The Loewe Hammock

@viewwing @antreyes03

My replacement small Loewe Hammock finally arrived from The Real Real! (RIP Lost mini Loewe Hammock, hopefully UPS finds you someday.) The color is darker than the photos, but the leather is buttery soft.

Question: Has anyone seen a "C" by their serial number before? My mini Puzzle doesn't have a "C" by the serial number.

I know that Hermes uses stars and horseshoes on their bags to signify different things, so I hope the "C" on this bag means something similar? Otherwise everything feels and smells right.

Love the bag!

View attachment 5834903View attachment 5834904View attachment 5834905View attachment 5834906
I have one with a star and it looks like it is an indication that the item was from a private sale or an outlet. Maybe they have different codes for different season's outlet stock or these so called private sales outside the boutique?

I had the mini before and unlike previous commenter, I couldn't wrap around my head using the bag without having some sort of worry looming at the back of my mind (bcs how open it is, the drawstring in my experience wasn't able to fully secure the opening, especially if I filled it to the brim). I guess it's also bcs I commuted with train a lot in the past. Now that I drive more, probably the mini would do just fine.

Currently have the small and it is my go-to work/ daily bag. Opening is much more secure IMO (bcs it folds) and I could manage to fit bigger stuff in dimension (A4 papers, Ipad pro, etc). It becomes a tote bag at that point and I don't mind some item sticking out.
I adore the compact size but I would suggest trying it in store with your stuff in it. I kinda notice the compact doesn't stay fold on its sides once the bag is full (from youtubers/ some posts here in PF) and tend to open up unless you secure the clasp. It probably has to do with how much you would want to carry.

Regarding the leather type, I have the soft grained and glad I went with that. My puzzles were all smooth calfskin and although the leather is as robust as the grained, I could imagine the mailability would cause structure lost in the Hammock faster, if it isn't stuffed properly (Fashionphile is the best reference for this, as you can see clear difference through time, of how the two leathers differ in wear). I also would imagine the smooth calfskin would wear better in compact size, as there is less surface area for it to lose shape overtime.
Thank you for sharing your perspective! I live in a very busy city and am always nervous about pick pocketers so the mini might make me nervous.

Do you use the small as a crossbody? My ideal way to carry a bag is crossbody so I think I would end up picking whichever size looks best as a crossbody, and I'm thinking that would be the mini but given that it's not very secure- I'm kind of leaning towards the Flamenco now. Such a difficult decision!! I also want a bag charm though, and I feel the Hammock looks best with charms. :confused1::confused1:

Thank you for sharing your perspective! I live in a very busy city and am always nervous about pick pocketers so the mini might make me nervous.

Do you use the small as a crossbody? My ideal way to carry a bag is crossbody so I think I would end up picking whichever size looks best as a crossbody, and I'm thinking that would be the mini but given that it's not very secure- I'm kind of leaning towards the Flamenco now. Such a difficult decision!! I also want a bag charm though, and I feel the Hammock looks best with charms. :confused1::confused1:
Oh, Absolutely! I've worn my Hammock crossbody, so much to the point that it replaces my puzzle (despite me not carrying a lot of things on a daily basis; small puzzle was a better fit, capacity-wise) But the Hammock is just an easy bag and sp comfortable to carry. It molds to the body and for a bucket-style bag I found it pretty secure. Inserting some modshots below (pic 2 shows how it molds to the hip effortlessly and automatically secured the closure without hooking its clasp)

1707727812942.png
Also, I just realized a small hack to when I need quick access to the bag while the clasp is fastened (when I need the bag to be extra secure), is to simply fling open one of its 'side', grab my stuff, and flip it back in! The bag is pretty easy to access without undoing the clasp

1707728430401.png

I got the small Hammock in Toffee last month for my birthday. An instant favorite that's competing with my Puzzle. I genuinely can't decide which one I love more. I do appreciate the easy access (fold & unfold) with the Hammock if I'm feeling more carefree day to day. I've been wearing it recently with a shortened strap if anyone's curious for another possibility. I quite like it more as a shoulder bag right now. I'm 4'10" for reference.

I just don't see this bag as often as I see Puzzles or Flamencos. Absolutely underrated. A really good IYKYK.

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpeg
    IMG_6513.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6514.jpeg
    IMG_6514.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6516.jpeg
    IMG_6516.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 52