The magic of H 4 years on!

Jun 5, 2007
Hello ladies, some of you might remember me from a few years back when I was a more prolific poster! I'm afraid I tend to just lurk now a days and drool over the lovely pics. Anyway I just wanted to remark on the wonder that is Hermes and all their lovely goodies. Through the help of some old PF members I was able to acquire my lovely lovely Prune GM III Evelyne, this was 4 years ago this coming weekend. And I would just like to say she looks as good now as she did 4 years ago. OK I don't use her all the time in fact I'm ashamed to say I don't use her very often at all. I love her but usually end up using my Picotin. However when I do use her I love her to death and I usually see some admiring glances. Have had many a "nice bag" comment from people who don't know Hermes (same happens with the pico too). Have to say as well that I simply love to stare at my Evelyne I get such enjoyment from just admiring the beauty and quality and craftsmanship. Now how many bags can one say they are happy to stare at for 4 years?!! That to me is part of the joy of owning a luxury good such as Hermes. And I know you will all know what I'm talking about. I know I should use her more and I am trying too, this year whenever the weather is right I will use her! A picture of my beautiful Evelyne can be found on the "ode to the Evelyne" thread post 390. Thanks for reading :biggrin:

duna

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
^^^Hi there, good to see you!

I know exactly what you mean; my older H bags, 3 Kellys and a Plume, are about 20 years old, and I'm not using them much nowadays either, but when I look at them I get butterflies in my stomach like I did when I first bought them!

bagalogist

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
H Land
littleblackbag,
Has it been 4 years? I still remember vividly the reveal of your Prune Evelyn. Your joy was just so infectious and your Evelyn sparked off the beginning of my H journey!

I myself hunted high and low for a prune Evelyn and my sister found a PM prune evelyn PM in San Diego. It has since been an unstoppable slippery slope.

Thank you again for sharing your H journey and joy with us. Do share more. Miss your cheerful smile:drinkup:

Jun 5, 2007
Thanks duna, and thanks for reading and sharing :flowers:

I can't believe its 4 years either bagalogist! I remember you asking me about the Evelyne, so glad you found one (the Prunes were quite tricky to get of hold of for a while weren't they?) and am very happy to have started you on your H journey. You have quite an enviable collection now. x

lala28

Mar 17, 2010
USA, Texas
Hi littleblackbag,

What a wonderful treasure you have - not only special in and of itself, but with a special memory too.

lovely64

LunAtic
O.G.
Nov 17, 2006
Europe
I remember your Evelyne, such a gorgeous bag and the perfect match for you! I am glad to see you posting, and I hope you are doing great!

The good old days were so much fun! I miss so many of the lovely members who used to post, we had so much fun.

bagidiotic

Apr 10, 2012
sunshine island
Hello ladies, some of you might remember me from a few years back when I was a more prolific poster! I'm afraid I tend to just lurk now a days and drool over the lovely pics. Anyway I just wanted to remark on the wonder that is Hermes and all their lovely goodies. Through the help of some old PF members I was able to acquire my lovely lovely Prune GM III Evelyne, this was 4 years ago this coming weekend. And I would just like to say she looks as good now as she did 4 years ago. OK I don't use her all the time in fact I'm ashamed to say I don't use her very often at all. I love her but usually end up using my Picotin. However when I do use her I love her to death and I usually see some admiring glances. Have had many a "nice bag" comment from people who don't know Hermes (same happens with the pico too). Have to say as well that I simply love to stare at my Evelyne I get such enjoyment from just admiring the beauty and quality and craftsmanship. Now how many bags can one say they are happy to stare at for 4 years?!! That to me is part of the joy of owning a luxury good such as Hermes. And I know you will all know what I'm talking about. I know I should use her more and I am trying too, this year whenever the weather is right I will use her! A picture of my beautiful Evelyne can be found on the "ode to the Evelyne" thread post 390. Thanks for reading :biggrin:
Hi nice to see u bac here
Hope u join us again
Cheers

Jun 5, 2007
I remember your Evelyne, such a gorgeous bag and the perfect match for you! I am glad to see you posting, and I hope you are doing great!

The good old days were so much fun! I miss so many of the lovely members who used to post, we had so much fun.
I miss the good old days too Kat. We did have fun! Sometimes we were a bit naughty though ;)

Jun 5, 2007
Hi nice to see u bac here
Hope u join us again
Cheers
I'm still here just don't contribute much anymore. I learnt so much from this forum when I first dipped into the world of Hermes and I wouldn't have what I have now if it hadn't been for this place (I might be better off though).