The LV AT thread

Jul 3, 2006
RED FLAG #1: The outer full tab says LOUIS VUITTON but right underneath I don't see anything.. The "made in" stamp should be right underneath.

RED FLAG #2: The are no pictures of the bag on the inside!

I would ask the seller for additional pictures of those two areas.

As a longtime member of the forum, just a gentle request. The authenticators on this thread are true experts in what they do. It's really damaging to members trying to get expert advice on authenticity of LV items when someone attempts to be an authenticator when they don't have knowledge to be able to do do. This person could have lost out on an authentic bag because of your post, so I concur with the authenticators in asking you to be careful posting here as an authenticator without the necessary knowledge to do so. We rely very heavily on their wonderful expertise and generosity in helping us and someone might not realize you aren't one of the authenticators and base their purchase, on non-purchase on wrong information from someone that doesn't have the appropriate knowledge which isn't fair to the rest of the members and could also make a situation where people are afraid to come here for help. I've been buying LV for 30 years, but I still defer in every way to our wonderful authenticators here for their expertise. I know they've asked you not to try to authenticate with out requisite knowledge but I'm also asking as a member of the forum on behalf of the people coming here for true expert help. I know you were trying to help, and I'm not trying to downplay that, but sometimes a "little" knowledge can be worse than letting the experts do what they do graciously and wonderfully do best.

Last edited:
As a longtime member of the forum, just a gentle request. The authenticators on this thread are true experts in what they do. It's really damaging to members trying to get expert advice on authenticity of LV items when someone attempts to be an authenticator when they don't have knowledge to be able to do do. This person could have lost out on an authentic bag because of your post, so I concur with the authenticators in asking you to be careful posting here as an authenticator without the necessary knowledge to do so. We rely very heavily on their wonderful expertise and generosity in helping us and someone might not realize you aren't one of the authenticators and base their purchase, on non-purchase on wrong information from someone that doesn't have the appropriate knowledge which isn't fair to the rest of the members and could also make a situation where people are afraid to come here for help. I've been buying LV for 30 years, but I still defer in every way to our wonderful authenticators here for their expertise. I know they've asked you not to try to authenticate with out requisite knowledge but I'm also asking as a member of the forum on behalf of the people coming here for true expert help. I know you were trying to help, and I'm not trying to downplay that, but sometimes a "little" knowledge can be worse than letting the experts do what they do graciously and wonderfully do best.

I have already apologized. Clearly it wasn't a malicious attempt to screw someone over.

I have already apologized. Clearly it wasn't a malicious attempt to screw someone over.

Wow. No one said it was. No need to be defensive. We have specific expert authenticators on this thread and I thought perhaps you weren't aware of that. Someone could still take incorrect information to heart is all.

You are a new member and have been posting in the authenticate this forum as if you were one of the authenticators, and giving a fair amount of wrong information in the process, and acting as if you have the requisite expertise to "flag" items. You are also giving opinions on condition which is so not done and which the authenticators specifically do not do per the rules. It's not fair to members who rely on this thread and I thought perhaps you just didn't realize how this particular thread works and that it's not the same as other threads on the forum due to the nature of the knowledge and expertise needed. No one is saying you weren't trying to help, just that you maybe be a little more circumspect until you learn a little more about Louis Vuitton items as it could be damaging to someone relying on incorrect advice is all.

Helping is wonderful and that's a great thing. It just needs to go along with the correct expertise so people don't become confused and get false information. We all rely so much on the authenticators and some people may not realize you're new and don't really know about authenticity so that's just the worry. Welcome though!

Last edited:
Wow. No one said it was. No need to be defensive. We have specific expert authenticators on this thread and I thought perhaps you weren't aware of that. Someone could still take incorrect information to heart is all.

You just stated someone could have missed out on an authentic bag but I never deemed the bag as a fake. In April I bought my first LV speedy 25 and came onto this exact thread to authenticate it. I did my own research before purchasing and those were details I knew to look out for so that's the knowledge I shared.

You just stated someone could have missed out on an authentic bag but I never deemed the bag as a fake. In April I bought my first LV speedy 25 and came onto this exact thread to authenticate it. I did my own research before purchasing and those were details I knew to look out for so that's the knowledge I shared.

I think you're missing the point entirely so I'll leave this to the authenticators to address (since you are authenticating bags in more than one forum). It's best to let the regular authenticators handle authentications in the various authenticate this threads. You gave incorrect info as far as rivets and hot stamps as if these were flags. Please for the sake of members refrain is all, as they told you, if you don't know.
These aren't threads where all sorts of members give their "opinions." It's for real expert advice. I was trying to just gently let you know that these threads are a little different than others on the forum. If you have any questions please feel to PM me so we don't clog the thread since this isn't the place. I was just trying to explain how it works.

I think you're missing the point entirely so I'll leave this to the authenticators to address (since you are authenticating bags in more than one forum). It's best to let the regular authenticators handle authentications in the various authenticate this threads. You gave incorrect info as far as rivets and hot stamps as if these were flags. Please for the sake of members refrain is all, as they told you, if you don't know.
These aren't threads where all sorts of members give their "opinions." It's for real expert advice. I was trying to just gently let you know that these threads are a little different than others on the forum. If you have any questions please feel to PM me so we don't clog the thread since this isn't the place. I was just trying to explain how it works.

I understand hence why I apologized already.

No need at all for apologies. It's great to try to help, it's just that those threads are a little different. Again, welcome!

+1 :goodpost: I totally agree! It can be so confusing to Members who are unaware who the Authenticators (Volunteers) are.

As a New Helper on the AT Thread (around 6 - 7 Months), believe me when I say the other "Experts" make Authenticating look easy. It is Not, and it's certainly not for the faint hearted! I never watch YT or other such rubbish! because too me, it is rubbish! Every-one is an "Expert!" and nearly all are so wrong! Expertise come's with Knowledge and Experience and that can take years to Learn, and countless, Endless Authentications. I learn new things every day, so when and/or/if I ever stop learning, is when I will question myself! I am thinking maybe Never? :girlsigh: