The Magnificent Melie Hobo Club

Asking for assistance!
This is the Melie bag I purchased online through the website and received last week. Are the crinkles in the short strap, normal or should I be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,091
Asking for assistance!
This is the Melie bag I purchased online through the website and received last week. Are the crinkles in the short strap, normal or should I be concerned?
I have one and mine doesn't look like this either. Yours looks like the strap on the Duomo that I first purchased when it first came out. I returned it and waited about 6 months and then purchased it again. The second bag is fine. Don't let the store tell you it is 'normal'. It is not and that's what they told me when I returned the Duomo! I suggest you get them to replace it soon; if you don't, every time you look at the strap it's going to drive you crazy. These bags are an investment and not cheap, so they should be perfect from the start.

Reactions: Bonjourkiana
I've had my melie about 5 weeks and the corners are already rubbed and you can see little holes, I took it to LV and the SA said they would exchange it but when she took it to her manager she said she wants it to "go to quality" so she kept it and will let me know in 1-2 weeks.. anybody have this happen?

I've had my melie about 5 weeks and the corners are already rubbed and you can see little holes, I took it to LV and the SA said they would exchange it but when she took it to her manager she said she wants it to "go to quality" so she kept it and will let me know in 1-2 weeks.. anybody have this happen?

Not yet...that was the reason why at first I was hesitated in buying it...but I just loved it too much & took a chance. I'm on week 3 on the bag now.

Yes, I had 3 different bags before I gave up on the Melie.

They had to keep your bag to get it approved to replace? Thats where Im confused, It's clearly rubbed but they aren't making the exchange easy.
Mine was replaced on the spot. I exchanged for the bagatelle. I was hoping they had this issue fixed by now because I want to try another one.

I have one and mine doesn't look like this either. Yours looks like the strap on the Duomo that I first purchased when it first came out. I returned it and waited about 6 months and then purchased it again. The second bag is fine. Don't let the store tell you it is 'normal'. It is not and that's what they told me when I returned the Duomo! I suggest you get them to replace it soon; if you don't, every time you look at the strap it's going to drive you crazy. These bags are an investment and not cheap, so they should be perfect from the start.

How are the corners of your bag holding up? After reading about the dilemmas of the other Melie bags, it is making me nervous. Thank you!