The Loewe Puzzle

Has anyone seen the new puzzle fold pouch on the loewe site? Im curious about it, it looks very similar to the hammock hobo
wow i love this. i am a crossbody bag for everyday type of person and this looks like the perfect size. also like that the strap is detachable (edit i think i'm wrong. there's a ring on one side but not the other oh well).

will be hard to fight the urge to buy one before they inevitably increase the price

Reactions: klcar1
wow i love this. i am a crossbody bag for everyday type of person and this looks like the perfect size. also like that the strap is detachable (edit i think i'm wrong. there's a ring on one side but not the other oh well).

will be hard to fight the urge to buy one before they inevitably increase the price
I think it is completely removable as some of the pictures show no strap I think its a hook on one end and tied on the other

Reactions: _jlv
Has anyone seen the new puzzle fold pouch on the loewe site? Im curious about it, it looks very similar to the hammock hobo
I just got this in the mail today!

It's a cute, lightweight, and a good size for me to carry essentials. The interior is unlined so I think it probably won't hold it's shape as well the hammock hobo.

It took me a while to figure out how to attach the strap to wear it crossbody. It is possible but I don't think it'll work for everyone. I'm 160cm (5'3) and the pouch hits right at my hip.

I just got this in the mail today!

It's a cute, lightweight, and a good size for me to carry essentials. The interior is unlined so I think it probably won't hold it's shape as well the hammock hobo.

It took me a while to figure out how to attach the strap to wear it crossbody. It is possible but I don't think it'll work for everyone. I'm 160cm (5'3) and the pouch hits right at my hip.
Thanks for the update, would love to see pics

**Please note: I am not an authenticator, so please take my words with a grain of salt!** All I know is from my experience with my own Puzzle bags (authentic, from boutique), that I've handled for years. I can't speak about the medium Puzzle bags as I have never owned one, but I don't think that they are constructed differently from the small (in this way with the seam, at least).

Looking at your photo, I would have to say that it does not look authentic. Not only because of the extra seam/piece on the side of the zipper, but the grain pattern and luster of the leather seems too "shiny". The tab is also too straight/"flat" (I know, I'm probably not making any sense!)
I'm not sure how to explain it, but this is just my gut intuition. But again, these are just my two cents! If they have a good return policy, you could always order it and return it if you suspect it's fake.
I saved your posts regarding the extra seams as a reference for when I plan to buy a pre-loved medium puzzle. From what I have seen, the particular now-discontinued combination I'm after (medium size, beige with silver hardware) has the extra seams on every single piece I have found online and they are all in the same spot. Here are 3 different Ebay listings I'm considering from Japan where they are generally known to be quite accurate with authentication: 1, 2, 3.
And here are 3 separate Fashionphile listings which have the same extra seams:
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/loewe-calfskin-medium-puzzle-bag-light-oat-621381
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/loewe-calfskin-medium-puzzle-bag-light-oat-781516
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/loewe-calfskin-medium-puzzle-bag-light-oat-1144065
Based on your findings, would you suspect that all 6 of these bags are fake?

Random thought: has anyone ‘panic bought’ a Puzzle bag due to personal preference for the ‘old style’ classic calfskin? Am I ‘crazy’ to consider doing this?

I am now looking for a small Tan Puzzle bag (‘old-style’ Classic calfskin) for future overseas trip to Europe (the flap, the zipper and cross-body are wonderful for ‘peace of mind’ regarding potential pick-pocketting)

It has been a few years since I looked at the Loewe website so I know I am ‘out of the loop’, my apologies!

I looked at the Loewe website yesterday and it appears that they now refer to Puzzle Edge as ‘Classic calfskin’?

(I mean No offense to anyone who owns and loves the Puzzle Edge or what Loewe now calls ‘Classic’) :flowers:

I know they offer the ‘old style’ design of Puzzle but in a new type of leather ‘satin leather’ at a higher price point than their current model of Puzzle edge with Classic Calfskin?

I may have to drive to a Loewe store and see/touch the ‘satin leather’ in person!

Otherwise I might have to scour secondary sources/resellers for a Small Puzzle (‘OG’ style , classic calfskin)

Thank you for reading my musings :biggrin::heart::heart:

(I cannot share these thoughts with my family and friends who would not understand the depths of handbag/shoes obsession so thank you Everyone on TPF)

Reactions: WillWordForBags
Random thought: has anyone ‘panic bought’ a Puzzle bag due to personal preference for the ‘old style’ classic calfskin? Am I ‘crazy’ to consider doing this?

I am now looking for a small Tan Puzzle bag (‘old-style’ Classic calfskin) for future overseas trip to Europe (the flap, the zipper and cross-body are wonderful for ‘peace of mind’ regarding potential pick-pocketting)

It has been a few years since I looked at the Loewe website so I know I am ‘out of the loop’, my apologies!

I looked at the Loewe website yesterday and it appears that they now refer to Puzzle Edge as ‘Classic calfskin’?

(I mean No offense to anyone who owns and loves the Puzzle Edge or what Loewe now calls ‘Classic’) :flowers:

I know they offer the ‘old style’ design of Puzzle but in a new type of leather ‘satin leather’ at a higher price point than their current model of Puzzle edge with Classic Calfskin?

I may have to drive to a Loewe store and see/touch the ‘satin leather’ in person!

Otherwise I might have to scour secondary sources/resellers for a Small Puzzle (‘OG’ style , classic calfskin)

Thank you for reading my musings :biggrin::heart::heart:

(I cannot share these thoughts with my family and friends who would not understand the depths of handbag/shoes obsession so thank you Everyone on TPF)
Same same! Haha. Don’t want to drive my husband crazy. 🤪

Are we sure they’re discontinuing the classic puzzle? I mean, I keep seeing it all over the website. Maybe a lot of back stock?

Also, as far as leathers, it’s rather confusing. I see classic calfskin listed, as well as silk, shiny, mellow?, grained, satin, and even soft grained. I almost wished they named their leathers, like Hermès, or there was a resource somewhere describing the differences. (I mean, some seem obvious, but… would be nice to have an official guide.)

As far as pricing, I have noticed that leather interiors (Vs fabric) command a slight premium.

Oh, and finally, have you guys noticed that the newer versions of the “large” are slightly smaller than the older versions? Just by a few cm here and there. But still larger than the medium/no-label. Interesting. I have to say the original large was LARGE, especially on my frame. Curious to see if the “new” large is noticeably different.

Reactions: weezer
@weezer, I am a self-confessed "panic buyer" of the original Loewe Puzzle bags. I started with one Mini last spring, fell wildly, madly and deeply in love and added two more Minis and one Small. I have yet to wear the Small, but knew I simply had to have it for travel or days when I'd want to slip a small umbrella, water bottle, etc. into my bag. My purchases were directly from Loewe, Bergdorf Goodman & Neiman Marcus. My understanding is that there are lots of dupes (aka fakes) out there, and wanted to be sure not to wind up with one of them. Be careful not to wind up with a dupe, too.

As you may already know, these are handmade bags. The original is much more complex and labor intensive than the edge, thus takes longer to make. The original also folds flat for packing, a marvel for those who travel. Good luck on your hunt!

While it's a shame that you wouldn't be able to go to Europe to buy the puzzle you want at the Euro pricing, and if Loewe's website isn't listing it there's no way to check any remnant stock in boutiques, you could look up the tan classic puzzle at Saks

Reactions: 880 and weezer