The LOEWE thread: Share your love here!

mcdordor

Jan 8, 2021
My order is at the “clearance event” on the DHL tracking site, then I got an automated phone call from DHL telling me to clear it online. This is my first time being asked to do this, plus first time ordering from Loewe site. The price I paid already included tax and duty fee according to the receipt, now I am worried having to pay duty on top of duty. Has anybody been through this when ordering online?

dessertdays

Jul 7, 2020
My order is at the “clearance event” on the DHL tracking site, then I got an automated phone call from DHL telling me to clear it online. This is my first time being asked to do this, plus first time ordering from Loewe site. The price I paid already included tax and duty fee according to the receipt, now I am worried having to pay duty on top of duty. Has anybody been through this when ordering online?
I'm in the US, but my bag shipped from HK - also got this sometime last week and I had to fill out a form giving them my SSN. I don't think they'll charge duties, because I had a DHL order before from a reseller that didn't include duties, and for that, DHL sends you an email telling you to review the duty calculation/documents and pay for it online.

That said, my customs status after submitting this info was updated on Wednesday, but it's back to a second clearance event (it was supposed to arrive on Thursday), which is quite annoying.

mcdordor

Jan 8, 2021
I'm in the US, but my bag shipped from HK - also got this sometime last week and I had to fill out a form giving them my SSN. I don't think they'll charge duties, because I had a DHL order before from a reseller that didn't include duties, and for that, DHL sends you an email telling you to review the duty calculation/documents and pay for it online.

That said, my customs status after submitting this info was updated on Wednesday, but it's back to a second clearance event (it was supposed to arrive on Thursday), which is quite annoying.
Thanks! That's good to know. I just found it weird they are asking me to provide additional info which I think should already be stated on the package.

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Canada
Try calling the Loewe outlet stores in the US. In my desperation, that's what I did. I got a medium Puzzle in Scarlet Red at the Desert Hills Outlet. I paid $1,740. A medium normally is $2,900. Price range for small is $1,500 to 1,700 depending on the style/color.

The two outlets are Desert Hills and Woodbury. I can send you the lady who helped me at Desert Hills.

Happy hunting!
I'm from Canada though so I guess buying from US will get me extra custom / duties? Or do they even ship outside of US?

pursekitten

Aug 1, 2018
Definite FOMO about the puzzle bags, had the opportunity and hesitated and they all sold. :sad:
This is so me, too! I literally had the Loewe puzzle in my cart and hesitated and it sold out :sad: Ah well.
Feelin this right now for the light caramel puzzle mini with gold-tone hardware! Two frustrating choices of my own making: A) The wait-and-see-for-a-sale game or B) Risky FOMO if it sells out first.

Reactions: Greentea

lumkeikei

O.G.
Jun 7, 2007
I am still waiting for my order to be shipped out... at least I can drool over all your purchases while I am waiting!

heartfelt

O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
los angeles, ca
Got my order today! The marquetry is just beautifully done! Now I’m kicking myself for not getting that hammock when I had the chance. :sad:

Also, no special packaging for my online order other than the sleeve for the cardholder’s box. I also received a packet of stickers with the heel bag and the shirt, but not with the cardholder.

I love everything, but the tshirt is not quite the fit I wanted so I’m thinking about going up a size. I’m bummed the clothing items are no longer available on the website. Seems like selfridges is the only website with the clothing items available?

1D41DB28-6374-4E33-A614-299ECB93E1D9.jpeg

1C0986D8-B968-4799-9549-B1BC1833D296.jpeg 12AED3F8-FF06-4C2B-AB3C-36F1D66F050C.jpeg C691C842-FB88-400F-9627-3CAAAE25E18C.jpeg 21C4F9E7-15B7-41C0-870A-CE4E999234D9.jpeg

Last edited:

waverlinda

O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
I'm from Canada though so I guess buying from US will get me extra custom / duties? Or do they even ship outside of US?
Not sure also. I'm not from the US. I just had it shipped to my US consolidator. Harder since you're in Canada. I know you can get US address where your stuff gets delivered and you can just cross the border to pick it up. But then with covid, it's going to be harder.

Reactions: fsadeli

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Canada
Not sure also. I'm not from the US. I just had it shipped to my US consolidator. Harder since you're in Canada. I know you can get US address where your stuff gets delivered and you can just cross the border to pick it up. But then with covid, it's going to be harder.
thank you! I'm not taking the risk since Canada duties and custom is such a pain, but thanks again!

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Canada
Got my order today! The marquetry is just beautifully done! Now I’m kicking myself for not getting that hammock when I had the chance. :sad:

Also, no special packaging for my online order other than the sleeve for the cardholder’s box. I also received a packet of stickers with the heel bag and the shirt, but not with the cardholder.

I love everything, but the tshirt is not quite the fit I wanted so I’m thinking about going up a size. I’m bummed the clothing items are no longer available on the website. Seems like selfridges is the only website with the clothing items available?

View attachment 4962379

View attachment 4962383 View attachment 4962384 View attachment 4962385 View attachment 4962386
I'm drooling❤

Reactions: heartfelt