The MALAYSIA Chanel Club

Hi everyone. I have a little knowledge about Chanel Malaysia as a KL-ite and decided to post this to help fellow frustrated Chanel lovers. To date, Malaysia has only one KLCC store. I don’t have spending history with them (or nothing remarkable. Maybe one SLG or a small bag) so I feel you, if you’re on the same boat. This is my experience alone, and naturally, I’m sure people have such different ones

Pre-pandemic, Chanel KLCC was a normal boutique. You go in with what you want in mind and you leave with the bag of your dreams in your hands. It was that fuss-free and easy. My cousins and friends who loved Chanel, had the same experience

Since the pandemic, the shopping situation has turned awry. SAs who were once responsive, friendly and eager to help, no long bother to even respond. (I even still have photos from years ago of one SA modelling several new collection bags for me)

I’m in my 20s but I’m not on social media. I hop onto trends very late in general. When pandemic hit, I had much time on my hands with work toning down several notches. That reinstated my love and lust for Chanel bags as I was going through more Youtube videos in a month, than I had consumed in my whole life. Suddenly, there were many new bags and designs I craved for. (I was also heartbroken to learn the prices have almost doubled and that the brand discontinued the minis in caviar leather) I reached out to the SA whose contact I had from around 2016-2017 (back then, I believe he was rather new to the boutique too). No response. I took it as a “oh its lockdown at the moment so the stores can’t open” kinda thing. My boyfriend happened to have a contact of another SA and she did reply but with many excuses to say the stores were closed until the government lifts the rules and she’s unable to check on any stock at that moment (mid-2021). Fast forward a few weeks later of back and forths, it was still lockdown and she texted to say “oh we have the cardholder you’re looking for” (I guess this would be the first ‘red flag’ we encountered seeing that it was still lockdown — if she could check the cardholder stock, why couldn’t she check on the bags I wanted too?). They have an email service on their website but of course no one responds to that.

When the lockdown had finally lifted, this SA told us the boutiques are opened and we can walk in without an appointment. I went by after work for them to tell me that I needed an appointment and they could put me on the list now but there were about 14 people ahead of me (I was already pretty annoyed by then since I received conflicting information on walk-ins vs appointments) In this MCO phase, the stores closed at 7pm. By 7pm, they called to tell me that the store had already closed. The lady on the line offered to have an SA contact me regarding appointment-making for future visits. (At this point I already knew no one would contact me so I don’t know why she even offered) Unsurprisingly, no one reached out. We were annoyed and disappointed but at least I drowned my disappointment in sumptuous food of my favourite spot (Open House).

A few days later we returned with an appointment but the SA showed me cobalt blue and bright yellow bags — none to which I had interest in. Black classic flaps and classic minis were ‘display only’ apparently. I had my bag-meltdown and then gave up on Chanel.

About a month and more passed, my boyfriend surprised me with a classic in black and champagne gold hardware! If I could get a hold of one on my own, I would have paid for it. The real excitement was HOW he got one! He explains the story that he contacted many of his friends asking if any had purchase history in Chanel (he’s so sweet). There is a couple of whom he’s friends with from school days and the wife occasionally bought Chanel (not a regular customer). She helped to contact her SA for one and within a few weeks, was allocated a bag (this is surprising considering she wasn’t a VIP purchaser in any way. She hadn’t bought for some time too). My boyfriend went to pick it up and asked if they could put my name on the invoice to create purchase history for me. They said no but after back and forth, they agreed to saying that they usually can’t do that but will make a one-time exception. I was over the moon — not just that I had the bag of my dreams but that when I had given up, my boyfriend still pressed on, had so much initiative and did it all to make sure I was happy

There were still other bags on my list and we wanted to tick them off before more exorbitant price increases. I wanted the Chanel 19 small, Chanel 19 WOC, Boy, caramel mini, classic cardholder, to name a few. No luck every time. No reply most or all of the time. Heard stories of friends / cousins who would try to walk-in but were number 50 in the queue. Basically, they’ll turn you away without an appointment. Next, you can’t make an appointment because no SA would respond to any of us. They also do not pick up the published phone number. I called the KLCC concierge once for Chanel’s phone number thinking that maybe, it had been changed but not updated online. They concierge did say that that is still their phone number and many have also said they do not pick up. If you’re lucky, you can go very early in the morning on a working day to try to get yourself in. But again, even when you get in, they either have ‘no stock’ (I’ll elaborate later) or they just wouldn’t release it to you

Somewhere along the way, we got a hold of a “manager’s” contact number (through many degrees of relations). I’m not sure what level of “manager” he/she is or if there are many types of managers. He/she basically said that they hold classic / high-demand items for their VIP customers. VIP status basically is for those who buy their fine jewellery (and I think he said furniture. Or maybe RTW and jewellery) which isn’t worth any money in my opinion. This “manager” or personnel eventually stopped replying (so typical of Chanel SA attitude). The last few sentences were “I can see if any SA wants to contact you”. The audacity honestly. They have zero sense of customer service. What store personnel will actually say that. At least I’d expect him/her to say “I’ll get someone to assist you” and of course expect no one to contact us. But he/she had the cheek to say “I’ll see if anyone wants to contact you” (????). Ludicrous

