The Luxury Closet???

Anytime you order from abroad and have it shipped, be prepared to pay additional import taxes that will be calculated as a percentage of said item's purchase price.

What does it depend on? I've purchased online from Harper in Ireland, from Farfetch in Italy and from the Chinese Louboutin boutique in Hong Kong, and wasn't charged any duties on those purchases...

What does it depend on? I've purchased online from Harper in Ireland, from Farfetch in Italy and from the Chinese Louboutin boutique in Hong Kong, and wasn't charged any duties on those purchases...
Anytime I've purchased online, the item will arrive and I have to pick it up at the depot or post office and before they pass it over I have to sign and then pay the import tax. I can only speak from my own personal experience, but its always been like this for me. The only time I catch a break is if I physically travel out of country and then bring back items I bought abroad so long as they are within the limit.

Anytime I've purchased online, the item will arrive and I have to pick it up at the depot or post office and before they pass it over I have to sign and then pay the import tax. I can only speak from my own personal experience, but its always been like this for me. The only time I catch a break is if I physically travel out of country and then bring back items I bought abroad so long as they are within the limit.

How large are usually those import taxes? Is it like a third of the cost?

Oh heck no, I'm thinking it's around 5-10% of the item's value. Here's a link to a website that's helpful and more specific: http://www.dutycalculator.com/count...-taxes-when-importing-into-the-United-States/

Oh, goodness! Thank you so much! 5-10% doesn't sound bad at all! I was scared because I once shipped a pair of shoes to Italy for repairs, and I insured them for their full cost ($2800) and the customs wanted me to pay over a 1000 dollars for export! I feel much better now, though. Thank you very-very much for sharing! :smile:

Oh, goodness! Thank you so much! 5-10% doesn't sound bad at all! I was scared because I once shipped a pair of shoes to Italy for repairs, and I insured them for their full cost ($2800) and the customs wanted me to pay over a 1000 dollars for export! I feel much better now, though. Thank you very-very much for sharing! :smile:
Most welcome :biggrin:

Ok, I just wanted to update this thread with an answer to the author's question, since I just received my order from The Luxury Closet.
The experience was great!
Customer service was very fast with their responses to all of my questions, and the shoes that I ordered were delivered to me within 3 days! To be honest, I am shocked by how fast they got here - just yesterday they were scanned inbound in Italy, and today at 10am the FedEx courier knocked on my door with the precious box 😍
And, surprisingly, no duties 😀
I would definitely purchase from them again! Great service!
P.S. I'm in California

Hi! I was wondering if any of you have any experience with purchasing from The Luxury Closet, based out of Dubai. Is it legit, authentic? How was your experience with your order, delivery, and returns?
Thanks! :smile:

Hi!!anyone bought a bag in The luxury closet? Please can you help me, I’m planning to purchase a bag but I’m not sure because the duties and taxes...if you can help me...thank you!