The Maxi Cabat

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. or, this?

Attached Files:

• 127.jpg
      127.jpg
      File size:
      348.4 KB
      Views:
    wheihk, chiisaibunny, J.T. and 5 others like this.
  2. EXACTLY!!!!!

J.T. likes this.
  3. I should probably say that there is nothing inherently wrong with car belt woven bags or baskets, they are cool and environmentally friendly! But they are also not hailed as an innovation or cost 4-5 figures :biggrin:.

4. Well said

J.T. likes this.
  5. So true! An
    I should probably say that there is nothing inherently wrong with car belt woven bags or baskets, they are cool and environmentally friendly! But they are also not hailed as an innovation or cost 4-5 figures :biggrin:.[/QUOTE]

So True! There is nothing inherently wrong with getting your inspiration wherever you may find it. Remember the Chanel shopping baskets from a few years back?
    Screenshot_20190325-020007.png

Sales price over $12,000? This current topic reminds me a bit of that, except with Chanel the shopping basket was a one-off runway piece. When Lagerfeld came in he built on the previous aesthetic in appealing and exciting ways without tossing out the Coco heritage. He also elevated the Chanel artisans and provided them with more opportunities to use and refine their skills. Is it possible that might happen at BV as the new artistic director becomes more confident in his new role?

6. So True! There is nothing inherently wrong with getting your inspiration wherever you may find it. Remember the Chanel shopping baskets from a few years back?
    View attachment 4382757

[/QUOTE]Sales price over $12,000? This current topic reminds me a bit of that, except with Chanel the shopping basket was a one-off runway piece. When Lagerfeld came in he built on the previous aesthetic in appealing and exciting ways without tossing out the Coco heritage. He also elevated the Chanel artisans and provided them with more opportunities to use and refine their skills. Is it possible that might happen at BV as the new artistic director becomes more confident in his new role?[/QUOTE]

Good point. I am used to seeing unique, often ridiculous, things on the runway. And designers in interviews have often stated they do not expect the rank and file to buy these things. They are attention getters.

J.T. likes this.
  7. comparison shots

Attached Files:

frenziedhandbag likes this.
  8. Thanks for the pics but wow, those are sooo unattractive...

grietje and ODEDIHAIMS like this.
  9. tell me about it!! :facepalm:

grietje likes this.
  10. Not a fan, so sorry

11. for??
    for being tasteful?

12. I'm thinking of those poor BV artisans, asked to churn out these...these...er..things.
    Let's face it, if they don't look good fresh out the box and modelled by you there really is no hope.

13. SAs ask me eagerly for my opinion, (they see me wearing BV head to toe) and they ALL start laughing with ease when i say - it's a disaster
    sad really :sad:
    i'm glad to learn today that regular intrecciato is NOT going to be phased out

14. IMHO, those bags are a joke.

Bagcoolie, J.T., ODEDIHAIMS and 2 others like this.
  15. i asked the SA how many of these they had sold, he said - none.
    just one in the small size.
    and when i was leaving, he asked me if i wanted them to bring anything in...
    i said: yes, please, bring TM back!
    :lol: