The Loewe Puzzle

Well, I bit the bullet! My new small puzzle in black (classic calfskin). I love that the leather on this one has quite a bit of texture like the pebbled leather ones. I planned to buy it for myself but my husband ended up getting it for me as a gift for everything I've done being a new mom (we have a 16mo girl now!). I'd been looking at other bags for quite some time now (Celine belt bag was at the top of my list) because I was afraid the puzzle was "trendy" but I realize it suits my lifestyle and style the most. I love that it can be worn casual and is classic with just that little bit of edge.

I bought it at the Mitsukoshi department store in Ginza, Tokyo. They had an extra 5% discount for foreigners along with tax free (10% savings) so it came to about $3500CAD when it's $5100CAD after taxes here!

Question for those who live in wet climates (I think I saw a couple Vancouverites here??) did you apply any kind of rain repellant to it? Also any suggestions for internal organizers? I read some are taller and keep the bag super boxy-I want to maintain the structure of the bottom but still keep a bit of the slouch on top.

View attachment 5664306

View attachment 5664307

View attachment 5664308
I’m living in a tropical country now and my classic calf puzzles have been caught in the rain many times, and they still look sooooo good. No need for protectants. Just make sure you’re not soaking it in water! Drizzles and normal rain is fine.

Hi all! I'm currently visiting Japan and considering purchasing the small puzzle bag in black.

At the Loewe boutique I visited, they only had the black bag in a smoother leather (I believe it was in the classic calfskin vs satin based on the prices I'm seeing on the Japanese Loewe website-bit of a language barrier at the shop to explain the type of leather). I saw other colours of the bag came in a pebbled leather (soft grained calfskin?) which is more appealing to me as I have a toddler and want something as durable as possible, but they said black only comes in this smoother leather. Is this true in other countries as well? For those who have the classic calfskin, how does it hold up?
I have had a smooth for 2 years and it’s really easy to maintain. I can get off any light marks with a soft cloth and it patinas so beautifully. Have also worn with no issues in rain although I did an Apple Garde rain protectant

Question for those who live in wet climates (I think I saw a couple Vancouverites here??) did you apply any kind of rain repellant to it? Also any suggestions for internal organizers? I read some are taller and keep the bag super boxy-I want to maintain the structure of the bottom but still keep a bit of the slouch on top.

Someone here took their bag organizer and cut the front panel off that help with the slouch! They took a photo of it and posted it here -- creative way to maintain the structure but also the slouch! I just end up storing my bag with the organizer, and I take out the bag when I use it. I love when it turns into a little leather puddle when I carry it by it's top handle.

Reactions: Mikab and viewwing
Someone here took their bag organizer and cut the front panel off that help with the slouch! They took a photo of it and posted it here -- creative way to maintain the structure but also the slouch! I just end up storing my bag with the organizer, and I take out the bag when I use it. I love when it turns into a little leather puddle when I carry it by it's top handle.
Me too! I love my puxzzles with the slouch! Even my mini slouches! :biggrin:

Well, I bit the bullet! My new small puzzle in black (classic calfskin). I love that the leather on this one has quite a bit of texture like the pebbled leather ones. I planned to buy it for myself but my husband ended up getting it for me as a gift for everything I've done being a new mom (we have a 16mo girl now!). I'd been looking at other bags for quite some time now (Celine belt bag was at the top of my list) because I was afraid the puzzle was "trendy" but I realize it suits my lifestyle and style the most. I love that it can be worn casual and is classic with just that little bit of edge.

I bought it at the Mitsukoshi department store in Ginza, Tokyo. They had an extra 5% discount for foreigners along with tax free (10% savings) so it came to about $3500CAD when it's $5100CAD after taxes here!

View attachment 5664306

View attachment 5664307

View attachment 5664308
Whoaaa congrats!!! :heart: :heart: She's such a beauty, and makes a wonderful gift! That's kinda what I like with Loewe's smooth calfskin; it still has some kind of textures similar to the pebbled version, but it's smooth to the touch
I have mine in stone blue color and put no rain repellent on it (even accidentally spilled some water inside the bag the other day, which I only need to pull out the lining to let it dry out and voila, looking just like the day I got it) and yes, I live in Raincouver. I never intentionally carry it out whenever it's heavy-raining outside, but I knew if I'm out-and-about and it happened to rain, I could always count on it! It's the best feeling not to worry so much about a nicer bag

Does anyone have good options for a wider strap on the small puzzle in sand? I'm having trouble finding good options that don't cost $600. As much as I love the anagram strap, it's hard to justify spending that amount on just a strap..

Does anyone have good options for a wider strap on the small puzzle in sand? I'm having trouble finding good options that don't cost $600. As much as I love the anagram strap, it's hard to justify spending that amount on just a strap..
Maybe have a look at longchamp straps? They’ve got good quality ones at a nicer price.

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
This reminds me of when I took my husband window-shopping some time ago and he was baffled at the way puzzle bags look (to his eyes). I remember we were looking at some minis and smalls, and he said the leather doesn't feel like the one I have (which is a small puzzle bag from 2018/2019. It's the only bag that he ever shows his interest in from my collection, to a point where he would take the time to examine it closely,leather :biggrin:). I personally feel like it might have been just a matter of a worn bag vs brand-new bags, but who knows. A comparison side by side

About a year ago I tried to find a classic tan puzzle but gave up because the leather was inconsistent on each bag I looked at. There were mixed textures on each bag. I recently ordered the newer version without the white logo and the leather- is perfectly consistent- all smooth leather on all panels, so I would say the leather on this batch is better.

Is this a defect? I bought this mini puzzle in original al calf yesterday in the local boutique in Spain. I noticed the sag on the top left corner due to the more inward stitching on the left seam. The SA said this is normal and said this is the last piece. So I took it. But when I got home I googled many people’s unboxing, I saw most people’s mini don’t have such a prominent indent and curve. Would you return?
049E537B-42F3-4D68-BFC4-3290E500E549.jpeg

Is this a defect? I bought this mini puzzle in original al calf yesterday in the local boutique in Spain. I noticed the sag on the top left corner due to the more inward stitching on the left seam. The SA said this is normal and said this is the last piece. So I took it. But when I got home I googled many people’s unboxing, I saw most people’s mini don’t have such a prominent indent and curve. Would you return?
View attachment 5683180
To be honest, I think all puzzles get like that over time. My small puzzle is a few years old, and it’s definitely lost a lot of its shape. I personally like the slouchy, indented shape that it has now, rather than the more structured look it had originally. But if it bothers you, you should return it.

B203DC05-A8D1-454A-8442-CC23E169D67E.jpeg

Last edited: