Official Paris Hilton Thread

chemlex said:
That was a very long and well-thought reply in defense of Paris. I am suprised anyone feels that strongly about it, but I will respect your opinion.

But I am fairly certain that if the internet were in full swing at the time, there would have been several thousands hits for "Billy Ray Cyrus" (which there probably are now). And look what happened to him.

I strongly feel that she is a flash in the pan, and just because her family is quite well off it doesn't mean that money is hers. What she is doing to make money is capitalizing on an image that will not last for long.

I think there's a misunderstanding because what I wrote was not from a personal point of view, nor is it my opinion. It was intended as insight/information on why someone with no special talent can become an adveritiser's dream based on various elements of advertising and marketing.

Thank you for noting it was well thought out. But I don't seek out this type of information on a personal level. Knowing this type of stuff is what I do for a living. :wacko: ;)

Lexi

"Paris says I can keep the engagement ring. He says I earned it."

Why of course she did... :blink:

Attachments

• paris_ring.gif
    paris_ring.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 67
That guy is so loaded ($$$) he wouldn't even care. ;)

I do agree w/ chemlex...it may just have been the only "job" Paris was good at.

By the way I read somewhere that Paris (guy) was producing a movie, w/ Paris (girl) as the lead. Cancelled? Or still on?

Paris Hilton sells her engagement ring

Paris Hilton has reportedly auctioned off her £2. 7 million engagement ring from ex-fiancé Paris Latsis.

The hotel heiress sold the stunning diamond band in aid of victims of Hurricane Katrina, according to a report in Britain's Daily Star newspaper.

The winning bidder is said to have bought the ring for less than half of what Latsis paid.

Hilton called time on her romance with the shipping heir earlier this month because she claimed she wasn't ready for marriage.

The 24-year-old said in a statement: "I'm sad to announce that I've called off my engagement.

Over the last couple of months I've realised that this is the right decision for me.

" The blonde socialite - who got engaged to Latsis just five months ago after a whirlwind courtship - told the New York Post she doesn't want to rush into marriage She said: "I feel I'm just not ready for marriage I have seen the break ups between people who love each other and rush into getting married too quickly - and I do not want to make that mistake"

source : femalefirst
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/66632004.htm
>>>>>>>>

I can't say for certain that this story is true. If it is, then I would expect to see it reported by much larger news organizations.

While I am a bit surprised that she is surrendering that money over to Katrina victims, I also don't completely believe it. People say all the time that they are donating "proceeds" from sales to charity - but sometimes not all of it goes where it is supposed to.

If this report is true, it is a significant donation for Paris to make. She isn't the billionaire heiress that most people think she is. She has "worked" quite a bit to make her money (public appearances, commercials, home video sales), so selling off a ring worth almost 5 million dollars is quite the sacrifice to make.

While the cause is just, I think it is very poor etiquette to sell off a ring so quickly after a breakup. I don't expect people to keep their lost love memorabilia forever, but can't you at least wait a few months?

And whoever bought it got quite the deal! I love getting things at half price!

kojiko said:
I agree...it may not be true. I'd think she'd advertise it like crazy! But it would have been great if she did give it to charity (if she sold it).

If she did auction it off and only got half its value, then she was pretty stupid about it. With the right promotion she could have easily gotten more for it.

image.gif

Somehow she reminds me of Eric Zoolander. It's time for a new facial expression, Paris. :lol: