The MAM is BACK!!!!

luvs*it*

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
Here are some pictures from her runway show today...all pictures are from Instagram.
3syr22k.jpg

d57tjk0.jpg

iFl8bRa.jpg

Yes!!!! I was so excited when I saw some of those pics pop up on insta! The finale of her la show had everyone carrying a MAM however the filmer didn't really focus on the bahs unfortunately. Very curious as to what the leather is like and super excited to see new MAMs again!

Holy cow. I am so happy I saw this. Yesterday, two of my side (1 on each side) rivets broke on my beloved Black MAM. Only consolation is that I was there to pick up the pieces. My husband went out and purchased Gorilla glue and for now the pieces are back in place. However, I have this sinking feeling not for long. Now my dilemma will be whether or not to purchase a new one just in case my old one starts falling apart before my eyes. Urgh.

Rivet001.jpg

Rivet002.jpg

Stopped by the RM store in SF for the first time since I was in the area and guess what I saw? The new pink MAM.

The leather feels pretty nice. Very smooth and structured. Color is true to the photo, a very pale pink. So anyone in the SF area wants this bag right away instead of waiting for March, you should stop by right now and pick it up!

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
Stopped by the RM store in SF for the first time since I was in the area and guess what I saw? The new pink MAM.

The leather feels pretty nice. Very smooth and structured. Color is true to the photo, a very pale pink. So anyone in the SF area wants this bag right away instead of waiting for March, you should stop by right now and pick it up!
That is a pretty color for the spring and summer!

That is a pretty color for the spring and summer!

Agreed the color is gorgeous, even better in person. I was tempted to buy it but I'm still in the process of paying off my credit card and I would rather wait and see if there are more color options available (light pink is gorgeous but I'll get it dirty so fast). D:

They have the brown color up on the site now. Gonna wait and see if there are going to be a blue, orange or darker pink option available.

Agreed the color is gorgeous, even better in person. I was tempted to buy it but I'm still in the process of paying off my credit card and I would rather wait and see if there are more color options available (light pink is gorgeous but I'll get it dirty so fast). D:

They have the brown color up on the site now. Gonna wait and see if there are going to be a blue, orange or darker pink option available.

Someone posted this link a couple of posts back. The Iris is pretty too!
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/m-a-b...urce=cj&utm_content=2261907&utm_term=11877910

Last edited:
Yay! Though I find it funny that it's not under classics on her website.

I promised myself I would not buy any more RM, but an exception was a new MAM if they made them again. I wish these were made in NYC and had more options (colored zipper tracks, different hardware choices), but the price is decent and if the quality is there, I will have a hard time resisting.

Does anyone know what Rebecca means when she said that "only one of each" of these Mams were created? I took a screenshot on her instagram of her response. I guess these bags are limited run and won't be made anymore after the initial stock is sold out?

Attachments

• IMG_0048.PNG
    IMG_0048.PNG
    488.1 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
Does anyone know what Rebecca means when she said that "only one of each" of these Mams were created? I took a screenshot on her instagram of her response. I guess these bags are limited run and won't be made anymore after the initial stock is sold out?
Probably one each of the special runway versions?

Probably one each of the special runway versions?
You may be right! I tried looking for the "love is love"/"woman up!" MAMs but I don't see it anywhere on her site. It's confusing. I guess they must have sold out sometime after the fashion show ended.

Also, has anyone recently purchased from her site and had good experiences? I've been hesitant to purchase anything ever since the hack started. Hopefully the MAM becomes available at department stores soon. I don't feel too safe ordering from RM without risking my CC information getting exposed by the hacker.

You may be right! I tried looking for the "love is love"/"woman up!" MAMs but I don't see it anywhere on her site. It's confusing. I guess they must have sold out sometime after the fashion show ended.

Also, has anyone recently purchased from her site and had good experiences? I've been hesitant to purchase anything ever since the hack started. Hopefully the MAM becomes available at department stores soon. I don't feel too safe ordering from RM without risking my CC information getting exposed by the hacker.
I purchased within the time period of the hack but paid by PayPal so I seem to be good. But I would probably purchase from a department store instead of her site if there is a choice in case the bags have quality issues since customer service is lacking.

Reactions: anthrosphere