We somehow catch wind of a “launch date” which apparently happens every season. It’s the first day of when a new season is launched. It’s always a weekday. The rules are: 1st come 1st serve; no waiting list; no appointments; no reservations. My cousin got her Chanel mini caviar years ago this way too. She took time off work and queued up for it and got her baby. I couldn’t make it as I was busy at work. So I just let it slide. My boyfriend really wanted me to get something that I liked. I told him not to but he went anyway. He arrived on launch day at the store at 9:42am. He was number 42 in the queue. Honestly it was so ridiculous I told him to go home. He still wanted to wait; he waited and waited. It’s just nonsensical and I kept telling him to go home but he said he was kiasu. At 3:30pm, he finally got in, and requested for the Chanel 19 in the colour I desired. They told him it was unavailable (of course). They showed other bags (unattractive ones like a Chanel boy with a handle) which were all not to my taste. He kept looking at other bags and miraculously, the lady SA suddenly said “oh we have the Chanel 19 you asked for”. She was probably too lazy to layan him further. So like that, I got the Chanel 19 black of my dreams. It’s obvious that they had it in stock all along (probably a lot in the back, in fact) but reserving them for their VIPs. When he was there, my boyfriend said he saw an SA coming down with many paperbags and sending them off to someone’s car (where the valet parking usually is). Which just shows that the whole “queue up, no appointment, no reservation” thing is bollocks. Exhibit A shows that one can just call in to purchase “if” the SA likes you. And how do you get an SA to “like” you? By fine jewellery.

SAs who I’ve tried contacting but to no avail:

R
met him circa 2017. Was helpful pre-covid and now zero response

R
he responded once with a “no stock”

N
zero response

——

C
zero response

T
responds-ish and “added” me on waitlists but almost a year, still nothing (not surprised if my name isn’t actually on it)

S
zero response

G
during lockdown, she responded a little but once the stores were open again, no response

I’m sure I have contacted more but can’t recall

That’s all I have experienced for now! Not that I’m a veteran when it comes to Chanel (still a neophyte), but happy to answer any questions of you have any

PS: I’m certain that Chanel SAs in KLCC and across the globe, sell to resellers hence genuine customers like ourselves lose out

PPS: I do not advocate or purchase from resellers so any questions about resellers, I’m afraid I won’t be able to advise
I thought Chanel wanted to stop resellers from buying all their stock? Since resellers will jack up the prices. But if I was corporate Chanel, I wouldn’t care who I sold to as long as the items are sold. Does anyone know the biggest size that the slingback shoes come in that the Malaysia Store stocks?

Hi everyone!!!

I was browsing around, and stumble with the website "Share in Asia".
Are they... legit? I mean, they claim they sell only authentic items verified by Entrupy. Their store is in Desa Parkcity.
But the prices are... too good to be true.
Check this and let me know your thoughts, please.

Hi fellow Chanel lovers! Am new to Purseforum but been eyeing a Chanel Mini Flap (Black GHW) for months. Was wondering if anyone has any experience getting them from the KLCC store as I'm looking to get one for my birthday - do I need to put my name on the waitlist or can I walk in to get one? How long will the wait be and will SA sell them to a first-time Chanel customer or all Chanel Mini Flaps are usually snapped up by VIPs first?
From observation and experience , Chanel do go by waiting list to some extend. But having a purchase history definitely helps getting bag faster..

Sneak peak

Attachments

• 20220629_062433.jpg
    20220629_062433.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220629_062426.jpg
    20220629_062426.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220629_062421.jpg
    20220629_062421.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220629_062344.jpg
    20220629_062344.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220629_062441.jpg
    20220629_062441.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220629_062433.jpg
    20220629_062433.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220629_062426.jpg
    20220629_062426.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220629_062421.jpg
    20220629_062421.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220629_062355.jpg
    20220629_062355.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220629_062344.jpg
    20220629_062344.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: TPFer2015
Hi, would just like to put it out here to avoid De Luxury Paradise reseller.

I have put the review below on their fb page;

I wished I had read the reviews here before I purchase my bag from De Luxury Paradise.
Seller listed a bag with a condition 'like new'. However, upon receiving the bag, the bag is obviously in a very well used condition. The bag was overall discoloured unevenly, there were permanent dents to the quilting which I am not able to rectify and there were permanent creases from constant opening of the bag which just mean that the bag had obviously been well used.
Clearly, seller was not honest in disclosing such information. Even with such dishonesty in the post, seller obviously refused to refund. I would say, buy at your own risk.