The Matchy-Matchy Thread

green97

Oct 1, 2010
I know I can't be the only one... a lot of the time, I don't do it on purpose, but I find myself drawn to the same colors/shades and end up buying various items that... ta-DAAAAH! Matchety-matchety-matchety-MATCH!

OR: You might have been told by your mum or grandmum that :lecture: young lady, to look polished and proper you must only wear skirts and never never these denim pants and above all your bag and shoes MUST MATCH. Sound familiaaaaaaar?

So, post em here... to be of maximum helpfulness to other matchy-matchers out there it would help to post year and provenance of your items, particularly your Chanel, of course. And whether you would actually wear your matching items all at the same time, and/or how you pull it off.

Whee! Lessgo, it's matchy time!

I admit it- I am a matchy-matchy person ... I was always the type that had matching bags and shoes. I still, to this day, buy shoes solely on the grounds of "will they match such and such purse?" ...

^Very nice!

I do this sometimes, if the mood strikes me... haha. Here are some combos I've posted elsewhere.

YSL Tribtoos/'07 226 dark silver:
TribtooDS.jpg

CL bronze glitter HPs/Khaki Baby Cabas:
BronzeHP8.jpg

Pink patent Miu Miu heels/tote I found years ago!
MiuMiuChaneltote.jpg

Bronze Lanvins/Bronze reissue tote:
ReissuetoteandLanvin.jpg

CL violet greasepaint decolzeps/'08 metallic purple 226 reissue
Purplecombo.jpg

Matte gold/silver h/w NM exclusive medium flap/Charles David jeweled sandals:
Goldcombo.jpg

Nicholas Kirkwood pearl peep toes/black caviar timeless clutch:
BlackNKcombo.jpg

'06 coral caviar medium flap/coral-gold ballet flats:
Coralcombo.jpg

Not exactly matchy-matchy in any particular way, but I've worn this combo a billion times! CL black patent decolletes/black caviar medium flap with silver h/w:
Blackcombo.jpg

Grey patent medium flap/Banana sequined flats:
GreypatentandBRshoes.jpg

MINAL!!! Girl, I bow to you(cue Wayne and Garth to chant "we're not worthy..." LOL!) and your fashionista powers.

BTW, j'adore le pink patent Miu Miu pumps w/that oh-so cute canvas floral CC tote. Perfect flirty, girly summery look!:girlsigh:

Aww, thanks so much, AMJ! :heart:

ihavetoomany - You're so sweet, thank you! :heart: I love your leopard/black Chanel pairings!! :love: I love that look... do it too (and we're leopard reva twins)!

schol - Hey girl! :smile: Haha, you're too funny, you crack me up! :P Thank you! :flowers: I love that combo too... it's making me antsy for the kind of weather it makes me think of (sadly, it's freezing cold here)! :nuts:

OMG Minal! :faint::ps: Your matching shoes and bags are gorgeous! Wow, some of the heels on your shoes I'd be afraid to put my toe in:lol:......I'd be falling all over the place, but they are gorgeous! You have a beautiful collection of shoes and bags!!!