The Maltese Club~! Post pics of your sweet furballs!

the one pictured is called the Sac Baxter PM (the smaller size.) Mia also has a Sac Chien but the Sac Chien is completely enclosed..it looks like a crate and is used for airplane travel, etc..Sac Baxter can be used daily, like a purse. Whenever I grab my keys, Mia jumps into the Sac Baxter..she knows it is time to roll! LOL...HTH! ;)
thank you for the info! I'm going to look into getting one for coco. How old is MIA? Has she reached full size? I'm worried about coco outgrowing the sac Baxter. TIA!

thank you for the info! I'm going to look into getting one for coco. How old is MIA? Has she reached full size? I'm worried about coco outgrowing the sac Baxter. TIA!

Mia is 1 yr and 3 months old now. She is full grown. I purchased the LV purses for her when she was only 6 months so i had the same worries as you. I called her breeder and he gave me her estimate full grown weight..and he was dead on! (to the decimal too..lol) I went to my breeder for all quesitons about Mia and he has been there always. No one knows Mia and her lines, and pedigree better than him...so I think if you are unsure, wait a bit, ask Coco's breeder first. B/c once you buy the purse, you cant return it...

people say dogs stop growing by 1 yr old..but then again, i heard some puppies hit a growth spurt suddenly, so you never really know.

OMG Mia is sooooo gorgeous.....that face is incredible and that hair..:crybaby::crybaby:Well, yes my Coco had long gorgeous hair.....now she is pink and very upset...she is wearing a Tshirt but still will hardly come out from under the bed., grandkids have come over with treats, to try to get her outside and happy again, but.....she is still in shock.....keep hoping she gets over it soon.....:heart:H

OMG Mia is sooooo gorgeous.....that face is incredible and that hair..:crybaby::crybaby:Well, yes my Coco had long gorgeous hair.....now she is pink and very upset...she is wearing a Tshirt but still will hardly come out from under the bed., grandkids have come over with treats, to try to get her outside and happy again, but.....she is still in shock.....keep hoping she gets over it soon.....:heart:H
aww. I hope Coco gets better and we see some pics soon!

♥ Ferragamo;8395508 said:
miss alice -- mia is sooooooooo cute! i LOVE maltese too! i was wondering what you do about tear staining? does mia ever get any? her face looks perfect!

feedback please~ :smile:

thank you for your kind words about Mia!! She never had any tear stains. She was pure white from day 1. I attribute that quality to her breeder, who really made himself a name in the Maltese world for top tier breeding of maltese, eliminating tear staining from his lines. That was why I decided to buy his maltese, over other breeders'. I believe the#1 reason for tear staining (not only in Maltese, but in all dogs,like Shi Tzu, poodles, etc) is genetics (which is why quality breeding is so so important.) But, there are also secondary issues such as teething, diet, allergies, clogged tear dutcts, etc.

Secondary issues are usually tempoary..i know most maltese do tear around 6-9months of age b/c they are teething. There are over the counter drugs such as Angel Eyes that you can buy to feed your dogs but the active ingredient is an antibiotic Tylan, so I would really caution against using it,esp in young puppies. In general, i dont think ingesting antibiotics is a good idea, unless it is medically necessary.

do you have a maltese? Tear stains are yeast. I know of other ways to help staining so if you have specific questions, let me know!

do you have a maltese? Tear stains are yeast. I know of other ways to help staining so if you have specific questions, let me know!

Hi miss alice! Yes, I have one too! Her name is Jin-Ju~ :love:

I've asked the vet about it, but she said it's not really bad. I had no idea tear stains had to do with genetics...:confused1:

Hmm...I don't really have specific questions aside from...what I can do to clear it and what I can do to prevent re-occurring stains. I wipe her eyes daily and it does help.

I totally agree with you on the Angel Eyes products. I don't feel comfortable feeding that to her unless it's really necessary...

Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! :smile:

♥ Ferragamo;8399561 said:
Hi miss alice! Yes, I have one too! Her name is Jin-Ju~ :love:

I've asked the vet about it, but she said it's not really bad. I had no idea tear stains had to do with genetics...:confused1:

Hmm...I don't really have specific questions aside from...what I can do to clear it and what I can do to prevent re-occurring stains. I wipe her eyes daily and it does help.

I totally agree with you on the Angel Eyes products. I don't feel comfortable feeding that to her unless it's really necessary...

Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! :smile:

I would love to see pics of Jin Ju!!! She sounds darling!!!

Yes, tear stains is absolutely related to genetics. Actually, many many health realted issues regarding dogs ARE related to genetics. Thats why it is never ever good to buy from a pet store, among other things. Have you ever watched the Westminister dog show,and looked @ the Maltese there? NONE of them have any tear stains- completely pure white faces. It is quality breeding. Alot of it has to do w/ the proportions of the face/head/bone structure, which affects the tear ducts, thus staining.

How old is Jin ju? What do you feed her? Is she mainly an indoror dog or outdoor? I need to know more facts bc there can be many causes of tearing. once you tell me more, i can give you a better suggestion.:smile:

Here's my little 12 wk old guy, Charlie. He's been with us for a week now and is the sweetest little thing! I am overwhelmed by all of the grooming involved with his breed but I'm working on getting him used to it now. It's going to keep me busy in addition to his potty training.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2008December 029.jpg
    2008December 029.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 785
  • 2008December 036.jpg
    2008December 036.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 575
Here's my little 12 wk old guy, Charlie. He's been with us for a week now and is the sweetest little thing! I am overwhelmed by all of the grooming involved with his breed but I'm working on getting him used to it now. It's going to keep me busy in addition to his potty training.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awww...Charlie is a doll!!! 12 wks is a really good time to start their training. As long as you are consistent, it shouldnt be a problem. Please feel free to ask if you have questions. Charlie is such a cute Malt!!! :heart:

Awww...Charlie is a doll!!! 12 wks is a really good time to start their training. As long as you are consistent, it shouldnt be a problem. Please feel free to ask if you have questions. Charlie is such a cute Malt!!! :heart:

Thank you. Princess Mia is just gorgeous and I love her little hairdo! Maltese are so gentle and sweet natured. I just hope he doesn't turn into a little rebel any time soon. lol

^^ Hahaha...awww...even *if* he turns into a rebel, he will be a darn cute one!! haha...But, in all seriousness, Maltese was bred to be companions and their sweet nature is really innate. Personally, IMO, I think malts are the most human like amongst toy dogs. ..I know I am biased but I cant help it..haha.. They really act like human babies! Do you currently crate train Charlie? It really helps to potty train him and teaches him boundaries. I think the crate training method is great when done correctly. I think when Charlie gets a bit older, you can take him to puppy kindgareten for some basic commands and socialization. It will give you more confidence to become the pack leader and you will be able to bond w/ Charlie more as well. Puppyhood goes soo fast..enjoy every moment!! And, dont hesistate to ask for advice!!!! :hugs: