The Loewe Basket

Hello there! I'd like to share my experience with this bag. I've used this for about a year and I rotate it pretty often with my other bags. The rattan has held up really well, no fibers snagging onto clothes. The shape is still structured and no distortion noticeable. I do sometimes carry this bag on the shoulder when I need to use both my hands, though, it should be noted that the opening is bulky and not meant to worn on the shoulder for long periods. I also use a drawstring bag as an insert, to keep the interior clean.

View attachment 5386518

View attachment 5386519

View attachment 5386520

View attachment 5386521

View attachment 5386522

View attachment 5386523

View attachment 5386524

View attachment 5386525

Love this basket! Definitely on my wishlist!

Please delete if this is not allowed but I've been eyeing the Loewe basket for a while now but I honestly cannot convince myself to spend $600+ on a straw bag. I did check it out in person in Singapore and the leather is so beautiful and soft, but it's still like 90% made of straw. Also, I was in vacation in Maldives earlier this year and I brought another rattan bag with me and the pleather on that bag got super gross with all of the sunscreen on my skin and hands. It would be super upsetting if that happened to a beautiful Loewe bag.

I feel like Instagram must have known that I've been looking at the Loewe basket because it showed this as a sponsored post. It's made in Spain, the shape is similar to the Loewe basket, AND the straps are real leather. I find that a lot of the basket bags I've been looking at at this price point all have pleather handles. The pricing seems reasonable too. What do you guys think? It even comes with the drawstring bag interior "lining."

Reactions: thundercloud
Please delete if this is not allowed but I've been eyeing the Loewe basket for a while now but I honestly cannot convince myself to spend $600+ on a straw bag. I did check it out in person in Singapore and the leather is so beautiful and soft, but it's still like 90% made of straw. Also, I was in vacation in Maldives earlier this year and I brought another rattan bag with me and the pleather on that bag got super gross with all of the sunscreen on my skin and hands. It would be super upsetting if that happened to a beautiful Loewe bag.

I feel like Instagram must have known that I've been looking at the Loewe basket because it showed this as a sponsored post. It's made in Spain, the shape is similar to the Loewe basket, AND the straps are real leather. I find that a lot of the basket bags I've been looking at at this price point all have pleather handles. The pricing seems reasonable too. What do you guys think? It even comes with the drawstring bag interior "lining."

As with a LV canvas tote, or a Cartier jewelry, we're not only paying for the bag, or for gold, we're mostly paying for the brand.

If all you want is a straw bag, go for a brandless one which will be more worth the money. It's cute and fitting for the beach or vacation. Or you can save up for a proper leather bag for daily use.

Personally, I like the Loewe logo, so I purchased their basket bag. Been using it for 1 year in Malaysia (same weather as Sg), it's held up well and the handles are ok, even with all my sweat, and I sweat a lot. the leather is still matte and not clammy feeling. Hope that helpss!

As with a LV canvas tote, or a Cartier jewelry, we're not only paying for the bag, or for gold, we're mostly paying for the brand.

If all you want is a straw bag, go for a brandless one which will be more worth the money. It's cute and fitting for the beach or vacation. Or you can save up for a proper leather bag for daily use.

Personally, I like the Loewe logo, so I purchased their basket bag. Been using it for 1 year in Malaysia (same weather as Sg), it's held up well and the handles are ok, even with all my sweat, and I sweat a lot. the leather is still matte and not clammy feeling. Hope that helpss!
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I feel the same about my Loewe. It hasn’t been spoiled by suncream at all.

Thanks, that does help! I was really worried about how the leather would hold up on vacation, especially because my other rattan bag was basically falling apart after a week in Maldives with all the sunscreen and sweat. Glad to hear that you've been using it with no issues in Malaysia. I normally live in Canada so the weather here is pretty mild, but I can see myself using the Loewe basket mostly on vacation so I was thinking about it in the context of hot tropical weather.

Got this bag for summer. Was looking around for straw/raffia bags and this little tote caught my eye.

So cute and I am so excited to use it on vacation. It's smaller than I expected but it still works.

View attachment 5406120
Great choice. Enjoy carrying.
View attachment 5406632View attachment 5406633I

I normally never buy open topped handbags, but I fell in love with this bag last year and used it with the dust bag. Then, a few months ago, I saw this owl sack online and impulsively bought it. Now I’m marrying the two and I couldn’t be happier. They are coming to the beach with me this weekend.
I do that with mine too (different style). A canvas drawstring bag is great inside it sometimes. I love the colours on your bags (both the Loewe and liner).
8588D74E-1075-41FA-87CE-0545DF29460F.jpegC21B3336-BA54-4D61-B35A-5E8FA4943C0C.jpeg

Does anyone have this bag? Is it worth the price tag?

I feel like elephant grass seems the sturdiest or hardiest amongst all the grass bags.. like rafgia, straw, palm leaves.. anyone can share insights?

Screenshot_20220521-141054_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BareniaKelly
Is this bag not as popular or loved? The SA told me nobody's really asking for this bag.. in a way i am like yay! I am kind of over bags that i see everywhere and i like yo carry something less mainstream nowadays.. ♡.♡

The square basket bags are nice, but the SA told me it will unravel more easily than this bag, which feels so much sturdier

I still think i am slightly mad to spend $1K on a basket bag.. sigh. But its been on my mind and its one of the more reasonable basket bags amongst designer brands

N i think i got tired of leather and canvas bags which are heavier and also show wear in time anyways.. might as well buy something i like
20220524_140626.jpg

20220524_140758.jpg

20220524_140839.jpg

Is this bag not as popular or loved? The SA told me nobody's really asking for this bag.. in a way i am like yay! I am kind of over bags that i see everywhere and i like yo carry something less mainstream nowadays.. ♡.♡

The square basket bags are nice, but the SA told me it will unravel more easily than this bag, which feels so much sturdier

I still think i am slightly mad to spend $1K on a basket bag.. sigh. But its been on my mind and its one of the more reasonable basket bags amongst designer brands

N i think i got tired of leather and canvas bags which are heavier and also show wear in time anyways.. might as well buy something i like
View attachment 5410997

View attachment 5410998

View attachment 5410999
I've been eyeing that one too since last year or the small square in white. Looks so fab on you!

Reactions: sassification

View attachment 5410997

View attachment 5410998

View attachment 5410999
Such a chic relaxed vibe. I love it!

Reactions: sassification