The love for your animals

Mar 2, 2008
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to say that I love my two 15 month old chihuahuas, Mia and Chanel, more than life itself. I find myself thinking about them constantly when I am away from them and looking at their pictures in my phone constantly. My two get kisses and cuddles constantly from me and they are literally like my children. They watch cartoons and they love Garfield, especially Mia. They actually watch attentively whenever Garfield comes on t.v. Whenever I have time, I want to buy a Garfield movie for them. Do you all feel like your pets are your children and do you do special things for them?

goons.jpg

mommyface.jpg

The first picture is a pic of my two babies and the second one is sideways of Mia looking at Odie on the computer screen.

How cute!

I can definitely relate to the idea of pets being like children. I don't have any children, but my new 4 month old Springer Spaniel puppy is like a baby to me. I worry about him all the time and I like to buy him toys to surprise him with when I come home. My husband says I spoil him, but he's worth it!

Aw, they're so cute! My chi (Chiquita) likes to follow me around the house as I do housework. She even follows me in the bathroom! When I sit in my recliner she jumps up and sits in between me & the chair. Chiquita is very tiny (2 1/2 lbs) so sometimes I carry her around the house with me, she loves it! My DH tells me my bond with her is not normal, lol!

No, not like children. I mean, I love them to bits, I'll do anything that makes them as comfortable and happy as they can be, and I'll be completely devastated when one day they're not here anymore, but I don't compare them to humans. They are animals, and I think of them as animals and I treat them like animals, not like humans. I don't think you're doing yourself or your animals a favour by thinking of them as children.

With our children grown, I find that I spend more time on my dog and think about him more. When the kids were little I was too busy to give a lot of attention to our dogs, though they were always well-cared for and had the benefit of children to play with them. As long as a person doesn't ignore regular social contact to just spend time with their pets, I see nothing wrong with it.

I treat animals as I do children, for the most part. I love to baby-talk them and hug them close. My furry friends are such a blessing in my life as they always show unconditional love and they are so loyal. Nothing makes me smile more than waking up to a wet nose on my cheek :hbeat:

No, not like children. I mean, I love them to bits, I'll do anything that makes them as comfortable and happy as they can be, and I'll be completely devastated when one day they're not here anymore, but I don't compare them to humans. They are animals, and I think of them as animals and I treat them like animals, not like humans. I don't think you're doing yourself or your animals a favour by thinking of them as children.

ITA. I am crazy about my dogs, I have spent more than $10,000 on chemotherapy for one, and they want for nothing, whether my love and attention, or good vet care. Some sleep in bed with us. I went hysterical when one was diagnosed with an incurable cancer. But I, too, treat them like dogs. They are members of a pack, I am the leader, they behave like dogs, not like people. No disrespect meant to anyone here, this is just my way with my dogs.

I consider my dog as my baby :love: I, however, also discipline her when needed and taught her numerous lessons and tricks. She's a very smart dog. Buuuuuut, she's very very spoiled to my mum, much like a first granddaughter would be towards her grandparents. :roflmfao:

I love my bunny and consider her my baby :P Im always thinking and talking about her. She puts a huge smile on my face. When she does something bad, she gets grounded for like a week ahaha. If you go through my phone, nothing but pictures of her :hbeat:

*****ychinky said:
I love my bunny and consider her my baby :P Im always thinking and talking about her. She puts a huge smile on my face. When she does something bad, she gets grounded for like a week ahaha. If you go through my phone, nothing but pictures of her :hbeat:

Aww! I think I might have more pictures of my cat on my iPhone than I do of my DH!