The Magnificent Melie Hobo Club

I returned my Melie with the "crooked pockets" that I purchased online to a store. There were two Melie bags in the store. Of course the one they put on display showed perfect canvas alignment and I went back home with that Melie representing excellent craftsmanship! Super happy girl!! Yay!!! I also purchased a bandolier strap in mono/black to use with Melie too!!

I returned my Melie with the "crooked pockets" that I purchased online to a store. There were two Melie bags in the store. Of course the one they put on display showed perfect canvas alignment and I went back home with that Melie representing excellent craftsmanship! Super happy girl!! Yay!!! I also purchased a bandolier strap in mono/black to use with Melie too!!

Wow! Can you post pics of the mono/black strap on the Melie please?

Reactions: nolawyerjokes
Hello Melie lovers! I just signed in and this is my very first post in this forum :biggrin:
I hopelessly fell in love with the Melie when it came out in MC, but didn't purchase it yet because of the corner issues...
When the Emp versions came out the Marine/Rouge completely took my breath away, so gorgeous. But I'm so damn scared of corner wear and the leather rubbing of, totally creeps me out! I sold my Metis Hobo in MC on a whim, 'cause I needed the money. Yeah, stupid, I know :sad:
Now I miss a hobo in my collection and I think the Melie would be perfect for me. Can anyone who has been using the Empreinte Melie for a while tell me if corner wear is something I should be worried about? Or should I go for the Metis Hobo in Emp instead? I've never heard of any problems with the Metis. And I do like the Metis Hobo in Aube quite a bit. Ugh, decisions...Need help from you guys. TIA

Hello Melie lovers! I just signed in and this is my very first post in this forum :biggrin:
I hopelessly fell in love with the Melie when it came out in MC, but didn't purchase it yet because of the corner issues...
When the Emp versions came out the Marine/Rouge completely took my breath away, so gorgeous. But I'm so damn scared of corner wear and the leather rubbing of, totally creeps me out! I sold my Metis Hobo in MC on a whim, 'cause I needed the money. Yeah, stupid, I know :sad:
Now I miss a hobo in my collection and I think the Melie would be perfect for me. Can anyone who has been using the Empreinte Melie for a while tell me if corner wear is something I should be worried about? Or should I go for the Metis Hobo in Emp instead? I've never heard of any problems with the Metis. And I do like the Metis Hobo in Aube quite a bit. Ugh, decisions...Need help from you guys. TIA

I have not had any corner wear on my empreinte Melie (in Marine Rouge), but I just got it in February, so it's still relatively new. I have the Artsy in Aube from 2011 and it does have some corner wear. I think it's inevitable. If you think it will bother you, it's probably best to pass. Personally, it does not take away from my enjoyment of the bag and I still think she's beautiful!

Reactions: patitaloca
Thanks PoodleMom, for your reply. I do love the Melie and the Metis, but my budget does not allow getting both...
The corner wear does scare me, but it probably won't keep me from purchsing one of them. Just have to decide which one (maybe I should flip a coin?).
I've seen the pics from your Mélie and I love that they gave you the cherry strap. Makes her unique and special :smile:
Do you use your Mélie often/daily or just on special occasions? I'm usually super careful with my bags, but I don't baby them. I've used my Evora MM in DE most days for about two months straight now and I'm pretty rough with her... She takes it without any complaints and still looks like new after all the abuse, love her :heart:. The Mélie (or Metis?) will be my first Empreinte piece and I just want to be 100% sure before spending almost 2k on a bag. Everyone I know thinks I'm completely nuts...
Thanks again for your Input, PoodleMom.

Thanks PoodleMom, for your reply. I do love the Melie and the Metis, but my budget does not allow getting both...
The corner wear does scare me, but it probably won't keep me from purchsing one of them. Just have to decide which one (maybe I should flip a coin?).
I've seen the pics from your Mélie and I love that they gave you the cherry strap. Makes her unique and special :smile:
Do you use your Mélie often/daily or just on special occasions? I'm usually super careful with my bags, but I don't baby them. I've used my Evora MM in DE most days for about two months straight now and I'm pretty rough with her... She takes it without any complaints and still looks like new after all the abuse, love her :heart:. The Mélie (or Metis?) will be my first Empreinte piece and I just want to be 100% sure before spending almost 2k on a bag. Everyone I know thinks I'm completely nuts...
Thanks again for your Input, PoodleMom.

Thanks! I love the cherry strap, too :smile: I use her almost daily. I have a tote I use for work, but I only have to be in the office 2 days/week, so I carry my Melie 5 days/week. I have quite a few Empreinte pieces and it is a very durable material. I buy my bags to use them, so I don't baby them (though I'm not reckless either!). I really have had no issues thus far.

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered the Mélie in Marine Rouge last night! She is supposed to arrive on Monday *super excited* :yahoo:
Just can't get her out of my head. I hope I'll love her IRL as much as I do in all the pictures.
Thanks PoodleMom, you've been really helpful, I needed one final push to just go for it. What can it hurt, right?
Is it Monday yet...?