’Lantern and Lucie after the oldest human remains found to date.

I can't believe that I bought the key chain as a charm to hang from my Damier Speedy 25 and didn't know their meaning. Interesting!

When I saw Jack I understood who he was but not Lucy, thanks for sharing!! Great to know!! :yes: