The magic of H 4 years on!

Jun 5, 2007
Hello ladies, some of you might remember me from a few years back when I was a more prolific poster! I'm afraid I tend to just lurk now a days and drool over the lovely pics. Anyway I just wanted to remark on the wonder that is Hermes and all their lovely goodies. Through the help of some old PF members I was able to acquire my lovely lovely Prune GM III Evelyne, this was 4 years ago this coming weekend. And I would just like to say she looks as good now as she did 4 years ago. OK I don't use her all the time in fact I'm ashamed to say I don't use her very often at all. I love her but usually end up using my Picotin. However when I do use her I love her to death and I usually see some admiring glances. Have had many a "nice bag" comment from people who don't know Hermes (same happens with the pico too). Have to say as well that I simply love to stare at my Evelyne I get such enjoyment from just admiring the beauty and quality and craftsmanship. Now how many bags can one say they are happy to stare at for 4 years?!! That to me is part of the joy of owning a luxury good such as Hermes. And I know you will all know what I'm talking about. I know I should use her more and I am trying too, this year whenever the weather is right I will use her! A picture of my beautiful Evelyne can be found on the "ode to the Evelyne" thread post 390. Thanks for reading :biggrin:

^^^Hi there, good to see you!

I know exactly what you mean; my older H bags, 3 Kellys and a Plume, are about 20 years old, and I'm not using them much nowadays either, but when I look at them I get butterflies in my stomach like I did when I first bought them!

littleblackbag,
Has it been 4 years? I still remember vividly the reveal of your Prune Evelyn. Your joy was just so infectious and your Evelyn sparked off the beginning of my H journey!

I myself hunted high and low for a prune Evelyn and my sister found a PM prune evelyn PM in San Diego. It has since been an unstoppable slippery slope.

Thank you again for sharing your H journey and joy with us. Do share more. Miss your cheerful smile:drinkup:

Thanks duna, and thanks for reading and sharing :flowers:

I can't believe its 4 years either bagalogist! I remember you asking me about the Evelyne, so glad you found one (the Prunes were quite tricky to get of hold of for a while weren't they?) and am very happy to have started you on your H journey. You have quite an enviable collection now. x

I remember your Evelyne, such a gorgeous bag and the perfect match for you! I am glad to see you posting, and I hope you are doing great!

The good old days were so much fun! I miss so many of the lovely members who used to post, we had so much fun.

Hello ladies, some of you might remember me from a few years back when I was a more prolific poster! I'm afraid I tend to just lurk now a days and drool over the lovely pics. Anyway I just wanted to remark on the wonder that is Hermes and all their lovely goodies. Through the help of some old PF members I was able to acquire my lovely lovely Prune GM III Evelyne, this was 4 years ago this coming weekend. And I would just like to say she looks as good now as she did 4 years ago. OK I don't use her all the time in fact I'm ashamed to say I don't use her very often at all. I love her but usually end up using my Picotin. However when I do use her I love her to death and I usually see some admiring glances. Have had many a "nice bag" comment from people who don't know Hermes (same happens with the pico too). Have to say as well that I simply love to stare at my Evelyne I get such enjoyment from just admiring the beauty and quality and craftsmanship. Now how many bags can one say they are happy to stare at for 4 years?!! That to me is part of the joy of owning a luxury good such as Hermes. And I know you will all know what I'm talking about. I know I should use her more and I am trying too, this year whenever the weather is right I will use her! A picture of my beautiful Evelyne can be found on the "ode to the Evelyne" thread post 390. Thanks for reading :biggrin:

Hi nice to see u bac here
Hope u join us again
Cheers

I remember your Evelyne, such a gorgeous bag and the perfect match for you! I am glad to see you posting, and I hope you are doing great!

The good old days were so much fun! I miss so many of the lovely members who used to post, we had so much fun.

I miss the good old days too Kat. We did have fun! Sometimes we were a bit naughty though ;)

Hi! So sweet of you to share what's in your heart - I love these stories, a little nostalgic, a little excitement and more than a little love for Hermes. Thank you