The Make-up Cases Reveal

lionlaw

Jul 13, 2007
Sorry it has taken so long to post, but the puppies are a full time job.

Here are pics of my makeup cases. Crackled gold leather, black fabric interior, brushed gold hardware.

beasley026.jpg

beasley016.jpg

beasley017.jpg

beasley018.jpg

beasley019.jpg

beasley020.jpg

beasley021.jpg

Nice set! I like it. The leather is also unusual and striking.

Will you say the smaller size can be used as a clutch? Is there room for a mobile, small coin purse and a lipstick?
The large one looks big!

Yeah..true statement...puppies take a lot of time!!!! I have two 6 month'ers plus three grown ups, but the pups..omg....at the end of the day...I'm pooped....lol

I really like these. In fact, I will probably be getting a few in the cracked leathers for Christmas gifts.

Is there any way for you to do a size reference? Either pictures or just a description of what can fit in either size. Thanks!

Dang. You weren't kidding when you said the slots were small! Holy cow! Still, beautiful choice in leather LL (as always). Which one was it that you said could be used as a clutch?

The larger one is bigger than my LUKA. The smaller one is bigger than the wristlet. So both could be used for clutches. Will try to post a modeling shot or some comparison shots later.

irainei Yes, the slots are ridiculously small. Not to rant, but I just wondered who tested this. The big long side pocket flops down and the slots on the other side are unusable for any of my lipsticks and glosses.

These are really pretty, but the slots don't seem done well. I hope they fix them.

I like these a lot- perfect to use as a clutch, but a lot less expensive than a proper clutch.

Love the leather, LL. Is it the same cracked gold as in the Lookbook because they look more like Rose Gold? ITA..those slots are weird. Not evenly spaced and too small to fit anything except a lip pencil...a mini one from Sephora. Has anyone given Maria any feedback on this? Even a minor ajustment of perhaps two slots instead of four, simply stitching the pocket in half rather than in quarter might make a difference. Would they be deep and long enough to fit or would the entire length and width have to be rethought..maybe about 1/4" longer and wider?

The problem might be that there are so many variations in size and shape of lipsticks and glosses. Just look at Dior, Lancome, Guerlain, Laura Mercier, Shisheido, Aveda, Burt's Bees..square, oval, long, squat. Who knows what criteria was used to measure the slots. Maybe just a pocket with a magnet would be better. Could use some reinforcement or some "framing" or something.???? I would have to actually see it IRL to know how to explain what might need to be done.

But, overall, the shape and design is pleasing...and they would make gorgeous clutches....oh lord..deliver me from temptation.

even lip glosses don't fit?? wow.

These are crazy gorgeous, thanks so much for these wonderful pics, they are like art!! LOVE this leather. Hmm, wonder if there is any left over for a small makeup case.